• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZNova

Is it just me or does that current sonic bundle contain far fewer games than the old sonic bundle that was on sale a few days ago?

cicero

Is it just me or does that current sonic bundle contain far fewer games than the old sonic bundle that was on sale a few days ago?

It isn't just you. They removed games and kept the base price the same. Apparently we are blind idiots or something.

kami_sama

Right now I can't buy resonance. Is someone willing to buy me the game?

Will paypal or buy a game to the one that helps me when I have the money.

I don't really love point and click adventures, but at that price and the impressions, I'll... add it to my wishlist for now and do some more poking around for reviews/more impressions.

inky

It's probably been said before but why is Sonic Generations only 50% off when it was 75% even a couple weeks before the sale?

I don't know, but I bought it for $10 a year ago. I can't believe it is more expensive now.

I still haven't played it of course, lol.

Wok

SPLICE impressions anyone? Really interested in the game but not sure whether I should take the plunge!

And I still really want impressions for SPLICE.
splice.png

No one? If anyone else is interested, I might take the plunge to report back for others.

I got Splice as part of an Android Humble Bundle and enjoy it (Splice was the main reason I got the bundle). At first the game made no sense and felt like I was just randomly grabbing/moving parts, but then I started to grasp the idea. I love the slick presentation. One of the best puzzle games I played this year (along with my personal favorite Girls Like Robots:) I think there's a GB quick look I'm too lazy to find, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's cheaper than $5.

The puzzles are repeated but with different mechanics to solve them. I found the music and the gameplay interesting for a puzzle game. However, the game is short: I am half-way through the epilogue after two hours (main+extras should take 4 hours). The presentation is slick indeed. There is no tutorial and the game makes little sense at first, but it is rewarding to discover and learn the mechanics by oneself. There is a rewind feature, which is always nice for a puzzle game. I also suggest trying English Country Tune.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Is Resonance good? I've never even heard of it - but the autoplay video made it look decent. I'm a sucker for a really good story, so I bought it.

Salsa

Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After correcting any errors in the information displayed below, please try your purchase again.

this is why its better to buy funds for your wallet before a sale, dang it

HoosTrax

Do the achievements for Resonance actually work? There was some update to Gemini Rue at some point that broke all the achievements and didn't get fixed until after I had finished the game. Assume it was something related to AGS but not sure.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What would you guys say is the best point & click adventure of all time? Monkey Island 2?

Caerith

Do the achievements for Resonance actually work? There was some update to Gemini Rue at some point that broke all the achievements and didn't get fixed until after I had finished the game. Assume it was something related to AGS but not sure.
Possibly related, but when I played the first Blackwell game, my achievements didn't work either. And then there was some update and they did work. So if it's an AGS problem, then Resonance is probably fine.

Nabs

You never know when a P&C game will come in handy.

Now I just need The Book of Unwritten Tales to go on sale...

feel

Speaking of point and clicks, anyone with Gemini Rue have their mouse cursor behave atrociously unresponsive in game when you first played, and how did you fix it.

edit-

guess I'll pick up resonance

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Resonance is solid. Better than Gemini Rue. MUCH better than Primordia.

Caerith

What would you guys say is the best point & click adventure? Monkey Island 2?
Depends what your metric of "best" is. Classically, Maniac Mansion was pretty impressive for allowing consequence, or the first Monkey Island had (IMO) the best humor. Also, everyone should play The Dig. Modernly, TWD in spite of all its technical problems, or all three seasons of Sam & Max for humor. I really enjoyed the first three Blackwell games (despite being locked to a tiny resolution), and was pretty annoyed by how blatantly the NA release of Yesterday was censored, so Wadjet Eye > Pendulo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom