• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just missed a sale when it was on $5.00 on the official site, at this point your best bet is to cross your fingers that it ends up as a Daily / Flash deal although you can buy it now on the Steam store or official page for 25% off at $7.50

Damn. Its €7.50 and thats a bit too much for me. What are the chances it will go on a flash sale?

M.D

FUCK FUCK FUCK

I knew something would go wrong.

I'm using a Visa card that you can charge one time for up to $250 for my online purchases. I had one and used it all up.

Went to the mail to get a new card with $175, and the girl tells me their system have crashed and they can't do anything. I'll get it on Sunday, I'm just hoping I won't miss out on some good deals.

Problem? How many computers do you need?

Got my current setup, one computer.

Upgrade a gpu, second computer.

HDD breaks down and needs change, third computer.

The story goes. It wouldn't be a problem if you could deactivate the previous computers somehow, but you can't, and WB or SecuRoM won't give you an extra key if you run out.

Kabouter

I'm still bummed they never put Darkest of Days on sale any more, I know it's going to be jank and mediocre at best, but I still want it for some reason :p.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
People should keep in mind that Arkham City has atrocious DRM. Steam, GFWL and SecuROM with limited activations (5 machines with 10 activations each, but you can't cancel them when you uninstall).

Where were you three hours ago. Damnit. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Triple layered DRM with some limited activations sprinkled on top. If it was a cake, it'd be great.

Tc91

Anyone willing to list the current Flash deals? None of the images load for me.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. -75% - £3.74
ArtRage3. -66% - £15.29
Doom 3: BFG Edition. -50% - £9.99
Farming Simulator 2013. -50% - £9.99
I Am Alive. -60% - £4.41
AirMech Steam Starter Pack. -75% - £1.74

Toki767

Anyone willing to list the current Flash deals? None of the images load for me.

Deus Ex Human Revolution for $4.99 (75% off)
ArtRage 3 Pro Studio for $20.39 (66% off)
Doom 3 BFG Edition for $14.99 (50% off)
Farming Simulator 2013 for $14.99 (50% off)
I Am Alive for $5.09 off (66% off)
AirMech Starter Pack for $2.49 (75% off)

NaviLink

People should keep in mind that Arkham City has atrocious DRM. Steam, GFWL and SecuROM with limited activations (5 machines with 10 activations each, but you can't cancel them when you uninstall).

And now I remember why I stopped playing on PC a few years ago. Hopefully this is the only game I buy during the sale that has this.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
And now I remember why I stopped playing on PC a few years ago. Hopefully this is the only game I buy during the sale that has this.
You'll be happy to know DRM has been taking a turn for the better in recent years. Improvements in markets, Steam, and the growth of the indie scene and digital titles has helped this.

TheBear

So.. I think I've pretty much bought all the games I need, so this year instead of buying more I might actually play some!
I feel like playing a shooter, and I've narrowed down to these:

Hard Reset
Spec Ops: The Line
Max Payne 3
Binary Domain
Bulletstorm

Where should I start?

Just got Deus Ex 1 in the flash deal and Fate of Atlantis and Home. Aside from maybe one or two amazing flash-deals I'm probably going to get some more adventure games. Got a nice list ready. And they're so cheap anyway it doesn't really matter if they're 50 or 75% off.

Shoogoo

So.. I think I've pretty much bought all the games I need, so this year instead of buying more I might actually play some!

Hard Reset
Max Payne 3
Binary Domain
Bulletstorm

Where should I start?

Start with Hard Reset as an appetizer. The campaign is only 5 hours long.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Hard Reset
Max Payne 3
Binary Domain
Bulletstorm

Where should I start?

All good choices but I would recommend Binary Domain personally.

Kabouter

Hard Reset
Max Payne 3
Binary Domain
Bulletstorm

Where should I start?

Spec Ops is by far the best game of that lot, but the weakest in terms of actual shooter mechanics. Bulletstorm has solid over the top mechanics, much like Painkiller did. I didn't really care for what I played of Hard Reset.

Just don't play it on hard like I did, unless you want it to live up to the first part of it's name.

I respectfully disagree - I didn't find it engaging until I put it on Insane, which forces the player to make use of the environment to triumph. Very difficult but very rewarding. On Normal I found it to be very bland indeed.

Tevious

Steam sales just aren't that exciting anymore. Over the years, I already own everything I'd want and I still haven't played most of them.

Addnan

I bought Monkey Island bundle to give away. Quote this post and then I'll pick a random winner when there are enough people quoting.

3qaxK.png

Also add me on Steam You don't need to add me to win, I just like seeing what people buy. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Addnan

Over, winner is masterkajo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom