• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneuro

For anyone who has it, does Chivalry play better with a controller? I went through the tutorial with kb + m yesterday, but I was having a difficult time maintaining my orientation.

I play with both Controller and KB+M. Technically the KB+M is slightly more accurate but it's a sword not a bullet. The controller works surprisingly well.

Wondering if I should pull the trigger with Assassin's Creed III. I picked up ACII and Brotherhood, so I plan to play those before I get to ACIII. But is this the best deal I'm going to get for the PC version in the near future? PC downloads of new games ususally don't drop price unless they are part of a sale like this.

It'll be cheaper during the Summer sale. I'd get Revelations instead. It's not as bad as people claim it to be, and wraps up the ACII Trilogy nicely. Those will definitely last you until the Summer Sale.

Berto

Slightly off topic but do I need to play the previous Tomb Raiders to completion before starting Underworld? I've done a lot of Anniversary, never played Legend.
Underworld is a direct sequel to Legend so it's probably best to play it. It's only about 5 hours so no big deal =)

Edit: Oh and it references Anniversary, but only because of Natla, if you know who she is you don't need to play it, although the game itself is great.

Koroviev

Currently playing Spec Ops and I'm stuck on the part where
you need to save Gould. The heavy always gets me. I attached a sticky grenade to him and that somehow didn't do the trick >:T

Just got Civ V: G&K for $3.15 on Green Man Gaming thanks to this thread. =)

Oh yeah and I like V better than IV. IV was great during its time but V shines the light on the stack of death and how stupid it is. I'm also not being rushed by chariots on turn 20 either. Really don't think I could go back to IV.

bonesquad

I couldn't find the steam gifts thread so instead I put together this treasure hunt. To find the codes, you'll need to decipher a series of clues, each more fiendish than the last. To begin go here, click on the ad at the top, and then find the 4th word of the 2nd paragraph. Next go to this site and enter in that word. You will get a number. Multiply that number by the number of crows in a murder (hint: check yahoo answers). This number will be the link you want to click on this site. Once there you will need to answer a few questions about your sexual preferences (anonymously, of course) and login with your Facebook account. After which you will get an email containing the last piece of the puzzle. The final step is coming back here and simply quoting this post to reveal the codes.

Here's what you can win:
cave story+
binding of isaac
crayon physics deluxe
Borderlands 2 ---- Claimed!
sword & sworcery

Proc

Grabbed Resonance last time just in the nick of time.

Also pulled the trigger on Just Cause 2 and Rebellion. Two meaty games to hold me over until the next sale. Rebellion could go either way but it definitely seems like a game that deserves my $13.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Those people are right. And for something you'll put 100 hours in easily, the word should be more interesting to explore. FO3 has the best atmosphere of any game ever. NV shitting on that almost makes it not worth it.

Scratch that, maybe you should play NV first. It'll make one appreciate both games more after experiencing FO3s greatness.

I played NV first. FO3 doesn't hold a candle. The story telling is so much better in NV.

Zozobra

Civ 5 hasn't been a daily yet, has it? Pretty sure I saw it as a Flash, but I wasn't really looking out for it until this Gods and Kings deal came up.

Koroviev

Civ 5 hasn't been a daily yet, has it? Pretty sure I saw it as a Flash, but I wasn't really looking out for it until this Gods and Kings deal came up.

I would be surprised if Amazon didn't put Civ V on sale. I was able to get it for a friend for $4 with a promo code.

Soi-Fong

Just wanted to make sure here, is the current daily for GTA San Andreas the lowest it'll be? I want to get it for my GF since she loved the PS2 ver. Just hope it runs well on her macbook pro.

Proc

I couldn't find the steam gifts thread so instead I put together this treasure hunt. To find the codes, you'll need to decipher a series of clues, each more fiendish than the last. To begin go here, click on the ad at the top, and then find the 4th word of the 2nd paragraph. Next go to this site and enter in that word. You will get a number. Multiply that number by the number of crows in a murder (hint: check yahoo answers). This number will be the link you want to click on this site. Once there you will need to answer a few questions about your sexual preferences (anonymously, of course) and login with your Facebook account. After which you will get an email containing the last piece of the puzzle. The final step is coming back here and simply quoting this post to reveal the codes.

Here's what you can win:
cave story+
binding of isaac
crayon physics deluxe
Borderlands 2 ---- Claimed!
sword & sworcery

Grabbed cs+, boi, and s&s...been interested in those 3 for a while. Thank you! I may have a gift copy of gta4 later today if you are interested...just pm me your steamid.

edit: waited a few minutes for someone else to take cp but no one did and that trailer looked cool!

Am I going to be able to accept a gift and play the game when it's not avaiable in my country and somebody gifts it to me? Interested in the Quake collection when it'll be avaiable but not sure if it's going to work. I couldn't the key of a uncut version of Saints Row The Third a few days ago so I'm not sure about this.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
New Vegas is the better pick for everyone. The one thing that FO3 has on NV is the better designed overworld (aside from the clusterfuck subway stuff), but everything else is in NV's column. I actually keep a list of everyone who suggests that FO3 is better. You don't want to be on that list.

Hahah. Add me to that list.

The choice between FNV and F3 really just comes down to what you want from your post-apocalyptic RPG. Ideally you'll want to play both as they're two of the greatest games this generation. The game world, artwork, story and characters are massively superior in F3. If you want to be drawn into the modern Fallout world initially, start with F3.

Once you've lost six months of your social life to F3, jump into FNV... the hardcore mode is amazing. If the wildwest and cowboys are your thing (sigh) you'll likely appreciate the aesthetic change as well. I personally found those elements laughable but the gameplay improvements alone maintained my interest in FNV for over 60 hours.

If you could retro fit Fallout 3 with the hardcore mode of New Vegas, you'd have the perfect game.

Those people are right. And for something you'll put 100 hours in easily, the word should be more interesting to explore. FO3 has the best atmosphere of any game ever. NV shitting on that almost makes it not worth it.

Scratch that, maybe you should play NV first. It'll make one appreciate both games more after experiencing FO3s greatness.

but fallout 3's world isn't interesting to explore once you realize it's a stupid themepark that doesn't actually make sense

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Currently playing Spec Ops and I'm stuck on the part where
you need to save Gould. The heavy always gets me. I attached a sticky grenade to him and that somehow didn't do the trick >:T
If you play that part stealthy, you won't even need to fight. Just drop down at the left, next to where Adams is standing, and follow him.

The Judge

Just wanted to make sure here, is the current daily for GTA San Andreas the lowest it'll be? I want to get it for my GF since she loved the PS2 ver. Just hope it runs well on her macbook pro.

I got it this Steam Sale and also play on a MBP (2011 13"). It runs perfectly with everything on max (except AA). Super smooth too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
4AhXE.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Damn, I wasn't going to buy Far Cry 1 and 2 this time around and wait for a better deal for Far Cry 3 in the future...

but 2,50 for each? Goddamn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom