• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

I don't mean the game. The actual port is poorly made (like Resident Evil 4 PS2-PC port).

Seems like Onimusha is the same. :(

Yeah, that's why I was :('ing. I was about to purchase it. :\ Wish they would do right by these ports.
Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue.
This has never happened before. :\ Damnit.

[edit]Used another card and it worked.

Derrick01

Banned
fallout 3 or new vegas? haven't played any fallouts, only got time for one.

New Vegas! It's probably the best rpg released this generation. So many choices in the gameplay and dialog, really good and fleshed out RPG mechanics and the best writing you'll see in a game anymore.

solarus

Caved in and bought dark souls... from amazon us lol and with that this steam sale is over for me. I can't remember buying anything from steam itself.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Now this is the story all about how
Brink's life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how it became the prince of trash with no compare.

In Splash Damage, Ltd born and raised
On constant development where it spent most of its days
marketing, debugging, QCing all cool
And all the while hyping it outside of the school
When a couple of journalists found out its no good
Started making trouble in the GAFfer's hood
It got a lot of bad previews and Bethesda got scared
And said "Oh wow, you became a prince of trash with no compare."

EDIT: Why am I not working!?
Fuck yeah, this is awesome! (the poem, not what you said about the game)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
did any one play Anna? Its 2.5 on gmg supposed to be like horror Adventurer Game like Dear Ester?

Absolutely awful game, boring with lame attempts at jump scares and nonsensical endings. Best to avoid altogether, you could really get everything possible out of it by watching someone LP it on youtube.

Mrbob

I can't believe how hooked I am on Tropico 4. If there any game I think deserves a repeat sale it is this one. So much fun and content rich. It'll probably take me 50 hours to finish the main campaign, and this doesn't include messing around in Sandbox mode or the Modern Times expansion. I almost feel bad buying the main game for $5.99 and the expansion for $3.99.

I think it's my readjusted 2011 GOTY in 2012.

Slightly off topic but do I need to play the previous Tomb Raiders to completion before starting Underworld? I've done a lot of Anniversary, never played Legend.

Yup, bought Gods&Kings expansion for Civ5. Mainly because it was so cheap. Currently got this and Spec Ops from GMG. DMC4 worth it at €2,50? I'm not sure, I have it on ps3, never played it much.

I can't believe how hooked I am on Tropico 4. If there any game I think deserves a repeat sale it is this one. So much fun and content rich. It'll probably take me 50 hours to finish the main campaign, and this doesn't include messing around in Sandbox mode or the Modern Times expansion. I almost feel bad buying the main game for $5.99 and the expansion for $3.99.

I think it's my readjusted 2011 GOTY in 2012.

damn i missed out the deal wasn't like 80% off? Dhit

Derrick01

Banned
fallout 3. This isnt even much of a discussion. it's a far superior game.

False. We've had this debate in many threads before and the people saying Fallout 3 always fall back to the "well the world was more interesting to explore" thing when the New Vegas fans start listing massive bullet points on everything NV did better.

It's an objectively better RPG and better written game. Whether a ruined city and rolling hills are more "fun" to explore than a desert is obviously up to personal choice. I personally find that a well written game with relatively deep mechanics keeps a game fun a lot more than an environment does. Especially when we're talking about 100 hour games.

Omega

Banned
the farthest I got in New Vegas was just entering the strip.

while I liked Fallout 3, it was nowhere near as good as the 6-7 hours i put into New Vegas before a game breaking glitch made me stop playing.

Koroviev

Yup, bought Gods&Kings expansion for Civ5. Mainly because it was so cheap. Currently got this and Spec Ops from GMG. DMC4 worth it at €2,50? I'm not sure, I have it on ps3, never played it much.

Have you started Spec Ops yet? I think I might finish it today...if I don't get stuck. It can be surprisingly difficult for a game with regenerating health, although I do appreciate the fact that enemies will actually attempt to flank you and use other strategies.

And the soundtrack is awesome.

Koroviev

Didn't think ME2 would be the only game I pick up this whole sale. Wtf happened to Steam.

I think the sale has been decent, but I have more games than I could ever possibly play. I'm being ever so slightly more restrained this time or around (or, you know, I already have it).

My goal is to have a game going whenever I'm just browsing GAF or other random sites. Maybe I'll actually make some progress is 2013!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
pst is my favorite game so nv is probably the better pick for me.

New Vegas is the better pick for everyone. The one thing that FO3 has on NV is the better designed overworld (aside from the clusterfuck subway stuff), but everything else is in NV's column. I actually keep a list of everyone who suggests that FO3 is better. You don't want to be on that list.

Koroviev

For anyone who has it, does Chivalry play better with a controller? I went through the tutorial with kb + m yesterday, but I was having a difficult time maintaining my orientation.

False. We've had this debate in many threads before and the people saying Fallout 3 always fall back to the "well the world was more interesting to explore" thing when the New Vegas fans start listing massive bullet points on everything NV did better.

It's an objectively better RPG and better written game. Whether a ruined city and rolling hills are more "fun" to explore than a desert is obviously up to personal choice. I personally find that a well written game with relatively deep mechanics keeps a game fun a lot more than an environment does. Especially when we're talking about 100 hour games.
Those people are right. And for something you'll put 100 hours in easily, the word should be more interesting to explore. FO3 has the best atmosphere of any game ever. NV shitting on that almost makes it not worth it.

Scratch that, maybe you should play NV first. It'll make one appreciate both games more after experiencing FO3s greatness.

PBalfredo

Wondering if I should pull the trigger with Assassin's Creed III. I picked up ACII and Brotherhood, so I plan to play those before I get to ACIII. But is this the best deal I'm going to get for the PC version in the near future? PC downloads of new games ususally don't drop price unless they are part of a sale like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom