• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

What do you guys think of the Payday DLC? I don't wanna spend more money but it's only $2.50 D:

A bit late, but it's definitely worth it for $2.50. It adds a new skill tree (making a bunch of new stuff available to level into), raises the level cap, and lets you host games on the two new maps. Definitely pick it up, especially if you like the game.

Prophane33

Odd question: Silent Hunter III, 4, both, none? They are only 35% off, but the price isn't terrible. Note: I'm running Windows 7 x64 so that may have to impact my choice. I really enjoy Dangerous Waters, and I have SH5 but couldn't really get into it. I heard the older ones are better.

Quoted for the first and final time for new page. I think I'm just leaning towards grabbing 4 near the end of the sale.

Echoplx

So binding of Isaac doesn't have cloud save.

So when I reformatted last year, I lost all my save data permanently?

Does for me
8DuMy.png

Opinions on Sim city 4 please

Very good if you can run it. You may have to dick around a bit depending on your PC and hardware.

Also no DRM monster...

are the other two not good?

They are decent, but blood money is in my opinion by far the best and it is one of those series where there is no real draw for story or anything like that. So you might as well be playing the best one all the time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Quoted for the first and final time for new page. I think I'm just leaning towards grabbing 4 near the end of the sale.
Do you have experience with these kind of games? I got 4 a long time ago and haven't really gotten into it because it's pretty confusing to me and I don't have much patience to read/learn how to do it right. I'd especially be weary if you don't like using the keyboard a lot for a hundred different things.

I should probably watch a let's play to get some clue of how it should be done.

SilentSilas

Neo Member
Hm, Resonance is a flash sale for $2.50. That and Primordia are the only two WadgetEye Games I haven't played and beaten...

Eh, but these $2.50 games really add up.

Damn, Unmechanical is a good game. Picked it up on a whim for $2.49 when it was a Flash deal and I'm really glad I did. It's a physics based puzzler with some clever tricks and difficult (but, so far, entirely fair) puzzles. I'd highly recommend it if you're into relaxing, atmospheric games (doesn't look to be any combat and I haven't found a way to die yet).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I didn't buy anything on the 20th.

Since the day 21st until yesterday, I bought something every single day of this sale (not specifically from Steam, but everything registered on Steam).

Today is the first day I didn't buy anything since I started buying.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Stage On

I wish Gamersgate would refund me for the Bethesda bundle already like I asked them about days ago.

Then I wouldn't be so worried about over spending.

Doomrider

The Legacy of Kain Collection is so not getting a bigger discount, that I went ahead and got Spec Ops on GMG. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Isaccard

I need help GAF. I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger now on The Secret World. Tomorrow is the last day for the Initiate Pack, and free DLC ($5 after the 31st). It's $22.49 right now, and after Gods and Kings goes on sale tomorrow, I'll be just about done with this sale. Steam has been putting up nothing but repeats of games everyone should own by now, and being beaten out with far better deals from competitors like Amazon, and Green Man Gaming. Even GamersGate
-gate, because they made YOU money if you were lucky enough to get keys and sell them :lol

I don't think I want to stick around for another week of weak repeat "deals."

Doomrider

Doesn't matter the first time through if you aren't a bad person.

And it stops mattering altogether once you become addicted to the gameplay and use the Steam overlay to browse stuff while the game loads.

Now, it's not an ideal solution, nor does it excuse the loading issue, but it works!

Retne

The Legacy of Kain Collection is so not getting a bigger discount, that I went ahead and got Spec Ops on GMG. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Don't say that man. You gotta believe!

I'm also really tempted by that Spec Ops GMG sale but since the GB GOTY podcasts spoiled the ending I figured I would wait a year for the memories to fade. I'll pick it up and play through it once I've forgotten enough.

Koroviev

And it stops mattering altogether once you become addicted to the gameplay and use the Steam overlay to browse stuff while the game loads.

Now, it's not an ideal solution, nor does it excuse the loading issue, but it works!

I just alt+tab to Chrome to check forums. Currently have Spec Ops running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom