• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Depends on your time zone.

q6AAq.png

As far as I know, it just failed to live up to its myriad promises. It was supposed to be something to rival TF2.

Moral of the story: Never set your sights on usurping a Valve property.

Not just that but the game had a really poor launch (especially on consoles). It never recovered from that.

Milamber

Brink doesn't look half bad. Why does everybody hate it?

Now this is the story all about how
Brink's life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how it became the prince of trash with no compare.

In Splash Damage, Ltd born and raised
On constant development where it spent most of its days
marketing, debugging, QCing all cool
And all the while hyping it outside of the school
When a couple of journalists found out its no good
Started making trouble in the GAFfer's hood
It got a lot of bad previews and Bethesda got scared
And said "Oh wow, you became a prince of trash with no compare."

EDIT: Why am I not working!?

Koroviev

Wow, so I made it to the part in Spec Ops where
Walker falls...a lot. Really? Really? I was going along with the story fine, but now I'm having a hard time suspending disbelief <:T

Now this is the story all about how
Brink's life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how it became the prince of trash with no compare.

In Splash Damage, Ltd born and raised
On constant development where it spent most of its days
marketing, debugging, QCing all cool
And all the while hyping it outside of the school
When a couple of journalists found out its no good
Started making trouble in the GAFfer's hood
It got a lot of bad previews and Bethesda got scared
And said "Oh wow, you became a prince of trash with no compare."

EDIT: Why am I not working!?

RNYrD.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Brink doesn't look half bad. Why does everybody hate it?
Partly I may have just had a bad multiplayer experience with it, but it's one of the very few games on Steam I actually wish I hadn't bought. Confusing interface, no singleplayer (or maybe there's the singleplayer/co-op mode that's just playing multiplayer against bots), dead community, mediocre/bad co-op mode, weird art style, bad/horrible performance for me on an ATI card...overall I'd rather just play more free Enemy Territory:Return to Castle Wolfenstein. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow, so I made it to the part in Spec Ops where
Walker falls...a lot. Really? Really? I was going along with the story fine, but now I'm having a hard time suspending disbelief <:T
The game's got a couple of fantastical moments I imagine are a bit exaggerated for coolness and weirdness sake. I didn't mind too much.

Artofwar420

It'd be nice if the browser saved cookies and such on a per-instance basis (i.e. everything you do while in-game is saved but cleared upon exit). It's annoying having to log back into GAF after accidentally closing the browser window.

Edit: Also, the overlay should a taskbar of sorts so you can minimise windows.

As far as I've used it, it does remember if you saved a password. At least in my experience it has.

Danj

About that The Secret World offer where if you buy it before the 31st you get extra content or something - how does that work? Does Steam handle it automatically? Do you just have to register your purchased key on their website? Or do you actually have to download the game and start playing? Just asking because I'm at my parents' house and the internet here is pretty slow in comparison.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Haven't bought much on GamersGate, but I'm all over GOG this sale :p
Both have been having some amazing deals this holiday season, but I have a soft-spot for indie games of varying quality barely anyone has heard of.
(/hipster)
It's kind of dissapointing the sale has been so hit and miss on Steam, actually have time right now and been playing through a ton of games recently. My gamers diet demands more
despite my massive backlog.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
its not actually, he just used it in a way that broke a recent GAF rule that was added and he is paying the price.

Well, it's not outright banned, but the distinction isn't overly important considering, joking aside, there's no situation where it could be considered a useful response.

Haven't bought much on GamersGate, but I'm all over GOG this sale :p

I'd assumed last year that I'd probably spend more on GoG than Steam this year. So much for that. (While my GoG library expanded slightly, none of the games were purchased.)

Kabouter

Both have been having some amazing deals this holiday season, but I have a soft-spot for indie games of varying quality barely anyone has heard of.
(/hipster)
It's kind of dissapointing the sale has been so hit and miss on Steam, actually have time right now and been playing through a ton of games recently. My gamers diet demands more
despite my massive backlog.

Yeah, it's not even just the amazing deals. I'll just be on GOG to buy this one game, only to go "Holy shit, Zeus: Master of Olympus is 50% off too. And oh wow, it also recommends me Capitalism II, which is 50% off too!"

They have too many games I have great memories of on there.

Milamber

I'm afraid of creating an account on GOG just because I know I'll have another hole to sink my money into.

Oh god, the Gabriel Knight series is in there. Hnnngh!

M.D

Anyone here who has a 2K coupon and doesn't need it? I want to buy the strategy pack

Also looking for someone who could help me buy it and I will pay him with PayPal

Gal Civ 2 Yay or Nay?

Yay.

Also, just bought Resonance and Emerald City Confidential. To be honest, I've never actually played a Wadjet Eye game and I've wanted to play Gemini Rue and Primordia. I might end up buying those before the sale is over.

I've been browsing through the indie section. What is GAF's opinion on Hard Reset and Sine Mora?

steveovig

I hate Steam with a passion. A couple weeks ago, I had never really used Steam but since they put SimCity 4 up on sale last week, I've bought numerous other games and it really feels like an addiction at this point. I've got to lay off the store for a while or something as I already have a giant backlog on the consoles. Hell, I bought a game today I'm not even sure will run right on my PC.

Chanser

I hate Steam with a passion. A couple weeks ago, I had never really used Steam but since they put SimCity 4 up on sale last week, I've bought numerous other games and it really feels like an addiction at this point. I've got to lay off the store for a while or something as I already have a giant backlog on the consoles. Hell, I bought a game today I'm not even sure will run right on my PC.

Let that backlog grow, you won't regret it. :(

You think you're going to be able to stop now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom