• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of want to jump on that deal for The Witcher 2 (Never played the first one) but I've already built a large backlog that includes Super Meat Boy, Journey and Mists of Pandaria. Currently playing The Binding of Isaac, Dishonored, DOTA 2 and Halo 4...Oh Jesus. If I bought it I don't know when I'd ever get to it.

Yuripaw

Banned
I hope you guys don't mind me mentioning this here, but since this is where most of the people psyched about the steam sales are reading, I thought I'd mention that if anyone's interested, I'm selling a $50 steam wallet code for only $40. Haven't had much response in the b/s/t thread which has surprised me, so I figured maybe not the right people are seeing it.

edit: Also if someone is in a different region then the US, i could use it and gift you titles in exchange for PP if that's what you're interested in.

PlayDat

There will be a Fallout deal, sure as the rising sun.

I'm counting on this too. Would love to see FNV: Ultimate Edition drop to $10 or lower, but maybe that's asking too much. Also does anyone know if the Ultimate Edition includes Courier's Stash and Gun Runner's Arsenal?

EDIT: Searched around and apparently it does include those two.

I can see a buy button and used it earlier to get my son a copy. I'm in the UK and have no idea if this a UK/EU only thing.

Probably, since EA games in general tends to be split into EU and NA versions and region lock the crap out of them.

(Also, it's actually 78% off! Woo! 71% off the actual disc in a box, too)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
First of all, you can only buy one copy of a game on Green Man Gaming per account. Keep that in mind when buying shit for other people.

Second of all, EA only sells their stuff in the US and UK on GMG. You can buy it, as long as you're using the IPs of any of these countries (in other words, use a Proxy/VPN server).

No, you're not going to get into trouble, because Origin games are not region restricted.

cicero

Don't think it does.

It does.

EDIT:

About the Game
Welcome Back to New Vegas!

With the introduction of the Ultimate Edition, Bethesda Softworks offers you the chance to double-down and get the complete package of New Vegas fun. For the first time in one package, you can get all the Fallout: New Vegas content including the full suite of highly acclaimed add-on content: Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road. To sweeten the pot, you’ll be armed with the latest cache of unique weapons, ammo types and recipes from the most recent add-on packs: Courier’s Stash and Gun Runners Arsenal. Whether you’re a seasoned explorer of the Mojave or playing the game for the first time, you’ll find there are more friends and enemies to make, more consequences to your actions and more opportunities to live in glory or infamy throughout the Wasteland. The choices you make will be as crucial to your survival as ever.

I kind of want to jump on that deal for The Witcher 2 (Never played the first one) but I've already built a large backlog that includes Super Meat Boy, Journey and Mists of Pandaria. Currently playing The Binding of Isaac, Dishonored, DOTA 2 and Halo 4...Oh Jesus. If I bought it I don't know when I'd ever get to it.
Lowest price so far for Witcher 2. You can always wait for the Summer Sale if you pass on it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Doesn't stop the rest of us.
KuGsj.gif

Echoplx

I'm counting on this too. Would love to see FNV: Ultimate Edition drop to $10 or lower, but maybe that's asking too much. Also does anyone know if the Ultimate Edition includes Courier's Stash and Gun Runner's Arsenal?

Be better if it didn't, those packs make the start of the game way too easy, don't even have to try and get money/better weapons for ages

Sarcasm

The only thing VC did better was the music and the feel of driving around in 80s Miami, and that stuff is due to how awesome the 80s were over the 90s. As a game SA is vastly superior and has a lot more content and better mission diversity because of the added content it has. It wasn't possible to jetpack or fly planes in VC so they couldn't make it in the missions obviously.

Watching your weight is/was completely annoying among half the other things you can do in SA.

Though I loved the size of SA.

I'm considering getting the Gal Civ II pack (I have the base game on disc, but would love to play it with all the expansions), and I'm wondering if I should grab Gal Civ 1 aswell. It's not a question of "is it worth it" at a $1.25, as I'm sure it is. It's more a question of "is there any reason for me to ever play it if I own Gal Civ II?" So I guess that's my question!

JustinBB7

pretty sure MP3 multi is infested with cheaters

Ah I thought so, but I didn't wanna be like "oh that guy is really good he must be cheating", but it was kinda obvious how he 1 shotted me in a second while it took me 10 headshots to kill other people.

Shame, it's a fun game :(

ta9qi

i did the proxy way for ME3, everythings worked fine until the end it gave me that stupid error about gambling website :/
lol i will try the way i suggested here before, will confirm if it works

FTL Rage.

killing it in easy mode with the Engi. Ion blast and drones doing some work. Crush through sector 8 to the boss and i finally come out on top.....and then it manages to 'get away' so we have to fight again. He spawns 8 beam drones and i get crushed. what the hell is that? The ship and 6 crew went down in a fiery blaze of glory.

i deam this game unbeatable

/rage

I finally bought Anno 2070! Yay. :)

While awaiting instillation, I am playing Tropico 4: can someone PLEASE tell me how to get those damn blueprints?! My people need them!

Some missions use them as arbitrary locks to stop you using things you need (and generally drip-feed them to you as 'rewards' for completing 'objectives').

Other missions, they just serve as money sinks; you need a parliament building (or whatever its called) and a minister for education IIRC, and then you can just buy the blueprints from the build menu.

fallout

FTL Rage.

killing it in easy mode with the Engi. Ion blast and drones doing some work. Crush through sector 8 to the boss and i finally come out on top.....and then it manages to 'get away' so we have to fight again. He spawns 8 beam drones and i get crushed. what the hell is that? The ship and 6 crew went down in a fiery blaze of glory.

i deam this game unbeatable

/rage
Timed cloak really helps at that stage. Check this thread here.

Is the Anno 2070 expansion and DLC worth it? That is, is it worth getting the Anno complete pack for 39.99 rather than just the game for 20?

Stage On

I'm considering getting the Gal Civ II pack (I have the base game on disc, but would love to play it with all the expansions), and I'm wondering if I should grab Gal Civ 1 aswell. It's not a question of "is it worth it" at a $1.25, as I'm sure it is. It's more a question of "is there any reason for me to ever play it if I own Gal Civ II?" So I guess that's my question!

There is absolutely no reason to go back to Gal Civ 1 if you have 2.

dani_dc

Sonic gen been on sale yet?

It's been on sale for 50% since the beginning of the sale, there's been two Sonic sales (daily and flash) but the prices stayed the same and they simply added a "Sonic Franchise Pack". So it's very unlikely we'll see any further deal of the game.

GreenManGaming will supposedly have a deal on Sonig Generations soon tough.
They posted this on their blog:
"After this we’ve got greater deals on Sonic Generations, Cities in Motion and more, so check back on Monday for next weeks deals!"

mannerbot

Is that an error or are there no new flash deals for the next 5 days?

It's an error, it's probably just looking at how long the non-flash discounts on those items are running for (as in, to the end of the sale). If you go to the individual pages you'll see the correct end time for the flash sales.

Also looking for that Fallout deal...

Euphor!a

Banned
Has The Secret World been a deal yet on Steam? I know Amazon will have a deal on it in a few days but I don't think that version activates on Steam.

rybrad

I am thinking about picking up a Mount and Blade game to see what all the hype is about. Are they worth it if I would play single-player only? Which one is the best of the bunch?

No I'd say that's a rip off for the pack.

Buy one game, Assault Squad and see if you dig it.

Personally, I love the series, but I wouldn't pay that much for it.

I payed like $4.99 for AS back when Steam had good sales :p.

Thanks for your advise!, I'll be careful with this deal. Maybe waiting for some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom