• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam question :

anyway to keep categories between steam clients? I use my desktop and laptop for steam....every time i set my categories on one and sign on to another, they're all cleared (1 big list).

Anyway to make that not happen?

ElyrionX

Got Gods and Kings from GMG. What a deal. I'm still sore that I missed out on the XCOM deal, damnit, as I've been eyeing that game for a while now. Looks like it's most probable I would have to wait till the Summer sales to get a similar deal.

TUSR

Banned
Steam question :

anyway to keep categories between steam clients? I use my desktop and laptop for steam....every time i set my categories on one and sign on to another, they're all cleared (1 big list).

Seems like something you would find under preferences. It keeps mine the same between my bootcamp partition and OSX.

kami_sama

Steam question :

I did that and the categories were shared between the 2 computers :-?

Sanic

Steam question :

They're supposed to stay synced, but much of the time they don't. Mine, thankfully, have been ok for a few months now. I can't recall if there's some kind of fix or not, hopefully somebody else can chime in.

Steam question :

Shut down the Steam client (Steam > Exit) every time you finish using it?

statham

Got Gods and Kings from GMG. What a deal. I'm still sore that I missed out on the XCOM deal, damnit, as I've been eyeing that game for a while now. Looks like it's most probable I would have to wait till the Summer sales to get a similar deal.
crazy good deal.

Still have Civ 5 GOTY up for grabs if you're interested in buying it cheap to go with that amazing Gods and Kings deal.
Feel free to PM me or add me on Steam.

M.D

Still have Civ 5 GOTY up for grabs if you're interested in buying it cheap to go with that amazing Gods and Kings deal.
Feel free to PM me or add me on Steam.

Bought Civ 5 GOTY from this fellow gaffer, not only did I get the game right away, but he is also a nice fella ;p

Kinda want Trine 2 and the DLC, but I have that false sense of hope that somewhere further in the sale I will have better stuff to buy. Oh well, I still have 6+ hours to decide.

DagsJT

Hmm, some muppet has tried to hack my Uplay account.

It looks like you recently made changes to your Uplay account. For your protection, this notification has been sent to the email address associated with your Uplay account.
Our records indicate that you changed the following information:

Email address

If this was you, you can ignore the rest of this message.

If you didn’t change these fields, someone may be accessing your account without your permission.
We strongly recommend that you change your account password on ubisoft.com or through any Uplay enabled game.
If you no longer have access to your account, contact Ubisoft customer support to confirm your identity and reset your account.

Thanks,
The Ubisoft team

artem.vuhrer@yahoo.ru eh?

Obviously I can't login to the account to change it either. What am I supposed to do here? Will Ubi do anything? I don't want this Artem buying anything.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If I really appreciated Trine but never felt like finishing it, is Trine 2 just more of the same?

Tizoc

Quick GAF, how is Hitman: Blood Money? There's only 15 mins left til it's discount expires. I have the first 3 Hitman games but am lacking this one.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Quick GAF, how is Hitman: Blood Money? There's only 15 mins left til it's discount expires. I have the first 3 Hitman games but am lacking this one.

GET IT!

Best Hitman game yet.

Do yourself a favor and buy it, then install and play it immediately.

Hmm, some muppet has tried to hack my Uplay account.

artem.vuhrer@yahoo.ru eh?

Obviously I can't login to the account to change it either. What am I supposed to do here? Will Ubi do anything? I don't want this Artem buying anything.

Well uh..

If you no longer have access to your account, contact Ubisoft customer support to confirm your identity and reset your account.

Thanks,
The Ubisoft team

I always assumed it was Warhawk until curiosity made me click it.

I think there was a thread about that Turok game and I was one of the few that said that I thought it looked good while it was getting trashed by the rest of GAF so one of the mods who I believe worked on the game used my tag to link to the site.

I think. I think.

Mordeccai

One of the best games I played as a youngin, think I was fourteen when it came out and goddamn that was one of my favorite games from that period of my life. Varied missions, good freedom, in my eyes high replayability, spring for it!

1-D_FTW

Finally loaded up and played a game of Waves. You could do a lot worse in this sale than spending 2.49 on this game. Now I see why people say it's better than Geometry Wars.

That's exactly my take on it.

I like what they're doing, I can't really fault them for anything major... and yet, I'll never finish either game.

It should be noted that they did change some things with Trine 2. They definitely have a different feel to them. Although, fundamentally, if you don't like the game at its core, you still won't like 2 either.

Voting Quake I think. I have no desire to give COD any more money after that travesty Black Ops 2 and I've never really played the Quake games.

Not that there is any way in hell COD won't win.

Omega

Banned
idk why but i just bought Hitman collection.

oh, and why are there two San Andreas on my games list? One is from rockstar and the other one is gametree or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Voted for Quake, hopefully to prove a point to a mate who bought the Quake Collection just a couple of days ago. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom