• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

Okay, well here's what I have keys for:

Legend of Grimrock
Binding of Isaac + DLC (2)
Shank 2
Snapshot
Indie Game the Movie

Please quote and state which one you'd like.

Strongly considering Galactic Civilizations II and FTL. I don't usually do those types of games, but where I'm so sick of "AAA" clusterfucks and bro shit and shooters I may finally start to appreciate games like this.

Strongly considering Galactic Civilizations II and FTL. I don't usually do those types of games, but where I'm so sick of "AAA" clusterfucks and bro shit and shooters I may finally start to appreciate games like this.

Gal Civ II is totally different from FTL, I know you know that.

I just feel bad because I could never even break into GCII even though I wanted to.

Koroviev

Anyone interested in BioShock 2 and have something they'd like to trade for it? Otherwise it goes to someone with quick hands.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it's the only way, I think. No you don't get a second game.

GTA 1/2 are available for free. Rockstar decided to give them away a few years ago. Search around and you can probably find them on the Rockstar site.

If you buy the bundle, you do NOT get another copy of GTA 4. That said, it is still well worth the money if that is the only one you own.

Edit: I can't believe that Wargames doesn't get taken down off youtube! How does that guy get to upload such long videos?

Ah, Rockstar taking the cheap way out. Thanks for the information on the bundle guys; and the heads up about GTA 1/2.

Youtube increased the data cap for individual files. And I figure that the copyright holders figure the movie is too old to bother with.

I was looking for it on Netflix, but it isn't up. Thank you!

GAF thinks it has one of the best stories, of any point-and-click. Might be worth checking it if you have any interest.

Enjoy!

Also, thanks for the tip, I have 40+ pages on the thread to read though still and the deal was going to be up before I finished. I'm going to pick it up, seems like a nice break from the AAA action games I've been churning through.

JLG-

This is probably a dumb question but how the fuck do you save your game on Civ 5?

I just put in like 3 hours and i don't see a save option. halp!

disregard.

Was going to drop in and say I'm having way more fun with FTL than I thought I would. I'm just playing on easy at the moment, as I'm very new to this type of game. However, the random nature of things is actually really enjoyable. Sometimes things go really well, and other times I'm left scrambling trying to put out random fires in my ship after fighting off a pirate by venting all possible doors despite not being able to see anywhere in my ship because the solar flares from the nearby star damaged my visual systems while my crew try to put out the fires in my command center and engines rooms so my FTL drive can charge to get us the heck out of there.

Having way too much fun keeping up with the little random story elements and crew names on my ship the S.S. Motley Hotdog as we venture through space fighting alien spiders on a civilian craft with the bioweapon we happened upon after defeating a bounty hunter drifting in a nebula. Bringing the lone survivor of an attacked space station into my crew to help manage the engines room. Picking fights with rebel ships that are on a course for civilian outposts in the far reaches of space.

What I'm trying to say is, brandonh83, buy this game.

Also, that music is so good.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a fan of the overlay browser. I need my GAF homepage <:T
ec888e60c955fbd087b6ca826b04e79fd396cad0.jpg

Just replace "google" with "neogaf" and you're set.

Koroviev

Was going to drop in and say I'm having way more fun with FTL than I thought I would. I'm just playing on easy at the moment, as I'm very new to this type of game. However, the random nature of things is actually really enjoyable. Sometimes things go really well, and other times I'm left scrambling trying to put out random fires in my ship after fighting off a pirate by venting all possible doors despite not being able to see anywhere in my ship because the solar flares from the nearby star damaged my visual systems while my crew try to put out the fires in my command center and engines rooms so my FTL drive can charge to get us the heck out of there.

What I'm trying to say is, brandonh83, buy this game.

Also, that music is so good.

I played for a bit earlier and the combat aspect of it kind of confused me. I got by alright, but it didn't feel very satisfying. Resources also seemed really scarce despite the fact that I was playing on easy.

For people who are enjoying FTL, I would suggest trying Space Pirates and Zombies. It sort of feels like a real-time version of FTL.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It'd be nice if the browser saved cookies and such on a per-instance basis (i.e. everything you do while in-game is saved but cleared upon exit). It's annoying having to log back into GAF after accidentally closing the browser window.

Edit: Also, the overlay should a taskbar of sorts so you can minimise windows.

Koroviev

It'd be nice if the browser saved cookies and such on a per-instance basis (i.e. everything you do while in-game is saved but cleared upon exit). It's annoying having to log back into GAF after accidentally closing the browser window.

I was just about to ask about this...deal-breaker right there, lol.

I played for a bit earlier and the combat aspect of it kind of confused me. I got by alright, but it didn't feel very satisfying. Resources also seemed really scarce despite the fact that I was playing on easy.
I watched the quick look on giant bomb again before I committed to purchasing it the other day, so the flow of combat was fresher on my mind going into it. It's not the most dynamic or kinetic system, but the little pauses in action are really helpful to let me know how to best spend my energy on that "turn." It sort of feels like turn based combat, at times.

Once you start getting more upgrades, weapons, crew, and progress further things really start to pick up. Give it a little time.

edit:
I don't think I'll ever play on normal on that game. I don't see the appeal of more difficulty currently.
I believe some of the upgrades/achievements/something carries over between difficulties, so you can reach a point where playing on normal will be a more balanced experience. Well, in theory, haha.

Koroviev

I watched the quick look on giant bomb again before I committed to purchasing it the other day, so the flow of combat was fresher on my mind going into it. It's not the most dynamic or kinetic system, but the little pauses in action are really helpful to let me know how to best spend my energy on that "turn." It sort of feels like turn based combat, at times.

Once you start getting more upgrades, weapons, crew, and progress further things really start to pick up. Give it a little time.

I liked having my little drone, but then I didn't realize I needed to stock up on his parts to keep him going :'(

Oh, and I have keys for Binding of Isaac and Brink. Quote and state which one you'd like. Free games, guys!

Bought:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Machinarium
Elderscrolls IV Oblivion
Borderlands GOTY (gifted it to a buddy)

Received:
Natural Selection II

So far so good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bugger, I didn't notice the Brink giveaway. It's my white whale at this point ($15 for Brink Complete is too much).

JLG-

lol wow. I'm a dumbass.. I just put 3 hours into the tutorial and not the actual game which is why i couldn't save. God dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom