• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spec Ops does a good job with offering a boring repetive gameplay. Fits the whole Anti-War theme. Maybe the first time i say that offering such a shit gameplay is actually a good thing.

Koroviev

Spec Ops does a good job with offering a boring repetive gameplay. Fits the whole Anti-War theme. Maybe the first time i say that offering such a shit gameplay is actually a good thing.

That and the fact that it subtly emphasizes headshots. Only thing is that I'm currently stuck on the part where you have to
use the turret gun to blow out the windows...no idea what I'm doing wrong <:T

Just finished up Max Payne 3 there, well that was...okay I guess, some awful use of cutscenes that made so many parts of the game just frustrating to play

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
A shame the tutorial is just a bunch of videos and not learn as you play. Kinda put me off after sitting watching three videos and then getting bored earlier today :/

Yeah, tutorials are horrible. I suggest playing any other 4X game before. CivV and Endless Space are easier to learn. If you already know how to play 4X games, GalCiv is easier to master.

That and the fact that it subtly emphasizes headshots. Only thing is that I'm currently stuck on the part where you have to
use the turret gun to blow out the windows...no idea what I'm doing wrong <:T

Duck, a lot. Its going to take you a while to break the windows.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just finished up Max Payne 3 there, well that was...okay I guess, some awful use of cutscenes that made so many parts of the game just frustrating to play

At some point early into development, Dan Houser forgot he was a game director and assumed the identity of the late Tony Scott.

DagsJT

I remember thinking it was great that the sale went on so long. Then I realised that Valve were just posting repeats of deals. Can't remember the last time I had so much excitement shot down so quickly.

Koroviev

A shame the tutorial is just a bunch of videos and not learn as you play. Kinda put me off after sitting watching three videos and then getting bored earlier today :/

I appreciate a game that omits forced tutorials. I'd rather google "beginner tips for x" and experience trial by fire than try to convince myself that I'm actually going to remember anything from a prolonged tutorial section.

Dynoro

Gee thanks Valve!

EgIkE.jpg

DagsJT

Yeah, tutorials are horrible. I suggest playing any other 4X game before. CivV and Endless Space are easier to learn. If you already know how to play 4X games, GalCiv is easier to master.

I'm decent at playing Civ V but it's just working out what's what in GalCiv itself. I'll give it a proper go at some point.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
GalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivII
Also, grab these mods:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40355243&postcount=215

Oh hey, the Carpe Fulgar stuff. Tempted to get Fortune Summoners, but I remember not liking the demo a ton since there were too many buttons to map to a controller or something.

Toma

Oh hey, the Carpe Fulgar stuff. Tempted to get Fortune Summoners, but I remember not liking the demo a ton since there were too many buttons to map to a controller or something.

Recettear is the only really good game so far.

derFeef

Even assuming it to be legit, the list isn't exhaustive as it's quite clear there aren't enough games to cover the length of the sale.

That's good to know, but at this point, I am not sure we will see many new games in dailys. I am not complaining, I already got many games I wanted.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Best 4X game, deserves more sold copies.

It's most certainly the best 4X space game by a large margin IMHO, but Civ IV: BTS is still my favorite 4X game ever. Note I didn't say Civ V, although I do love Civ V.

I'm gonna go start a new game of Gal Civ II right now, lol.

cicero

GalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivIIGalCivII

You are going to sucker me into buying that Dungeons Gold pack and it had better be great!@#

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's good to know, but at this point, I am not sure we will see many new games in dailys. I am not complaining, I already got many games I wanted.

Maybe the stars will align and we'll get TSW, Miasmata and Primordia on the same day.

MasLegio

Banned
If you want Skyrim real cheap try and look for the boxed version. Activates on Steam and is probably cheaper than Skyrim will be on the next christmas sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom