• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'm new to Steam, how can I gift a game ? I only need an id ?

You can gift through an email too. Just be sure that the email address you are using to gift is same address the receiver is using in his/her steam account.

GAF, I have a nostalgia for Chao raising in SA2.

Is the Chaos raising in SA2:B for PC worth the £2.99 it's asking? Do I need the DLC too?

SA2:B is a non-shit port, right? Unlike SA:DX?

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I've been waiting for the entire Steam sale period for The Witcher 2 to be onsale at 75% and now I've so over spent my budget that I can't bring myself to push my credit card to breaking point.

I wanted the retail version of The Witcher 2 for the gaming shelf anyway so I'll wait. Damn that game looks amazing.

Alpha Protocol will have to wait until next sale period as well. It was completely off of my radar under GMG put it on sale and enticed me to look at some YouTube videos. I have no idea how a Mass Effect 1 style game by Obsidian managed to avoid getting a day one purchase.

I'm definitely suffering from sale fatigue at the moment. I *think* I've spent around $150 in total. I don't want to look at my bank statement to confirm that as it'll probably be over.

I can't complain though, I've stocked up on so many amazing titles. Good times.

Ugh, I've been waiting for the entire Steam sale period for The Witcher 2 to be onsale at 75% and now I've so over spent my budget that I can't bring myself to push my credit card to breaking point.

I wanted the retail version of The Witcher 2 for the gaming shelf anyway so I'll wait. Damn that game looks amazing.

Alpha Protocol will have to wait until next sale period as well. It was completely off of my radar under GMG put it on sale and enticed me to look at some YouTube videos. I have no idea how a Mass Effect 1 style game by Obsidian managed to avoid getting a day one purchase.

I'm definitely suffering from sale fatigue at the moment. I *think* I've spent around $150 in total. I don't want to look at my bank statement to confirm that as it'll probably be over.

If you don't care about/mind the shooting/sneaking gameplay, Alpha Protocol is one of the best games of this generation.

Many of you already know this, but Xelios is a wonderful, trustworthy Gaffer.

I don't think I've ever had a more easy gifting process than I just had with him.

Damage so far;

Ace if spades
Assassins creed 2
Mass effect 1+2
Civ v g+k
Sleeping dogs
X com
Spec ops the line
Doom 3
Chivalry
Thirty flights of loving
Sims 3
Binary domain

Done well so far!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
This is my first time actually looking at this game. Looks really good.

Giana Sisters is awesome. Could've used more collectibles and incentive to 100% but everything else is top notch.

Thanks to Planet_JASE for helping me out with Millionaire + DLC @ Australian pricing.

Many of you already know this, but Xelios is a wonderful, trustworthy Gaffer.

I don't think I've ever had a more easy gifting process than I just had with him.

Aw, thanks. Same to you; quick, easy & trustworthy.

I played the port on Xbox, it's not bad.

I'd quite like to know PC specifics, particularly as it's a Sega DC port, which have previously included such awesome port features as;
- locked 4:3 resolution
- having to reboot your PC to get a playable frame rate
- no anti-aliasing options

Stage On

So would anyone recommend the X SuperBox?

I'm also really tempted by Sins, too bad it's 66% and not 75%... I just can't see myself biting for anything that's over $10 right now

Yanksfan

If anyone need convincing to pick up Resonance at 75% it's worth checking out the OT.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479123

I only played about an hour but seriously liked what I played, reminds me, think I need to restart that.

Thanks for the push. I remember hearing good things when it launched. Surprised it hit 75% off with how this sale has been going.

That now puts me at:

Torchlight II
Orcs Must Die 2
Hotline Miami
FTL
Resonance

I've only got my laptop going at the moment due to not having a desk setup for proper PC gaming. Resonance might actually be one I play first since I need a proper setup to enjoy the others.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
If you don't care about/mind the shooting/sneaking gameplay, Alpha Protocol is one of the best games of this generation.

I have no doubt. Reading a few of Durante's posts on it a few pages back sold me on the game. It sounds exactly like the kind of RPG I love to play. It's a shame that I missed it the first time around.

I'm about $100 over my intended budget this sale (hahah) so as cheap as it is at the moment, I'll hold out. I'll just track down a nice sealed retail copy off of eBay during the year.

I'm gonna regret this but I'll buy Witcher 2 for you. PM me, yo.

ASTROID2

Bundles are supposed cheaper than buying separate right?
4jblU.png

What's the chance of Chivalry being cheaper elsewhere (GMG, GG, etc) before the end of the sales period (Jan 5)?

I know it's been cheaper at GMG with coupon codes but I'd much prefer to pick it up now than wait 6 months for another sale.

Thanks.

Dingotech

So I booted Half-Minute hero last night for the first time.

Whilst it recognised my 360 controller it didn't change the button prompts from the keyboard controls. Is there any patches/mods out there that can do this?

Who the heck thought that using "C" for confirm on the keyboard was a good idea......

So I booted Half-Minute hero last night for the first time.

Whilst it recognised my 360 controller it didn't change the button prompts from the keyboard controls. Is there any patches/mods out there that can do this?

Who the heck thought that using "C" for confirm on the keyboard was a good idea......
It's actually in the options menu, under the button config. Press left/right and it'll switch between keyboard or controller prompts. Took me a bit to notice it as well.

Kafel

Banned
thank you, 80 % of my friends don't have wishlists so I couldn't find it ...

it helped to know where to look for, I've offered S&S to one of them : )

Whoo! So glad I waited on those GTA games + Morrowind and Oblivion. Nearly pulled the trigger yesterday. Woke up today and saw they were all on sale. Yay for patience.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Whoo! So glad I waited on those GTA games + Morrowind and Oblivion. Nearly pulled the trigger yesterday. Woke up today and saw they were all on sale. Yay for patience.

Is San Andreas still good? I've never played a GTA but I just finished 27 hours of Sleeping Dogs and want that type of game but set in the US.

Gibbo

Anyone having issues playing Rainbow 6 Raven Shield? Tried Running it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode in Windows 7 - but the game is still giving me a critical error message

GAMERG0D

Is San Andreas still good? I've never played a GTA but I just finished 27 hours of Sleeping Dogs and want that type of game but set in the US.

It's regarded as the best GTA by many. I enjoy it a lot. You might have to get used to the camera controls, they're kind of wonky sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom