• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent probably around 8 hours in it so far and never had a crash. Maybe you actually found the ultimate death in this space roguelike.

I am not one to voice when something shocks me but damn, I was on a roll.

Happened right after a jump when the new area came into view.

cicero

I am not one to voice when something shocks me but damn, I was on a roll.

Happened right after a jump when the new area came into view.

That sucks. My last death I was on a roll too, I had a full crew, two expansions to suck in more scrap than I had seen in any of my old runs, and I had pimped out my ship, "The Space Flea". But I forgot to upgrade my doors, and I had jumped into a nebula and almost ran into a Mantis ship that warned me off before the game gave me the option to fight them, which I decided on a whim to do. Worst whim ever. It had the most hardcore mantis invaders I have seen yet, and SIX of them teleported into my ship in what seemed like 10 seconds. I had a Rockman and a Mantis, but the rest were Engis and one lone human Captain. My now ever present Captain Starlington McCrunches. Who the game always promptly renames to "McCrunc". They slaughtered my entire crew, despite my fighting them in the sickbay, and then they left my stalwart Captain alone in the pilot's section as they rampaged through my entire ship, destroying each section as they went. As they were finally slaughtering my brave Captain as he futilely tried to fight them with his soft never having fought fists of softness, their own ship took the initiative and fired a full broadside into my ship, ending us all.

I just like how the game pulled no punches. Everyone was meaty Space Fodder in the bug eyes of the Mantis once they were on an enemy ship. I bet one of those who died was the mate of the bug Captain, a lovely thing who had borne him many a hatchling and who loved to chitter away at home, clacking her mandibles in that old familiar lovable way. But this is the Dark Reaches of Space, and he is a Mantis warrior, and he struck without mercy...as she chittered away onboard in appreciative approval.

Ahh. Stories from Space.

Fireblend

Banned
Long shot: I've got a Closure key (from the Humble Bundle) that I'd like to trade for English Country Tune (currently $1.24 on Steam). Would anyone be up for that? If not, I'll most likely give away the key tomorrow in this thread :p if anyone's interested add me as a friend on Steam (id: Fireblend).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW I can't believe Quake actually won against MW!

buhdeh

Orcs must die 2 is so fun. I didn't really like the first one, but as with everything, co-op makes it so good. Well worth the 3 bucks or whatever it is.

ta9qi

im thinking of ending my winter sales by buying "They Bleed Pixels", "Mark of the ninja" and "Dustforce"..should i do it or there might be a big sale of any of them "except MOTN" which is in sale right now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
im thinking of ending my winter sales by buyinh "They Bleed Pixels", "Mark of the ninja" and "Dustforce"..should i do it or there might be a big sale of any of them "except MOTN" which is in sale right now

Always wait until the final lot of deals are up before purchasing any stragglers. The sale still has a few days left yet.

That sucks. My last death I was on a roll too, I had a full crew, two expansions to suck in more scrap than I had seen in any of my old runs, and I had pimped out my ship, "The Space Flea". But I forgot to upgrade my doors, and I had jumped into a nebula and almost ran into a Mantis ship that warned me off before the game gave me the option to fight them, which I decided on a whim to do. Worst whim ever. It had the most hardcore mantis invaders I have seen yet, and SIX of them teleported into my ship in what seemed like 10 seconds. I had a Rockman and a Mantis, but the rest were Engis and one lone human Captain. My now ever present Captain Starlington McCrunches. Who the game always promptly renames to "McCrunc". They slaughtered my entire crew, despite my fighting them in the sickbay, and then they left my stalwart Captain alone in the pilot's section as they rampaged through my entire ship, destroying each section as they went. As they were finally slaughtering my brave Captain as he futilely tried to fight them with his soft never having fought fists of softness, their own ship took the initiative and fired a full broadside into my ship, ending us all.

I just like how the game pulled no punches. Everyone was meaty Space Fodder in the bug eyes of the Mantis once they were on an enemy ship. I bet one of those who died was the mate of the bug Captain, a lovely thing who had borne him many a hatchling and who loved to chitter away at home, clacking her mandibles in that old familiar lovable way. But this is the Dark Reaches of Space, and he is a Mantis warrior, and he struck without mercy...as she chittered away onboard in appreciative approval.

Ahh. Stories from Space.

This. This is why FTL is fantastic....and makes me rage at the same time

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Long shot: I've got a Closure key (from the Humble Bundle) that I'd like to trade for English Country Tune (currently $1.24 on Steam). Would anyone be up for that? If not, I'll most likely give away the key tomorrow in this thread :p if anyone's interested add me as a friend on Steam (id: Fireblend).
I wish you luck, but considering that buying the Humble Bundle right now for a dollar gives you a Closure key, it's actually 0.24 cheaper to get it from there, and it also gives you 3 other games plus the Indie Game: The Movie.

Still, hopefully you can find someone with a spare copy of ECT to help you.

Orcs must die 2 is so fun. I didn't really like the first one, but as with everything, co-op makes it so good. Well worth the 3 bucks or whatever it is.
Wanna play some co-op right now? I bought the franchise pack earlier today.

Damn I didn't know about that pure insanity GTA bundle for $12 until now and I'm short $2 in Steam credit. Ah well hopefully the Quake deals will be good.

Derrick01

Banned
It's a shame rome total war didn't win. People should be playing that in preparation for 2 next year which will likely be the best strategy game of the year.

Tizoc

Civilization sale is interesting, but I'll wait til tomorrow and see if I can get the 2K Strategy Bundle for $20 or $15 if I can discount it with a coupon.

I really shouldn't (both my wallet and backlog are going to hate me), but do you want me to buy it for you? You can then gift me a couple of games that total the same amount, that way you save those 2.64 bucks.

no, it isn't a big deal-- although I appreciate the super kind gesture. :)

Red Faction Guerrilla has been pulled from sale since the Steam Winter sale started. However I just found out you can get it from Green Man Gaming. I got it for $4.20 with the 30% off code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 (saw this over at the steam community forums).

I was just watching the Tiny & Big quick look from Giant Bomb which reminded me of RFG a ton and just made me want to play it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom