• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

gaf thank you for FTL, i am currently on the second phase of that FTL.jpeg if you know what i mean :D

I don't know what you mean.
the boss? :p

I think he means:

ylW2S.jpg

kamspy

bummer, with the amazon student prime code, it cuts the physical version down to $30

Pretty sure both versions require Uplay. In this case, getting it on Steam just means an extra client. I'd love a Steam version with no Uplay, but in this case I bought it retail just to avoid going through too many hoops. Either way, you're gonna be living with Uplay, and you can redownload it from them just like you would Steam.

Croc

Banned
Anyone think there's any chance XCom will be lower then the 25% off it is right now again anywhere else before the holiday sale season is over?

M.D

You missed the Amazon sale yesterday I believe. Your next bet is GMG tomorrow. $5 I think. Plus use of the 30% off.

There was an Amazon sale? I know they have the pack with the goty edition, gods and kings and 2 other games stil

Also the game your'e talking about on GMG tomorrow is gods and kings, its an expansion you still need the base game

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
There was an Amazon sale? I know they have the pack with the goty edition, gods and kings and 2 other games stil

Also the game your'e talking about on GMG tomorrow is gods and kings, its an expansion you still need the base game

Yeah, they had them separately. Yeah, the G&K is an expansion, would need the base game as you said.

Edit- If the $5 coupon still works, you could get it on Amazon for $10. Look in the Amazon thread to see if anyone is willing to help you. I know a few people weren't using theirs.

Wok

Not that I don't have the money, but I would have appreciated a discount for Puddle, even a small one.

Why is there no discount on Puddle?

Still waiting for sales on Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Puddle (not currently discounted at all), Pid and Thomas Was Alone.

I was randomly browsing GOG and there is a 50% discount for Puddle! Why not on Steam? And there is no mention of the game being sold anywhere else than on Steam on the official website (now, I see the _steam in the url)!

Edit: The game should be on Desura too, but it is not!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think he means:

ylW2S.jpg

They should add another section to it.

"After 1 hour of playing FTL"

And a picture of a crazed man with large rings under his eyes constantly experiencing time loops.

I had to uninstall it because it was stealing any productivity I had. The mantra of "I'll play it until the first death" is always eradicated whenever I touch it. I felt like a poker machine slots junkie. Such a lovely and wonderful game.

cicero

Last mention for the Dungeons games tonight ($4 each):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482175

95% of all the questions you might have are answered in that OP, if anything comes up feel free to ask in the thread and I answer tomorrow :)

I thought you might like to know that Dungeons: Gold Edition is the same price on GMG as it is on Steam, $7.49. But with the 30% off code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 it comes down to $5.25, and contrary to earlier comments yesterday, BOTH games show up as Steam Special editions.

"After 1 hour of playing FTL"

And a picture of a crazed man with large rings under his eyes constantly experiencing time loops.

I had to uninstall it because it was stealing any productivity I had. The mantra of "I'll play it until the first death" is always eradicated whenever I touch it. I felt like a poker machine slots junkie. Such a lovely and wonderful game.

How can you uninstall this game not cool man not cool

Dingotech

I'm worried because I took a DRM free copy to work.

I'm on holidays at the moment, but there is a copy of FTL sitting on my work laptop.

I'm not sure I will have a job in a month's time. XD

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

This game will always be haunted by the bad reviews. Which sucks, because even though hidden dice rolls aren't the most intuitive thing in the world, going stealth still makes for a pretty fun experience that's at least on par with the Mass Effect games. And then there's the whole thing about the story/decision making/dialogue (you know the role playing bits in this RPG) being some of the best in the entire genre?

And yet someone doesn't even want it for free. Games journalists can eat a mouldering ball sack.
Are there any mods that improve it?

Kammie

Resonance seems cool from the trailer. Does the whole thing have good production values in spite of it being pixel art, or is that just the fancy trailer that they made?

I can't remember if The Orange Box went on sale during the Summer Sale or not. I want to gift it to a friend of mine, but I don't know if I should get Portal 1 while it's on sale and just do it all seperately or continue to wait for a full Orange Box sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom