• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
is it worth buying the classic Doom pack? I have never played Doom
Were you born anytime in the last 5 years? Because if not, there's just no excuse :p

If you haven't played any of them, I'd say go for it. You may find them outdated, but they're still a blast to play.

Steam sales are only good until you realize that you will never have time to play all the games. At this point the only games you will consider are games at 75% discount or more.

I intend to play and probably beat every game I've bought so far. Only bought 13 at the moment, which I'm sure is on the lighter side for some people here, but I'm playing them all and already beat 1.

Narag

Steam sales are only good until you realize that you will never have time to play all the games. At this point the only games you will consider are games at 75% discount or more.

All for anything I'm interested in at the moment. Thankfully no cheevos this year means I'm not buying anything I don't want!

I intend to play and probably beat every game I've bought so far. Only bought 13 at the moment, which I'm sure is on the lighter side for some people here, but I'm playing them all and already beat 1.
Wait until you start doing impulse purchases. Omg, this game is 75-85% off, must get!! lol. Spiraling out of control and your backlog grows.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait until you start doing impulse purchases. Omg, this game is 75-85% off, must get!! lol. Spiraling out of control and your backlog grows.
Yup, like me with the Orcs Must Die franchise pack 5 seconds ago. I really shouldn't have bought it, as I won't get to play it for a long time, but a friend got it a couple of days ago, and I wanted to be able to play with him.

Oh well, it's going to next month's CC bill, so everything is fine.

RiverBed

Banned
I finally bought Anno 2070! Yay. :)

While awaiting instillation, I am playing Tropico 4: can someone PLEASE tell me how to get those damn blueprints?! My people need them!

kitzkozan

We all started this thing with the best of intentions.

True, but there's a saturation point somewhere down the line. :p Since I started to focus more on PC gaming after getting rid of my japanese gaming fever, I'm building up this huge backlog of PC games. I think it's the indies which tack numerous games upon a backlog, especially thanks to humble bundle which add a huge pack of games.

I've got 45 games + expansions and DLC. It's nowhere near as bad as it look, even if a couple of them are potentially hundred of hours like Morrowind, SF IV AE, Oblivion, Xcom or Civilization IV and V.

NG28

I've had vanilla CivIV for awhile now but never got around to playing it. Are Warlords and Beyond the Sword worth picking up?

Famassu

San Andreas is the best open world game of all time.
No, that would be Vice City. It's the perfect size, has some awesome humor and better music than SA. San Andreas is too bloated. It's simply too big for its own good, though it did have some great additions to the formula. But as a whole, I'd rather replay Vice City than San Andreas.

Derrick01

Banned
No, that would be Vice City. It's the perfect size, has some awesome humor and better music than SA. San Andreas is too bloated. It's simply too big for its own good, though it did have some great additions to the formula. But as a whole, I'd rather replay Vice City than San Andreas.

The only thing VC did better was the music and the feel of driving around in 80s Miami, and that stuff is due to how awesome the 80s were over the 90s. As a game SA is vastly superior and has a lot more content and better mission diversity because of the added content it has. It wasn't possible to jetpack or fly planes in VC so they couldn't make it in the missions obviously.

Hey GAF!

Question: Is Men of War Collector Pack really worth it? Can I dig it only for Single Player?

No I'd say that's a rip off for the pack.

Buy one game, Assault Squad and see if you dig it.

Personally, I love the series, but I wouldn't pay that much for it.

I payed like $4.99 for AS back when Steam had good sales :p.

I want to buy the Mass Effect bundle, but the standalone price for Mass Effect 2 is easier to swallow. Is the digital collector's edition worth paying extra for? Should I look around for a better deal on Mass Effect 1 or just bite the bullet? I'm looking forward to working through the trilogy for the first time, Mass Effect 3 included, regardless of the unfavorable reputation I've seen associated with. Thanks for the help!

Dr Dogg

...and then comes the day after you become a veteran of several sales, feeling generous and you go verify your account on SteamGifts and it tells you "Your account has been verified, with 594 games, valued at $6,566.13". And I've finished 11! I want to cry.

cicero

Newest flash sale still showing up as "OFFERS END IN 5 DAYS 18:01:19". What in the world are they thinking/doing now?

ASTROID2

...and then comes the day after you become a veteran of several sales, feeling generous and you go verify your account on SteamGifts and it tells you "Your account has been verified, with 594 games, valued at $6,566.13". And I've finished 11! I want to cry.

Holy crap that's a lot of money and games.

Bri

Fuck.

My bank has some technical issues at the moment, so I can't use PayPal (need to add a new card since my old expired) or pay via Visa card to buy Gods & Kings, thanks to the bank not able to validate my purchase. Ridiculous!

InertiaXr

What's up with Anno 2070 being over a year old and still only $20 on sale at both Steam and Amazon...has it been cheaper elsewhere this sale season or does anybody know of any cheaper sales planned for it?

Dr Dogg

Holy crap that's a lot of money and games.

Well thankfully didn't spend that much. Roughly $ to £ exchange rate is .61 so around £4,000 and I've very rarely paid full price for anything (Arkham City and Deus Ex: HR only come to mind) so say £1,500-£2,000 in total. Though does draw some interesting facts like the contents of my hard drive is worth more than my car! Was umming and ahhing over whether to get Far Cry 3 but told myself to stop being an idiot as I've still got to finish it on my PS3! I think I might try the backlog challenge next year and not buy anything and just plow through but short of coming into a large windfall or being made redundant there are not enough hours in the day.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
What's up with Anno 2070 being over a year old and still only $20 on sale at both Steam and Amazon...has it been cheaper elsewhere this sale season or does anybody know of any cheaper sales planned for it?

No idea if it will be or has been on sale this low again, but I picked it up from GetGamesGo when they ran a two for €12 deal on Ubi games a few weeks back.

baconcow

Yup. I really like Men of War Vietnam, but I'm a fan of Janky Eastern European PC games. I'm more interested in Condemned Heroes than Assault Squad. I figured they were all poorly rated since they were 1C games.

Men of War, Red Tide, and Assault Squad were rated well. The others not. I lack Assault Squad.

I want to buy the Mass Effect bundle, but the standalone price for Mass Effect 2 is easier to swallow. Is the digital collector's edition worth paying extra for? Should I look around for a better deal on Mass Effect 1 or just bite the bullet? I'm looking forward to working through the trilogy for the first time, Mass Effect 3 included, regardless of the unfavorable reputation I've seen associated with. Thanks for the help!

Steam price is best for ME1 as far as i can see and the DCE version of ME2 really isn't worth it.

ME3 is on GMG for 78% off atm and you can use the 30% off code on top of it and the only bad thing about ME3 is the ending, the rest is top class.

Steam price is best for ME1 as far as i can see and the DCE version of ME2 really isn't worth it.

ME3 is on GMG for 78% off atm and you can use the 30% off code on top of it and the only bad thing about ME3 is the ending, the rest is top class.

Thanks. I'll save $5 and just buy Mass Effect 1 and 2 individually on Steam. The money I save can go straight to Mass Effect 3. Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom