• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is tour ip that charges bandwidth. Both Eastlink and Bell in NS have unlimited options. Bell Fibre Ops is only unlimited.

Rogers in Toronto, I dont think we have Fibre yet? I don't know

Dayyum, not at the gb data but bandwith cost.

Well you pay for a certain amount of bandwith a month and then its a dollar a GB i think when you go over, since I am living at home this month we go over :(

Torraz

I've installed the downloader, I'll tell you if I can download the client.
Edit: It seems that you can download the client even if you don't have a key. You can download the downloader in the account page of TSW.

It went Buy to Play, like Guild Wars 2.

I've logged into my funcom account but can't find where the client download is :/.

chixdiggit

Far Cry franchise pack is quite a poor deal.

the fc franchise pack is a joke. you can buy the 3 games seperately for $7.50 less...... steam has dropped the ball with these sales

lmao am I seeing this right? 0-35% off the Far Cry franchise, with the Far Cry pack more than getting them separately?

Far Cry franchise pack 50€ or buy seperately for 42,50€

Weird deal

50 bucks for a bundle of games that cost $42 when bought separately? Oh yeah, such an amazing deal! Thank you very much, Mr. Economist!

Do we really need these posts every time a site posts new deals? Have you people really not learned that Steam/GMG/GOG/GG/etc makes a pricing mistake almost every damn time they post deals?

Almyn

So i bought Secret World and when I got to install it says 40GB needed. Please tell me this is a mistake? That is about 25 dollars worth of bandwith in Canada.

The initial download for me was something like 16gb, iirc. It was definitely under 20 at least. Installed the game takes up 36gb

What is that supposed to mean? Well, it's not just a FPS because it doesn't just have the usual corridor+setpiece campaign of many other shooters; you have an open world, where you can drive vehicles, you have story missions, side-missions, malaria, weapon degradation, malaria, and other stuff.

On the other hand, it is just a FPS in the sense that you shoot things in 1st person perspective.

It's also a hard game to get into. I can't really explain this, but for me, the game had to click, which is something that didn't happen the first time I played it. It happened later on, though, and I really liked it.
Yeah, thank. Didn't know if it was openworld or not.

Jedi2016

Finally, FC3.. /sigh Been waiting for this one. I'd figured they'd have it on some kind of sale, and I was kicking myself for not picking it up from Uplay at 25% off before Christmas.

Fuck it.

Bought Mark of the Ninja, DMC4 (apparently my ps3 disk is broke lol) and Dustforce.

aw yeah. Marathoning them on new years day because fuck it.

MRORANGE

urrhrhrhrhhhghghgghh!!!

I'm like only 1/4 into Far Cry 2 and I love it, not sure to pick up Far Cry 3

I wonder if I can marathon run the game and complete it in the next 47 hours :|

I was totally not expecting FC3 to be on sale

people who do have money to blow should get it:

ibkAs8TYJbcTI4.gif

ibsB604G2UGX0E.gif

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm wondering also. 73 meta... not sure I see the mass want displayed on the GAF.
I imagine that score was influenced by the monthly subscription.
I recall the impressions on the Bombcast also being tepid at best. Put me in the "people care about this game?" club.
They said it did some interesting things. No subscription is the appeal to me. $20 isn't a big investment.

Isaccard

LINK HERE.

Is there any way to download the TSW client before purchasing?

No.

I've been waiting and waiting for a deal for the TSW. Could've got it for $17 and change off amazon but waited for a steam sale. Now I don't know what I wants to do

Buy it now or you'll be sorry.

Good question.

See above.

Why is TSW in such high demand all of a sudden, am I missing something?

Today is the last day to buy the game and get all DLC expansions for free + bonus items. Again, it takes some time to download, install and patch. It's about 18GB.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
urrhrhrhrhhhghghgghh!!!

I'm like only 1/4 into Far Cry 2 and I love it, not sure to pick up Far Cry 3

I wonder if I can marathon run the game and complete it in the next 47 hours :|

I was totally not expecting FC3 to be on sale

I'd wait until the next round of sales. It'll me much cheaper.

Now do I buy FarCry 1 and 2?

Have you started Spec Ops yet? I think I might finish it today...if I don't get stuck. It can be surprisingly difficult for a game with regenerating health, although I do appreciate the fact that enemies will actually attempt to flank you and use other strategies.

And the soundtrack is awesome.

Not yet. I got it thanks to GAF hype about its story and the trauma themes it has. Right now Hotline Miami is eating up all my time. :/

spk

So i bought Secret World and when I got to install it says 40GB needed. Please tell me this is a mistake? That is about 25 dollars worth of bandwith in Canada.

No it's correct. The original download was 20gb or so and my folders sitting at 36gb right now.

chixdiggit

Far Cry 3 Deluxe version seems like mostly weapon unlocks for multiplayer. Not worth it, I imagine? Is the multiplayer even worth playing?

Atruvius

Far Cry 3 Deluxe version seems like mostly weapon unlocks. Not worth it, I imagine? Is the multiplayer even worth playing?

Played the multiplayer only once and it lagged like a motherlover. Also the map editor crashes every time I run it. Buy it for the single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom