• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomrider

Don't say that man. You gotta believe!

I'm also really tempted by that Spec Ops GMG sale but since the GB GOTY podcasts spoiled the ending I figured I would wait a year for the memories to fade. I'll pick it up and play through it once I've forgotten enough.

I keep expecting it to be a Flash Deal, and the Tomb Raider Collection kinda renewed my hope for a 75% off, but I dunno. Maybe I'm just being impatient. At any rate, I may yet be proven wrong, and I hope I am!

That sucks, as the story is the important part of the game, after all. I know a few bits about it, but nothing too spoilery (I think?).

I just alt+tab to Chrome to check forums. Currently have Spec Ops running.

Alt+tabbing is... not as elegant as using the overlay, though.
lol
But it works, too.

Fireblend

Banned
Anyone willing to trade me some keys from the latest HIB in exchange for Resonance? I've got Indie Game: The Movie, Closure, The Binding of Isaac (+DLC), Legend of Grimrock, The Basement Collection, Offspring Fling and Cave Story+.

Farcry 3 is so good I am not sure I need anything else. I am waiting until AC3 is under $10, I think, since the feedback is so negative.

Already picked up Binary Domain and Super Street Fighter IV. I got Hitman with my graphics card and already played most of the other big releases this year (Dark Souls, Darksiders, Walking Dead, Xcom, Sleeping Dogs etc).

Civ V Gods and Kings on GMG tomorrow might be my last purchase.

Fireblend

Banned
Reposting for new page, last attempt :p
Anyone willing to trade me some keys from the latest HIB in exchange for Resonance? I've got Indie Game: The Movie, Closure, The Binding of Isaac (+DLC), Legend of Grimrock, The Basement Collection, Offspring Fling and Cave Story+.

dreamfall

No Trains for me! Every vote wrongly picked by me!

Hitman: Blood Money is really the game to get, if you're only buying one! Voted Company of Heroes!

Kuroyume

Banned
The Legacy of Kain Collection is so not getting a bigger discount, that I went ahead and got Spec Ops on GMG. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Speaking of... Has anyone purchased any of the games and care to comment on the quality of the PC ports and whether or not the games hold up gameply wise. I'm sure narrative will still be strong but gameplay most likely suffers right? Being such primative 3d titles...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, old movie reference. :p

Longer than me. Haven't seen it since I was 8 or so.

WarGame: EE being on sale the first time for this Winter Sale actually made me go watch it. Watching the phreaking/hacking scenes made me feel really old. Also young Broderick made me feel old.

/You're all welcome.

On another note, for the GTA bundle, can I purchase GTA 1/2 separately or is the only way though the bundle? Alternatively, do I get a second copy of GTAIV if I just buy the bundle?

Secondly, I just got back from work, so I was wondering if you guys have any opinions on Resonance?

Thanks.

Speevy

Banned
Biggest sign that you own too many steam games.

1) You are interested in something that's on sale because you haven't played it before.
2) You already own it.

border

1) You are interested in something that's on sale because you haven't played it before.
2) You already own it.

Yeah, I think I've had that happen at least a couple times already.

"Oh gosh this game is really cheap, maybe I should pick it up?"

"Wait, did I already buy it for cheap and just forget to ever play it?"

**checks Steam library, sees that the game was purchased, but never even downloaded**

"Oh."

**clicks "Download Game," starts playing FTL or Hotline Miami, then forgets about playing the game I was interested in**

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
WarGame: EE being on sale the first time for this Winter Sale actually made me go watch it. Watching the phreaking/hacking scenes made me feel really old. Also young Broderick made me feel old.

/You're all welcome.

On another note, for the GTA bundle, can I purchase GTA 1/2 separately or is the only way though the bundle? Alternatively, do I get a second copy of GTAIV if I just buy the bundle?

Secondly, I just got back from work, so I was wondering if you guys have any opinions on Resonance?

Thanks.

I was looking for it on Netflix, but it isn't up. Thank you!

GAF thinks it has one of the best stories, of any point-and-click. Might be worth checking it if you have any interest.

I'm tempted to get it only for the reason of owning all the 90+ metascored games on Steam. I'd probably never play it.

It is pretty awesome...but not only is it a game you pick up in a steam sale, but it is also a game you pick up in a steam sale that has a massive amount of depth and will require a big investment in time to get into it.

Sad how the best games are also the ones you are least likely to ever play. Classic catch 44 situation right there.

But you can still feel good that you purchased something incredible.

2) You already own it.

Steam is awesome. I can't tell you how many times I would have bought something if it wasn't for that big green bar saying "You already own _______ (you fucking idiot)".

OK, I added that fucking idiot part.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, since Korokiev kindly took up my trade offer and I now own Resonance and still have a couple of spare keys, I've got the following up for grabs:

Cave Story+
Indie Game: The Movie

If anyone's interested, be the first to quote this post and mention what you want and I'll send it your way.

I keep expecting it to be a Flash Deal, and the Tomb Raider Collection kinda renewed my hope for a 75% off, but I dunno. Maybe I'm just being impatient. At any rate, I may yet be proven wrong, and I hope I am!

I'm still holding out for it. There's still a while until the sales ends.

Xamdou

Well, since Korokiev kindly took up my trade offer and I now own Resonance and still have a couple of spare keys, I've got the following up for grabs:

Cave Story+

If anyone's interested, be the first to quote this post and mention what you want and I'll send it your way.

cave!

Soi-Fong

Cave Story+

Indie game.

Me being a game dev major, I still haven't watched this. Lol

Tizoc

When is the sale for Hitman gonna end? I'm only missing Blood Money and have no interest in trying Absolution anytime soon, but may do so in the future.

/You're all welcome.

On another note, for the GTA bundle, can I purchase GTA 1/2 separately or is the only way though the bundle? Alternatively, do I get a second copy of GTAIV if I just buy the bundle?.
GTA 1/2 are available for free. Rockstar decided to give them away a few years ago. Search around and you can probably find them on the Rockstar site.

If you buy the bundle, you do NOT get another copy of GTA 4. That said, it is still well worth the money if that is the only one you own.

Edit: I can't believe that Wargames doesn't get taken down off youtube! How does that guy get to upload such long videos?

Speevy

Banned
Surely there is someone who doesn't want to play Galactic Civilization 2 less than others.

That person should reply to this post and give me their Steam ID.

Xyber

Steam really has been meh with the deals this winter. Just got Tiny and Big on GMG for $1.25 with the 30% code and $0.5 in credit. That's just crazy.

xJavonta

Banned
Steam really has been meh with the deals this winter. Just got Tiny and Big on GMG for $1.25 with the 30% code and $0.5 in credit. That's just crazy.

They haven't been meh, other retailers have been holy shit.

Edit: Also, I have a key for Cave Story+. First to reply gets it via PM.

Xyber

They haven't been meh, other retailers have been holy shit.

Edit: Also, I have a key for Cave Story+. First to reply gets it via PM.

While it's true that others have been amazing, I still think the majority of the daily deals and stuff have been pretty boring this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom