• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... I just played my first FTL game ever. Played on easy and got to sector 8 without losing a single team member. However, I think normal has something completely different in store for me...

Tomodachi

Far Cry franchise pack is quite a poor deal.
I think it's still bugged, FC3 is 0% off even if the price is indeed reduced. The three separate games are cheaper than the pack, it doesn't make sense (although something like this happens once in a while on Steam).

Miker

I just bought Civ V Gods and Kings from GMG for $3.15 despite never having touched the original. Is any of the DLC for vanilla Civ V (civs, map packs, etc.) necessary for a casual player? If it's good, I guess I might pick up the upgrade if a 75% deal rolls around.

Proc

Ugh. paying more than $15 for a game on Steam seems so wrong.

I really want FC3 though...

Give in to the hype! I know I'm taking the plunge. Too acclaimed and too fresh to not play this game at that price right now. I had it pre-ordered for the physical copy but knew that the steam sale was right around the corner. I'm glad I waited.

Wok

I have taken some time to list all the games I have finished in 2012, and I am impressed. 2012 is a difficult year for my backlog.

ArwlC.png

chixdiggit

I just bought Civ V Gods and Kings from GMG for $3.15 despite never having touched the original. Is any of the DLC for vanilla Civ V (civs, map packs, etc.) necessary for a casual player? If it's good, I guess I might pick up the upgrade if a 75% deal rolls around.

You have enough there to keep you busy for 100s of hours.

SJRB

Gold Member
Why is TSW in such high demand all of a sudden, am I missing something?

Edit - also, someone over at Valve chruched some wrong numbers with that Far Cry pack, the individual games combined are 10 bucks cheaper than the bundle.

Koroviev

If you play that part stealthy, you won't even need to fight. Just drop down at the left, next to where Adams is standing, and follow him.

Huh, I didn't even consider that as an option. Oh well, finally made it past that part. It took
TWO sticky grenades to eliminate the heavy.

Wanted to give a shoutout to user syao, who gifted me Borderlands. This is a game I've been wanting to play since, well, it came out, so I'm very excited. Thanks again dude!

Doomrider

Is Farcry 2 just a FPS?

What is that supposed to mean? Well, it's not just a FPS because it doesn't just have the usual corridor+setpiece campaign of many other shooters; you have an open world, where you can drive vehicles, you have story missions, side-missions, malaria, weapon degradation, malaria, and other stuff.

On the other hand, it is just a FPS in the sense that you shoot things in 1st person perspective.

It's also a hard game to get into. I can't really explain this, but for me, the game had to click, which is something that didn't happen the first time I played it. It happened later on, though, and I really liked it.

Isaccard

Is there any way to download the TSW client before purchasing?

No.

I've been waiting and waiting for a deal for the TSW. Could've got it for $17 and change off amazon but waited for a steam sale. Now I don't know what I wants to do

Buy it now or you'll be sorry.

Good question.

See above.

Today is the last day to buy the game and get all DLC expansions for free + bonus items. Again, it takes some time to download, install and patch.

baconcow

Edit - also, someone over at Valve chruched some wrong numbers with that Far Cry pack, the individual games combined are 10 bucks cheaper than the bundle.

I'm wondering also. 73 meta... not sure I see the mass want displayed on the GAF.

Wolfie5

I have taken some time to list all the games I have finished in 2012, and I am impressed. 2012 is a difficult year for my backlog.

ArwlC.png

Did you know that you can categorize your games into different folders in steam?
I have a category for finished games

Just got Civ V: G&K for $3.15 on Green Man Gaming thanks to this thread. =)

Oh yeah and I like V better than IV. IV was great during its time but V shines the light on the stack of death and how stupid it is. I'm also not being rushed by chariots on turn 20 either. Really don't think I could go back to IV.

I have yet to play both, which one should I play first?

kami_sama

Is it log-in or account creation? Because you can regsiter the key before having the client fully downloaded and updated.
There's 3 items in the item store that are free, but I don't know if these can be purchased outside of the game or you need to do it in-game.

So i bought Secret World and when I got to install it says 40GB needed. Please tell me this is a mistake? That is about 25 dollars worth of bandwith in Canada.

kami_sama

So i bought Secret World and when I got to install it says 40GB needed. Please tell me this is a mistake? That is about 25 dollars worth of bandwith in Canada.
That is the space needed, but either way, I'm downloading it right now and it says it's a 15 GB download.

I recall the impressions on the Bombcast also being tepid at best. Put me in the "people care about this game?" club.
I was in the beta and LOVED the atmosphere, the story and the quests. But with subscription I couldn't play it. So this is great for me!

baconcow

Who is tour ip that charges bandwidth. Both Eastlink and Bell in NS have unlimited options. Bell Fibre Ops is only unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom