• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage report day 1
iMYiEKZvX8pWq.png

Deques

Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the records
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
Lost Planet 2

All are 50% off, plus 30% off with the coupon in GMG

Madouu

My first game under gfwl, and I understand why people say it's utter crap. JESUS CHRIST

Welcome to the machine.

Just grabbed DMC4, somehow I've never had this game even though I've played it for a bit at a friend's house and liked it. Thanks for posting the deal guys.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How is Witcher 1 compared to 2? I've read A LOT about how good 2 is on PC and got it during the last sale, but the price on Witcher 1 is rather tempteing atm.

Also, I'd like impressions on Bard's Tale as well please.
Haven't played TW2, as I'm still making my way through the first one, so I can't compare them. TW1 is awesome so far, but it's unstable as fuck, at least on my PC. If you can put up with hourly crashes (sometimes 40 minutes, sometimes 1:30 hours) and learn to quicksave often, then you should get is as soon as it reaches 75% off. Definitely one of the best titles I played this year, I only hope the awesomeness lasts till the ending.

mmmmmmmmmmmm tempting, but I'd like to hear more impressions about the combat and general gameplay, like can it be beaten as a (Pacificst) Stealth run?
The combat is good for me, though I've seen some people here who didn't like it. You have to click at the right time to chain attacks, and there are special powers that you can also use. I don't think you can play as a pacifist, many quests require you to kill X amount of enemies, or certain boss, or things like that.

Thoraxes

Ok, got DMC4

Been waiting to see a $5 for years.

I kinda am hoping to see RE5 go on sale around $5 too. Me and a bro wanna co-op it because why not.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You should remove it from your wishlist then, i almost gifted you Human Revolution earlier you dork. lol

Don't get me wrong, I was talking to Salsa about it yesterday:

It's not like I don't think the game is good. From everything I've read about it (reviews and GAF impressions), it looks like an awesome game. Just like Syndicate.

It's just I have so much goddamn games to play and I wouldn't play it anytime soon if I bought it. And it's a first person shooter. A type of game I already play everytime me and me friends gather to play a game.

It's not like I don't want it. I do. I just wouldn't play it anytime soon.

Kabouter

Don't get me wrong, I was talking to Salsa about it yesterday:

It's not like I don't think the game is good. From everything I've read about it (reviews and GAF impressions), it looks like an awesome game. Just like Syndicate.

It's just I have so much goddamn games to play and I wouldn't play it anytime soon if I bought it. And it's a first person shooter. A type of game I already play everytime me and me friends gather to play a game.

It's not like I don't want it. I do. I just wouldn't play it anytime soon.

Deus Ex: HR is a first person shooter?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I would have bought Deus Ex and DMC 4 last Winter Sale on a heartbeat at these prices.

This year I'm kinda different: I'm not going to play Deus EX and I hated the DMC4 demo when I played it on PC. It's a good game, but it's not the kind of game I enjoy (except I loved Bayonetta?)

This is weird.

1-D_FTW

Green Man Gaming is so worthless to me.

Pays with Paypal balance.

"We're sorry, this transaction has been declined. Some banks thing GMG is an offshore gambling site."

The next GMG transaction that goes through for me will literally be my first. It's just a time sink that NEVER works for me.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I really wish Steam would indicate if a game supports gamepad and automatically maps or if you have to fiddle with it (Prince of Persia 2008?)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I expected that reaction when one popped up.

However I see it got a heap of people excited that the RPG Maker app might go on sale. :p

I actually have a few software titles in my wishlist. A Gamemaker or RPG Maker sale would be nice.

Seance

Banned
Green Man Gaming is so worthless to me.

Pays with Paypal balance.

"We're sorry, this transaction has been declined. Some banks thing GMG is an offshore gambling site."

The next GMG transaction that goes through for me will literally be my first. It's just a time sink that NEVER works for me.

Funny, i find GMG to be far superior to Steam. Then again i don't use paypal for these kinds of purchases. Bought Dark souls on GMG with the 30% off code just now because of the horrible price gouging for the game at the Steam store.

I thought I was being paranoid. The absolute number one reason I held out on getting both Arkham games was because of the ominous SecuROM label.

Batman AA:
connection_07.jpg

Seriously, fuck SecuROM.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That DMC4 deal was too good. First game bought this sale, and didn't even buy from steam directly >.>

DMC4 on GMG is good, but DMC is a little cheaper for me (regional pricing) if it goes for 75% off. I also kinda want to buy the package (DMC 3+4). I need to know why DMC3 is so bad.

I'm still kinda undecided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom