• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hope you guys don't mind me mentioning this here, but since this is where most of the people psyched about the steam sales are reading, I thought I'd mention that if anyone's interested, I'm selling a $50 steam wallet code for only $40. Haven't had much response in the b/s/t thread which has surprised me, so I figured maybe not the right people are seeing it.

edit: Also if someone is in a different region then the US, i could use it and gift you titles in exchange for PP if that's what you're interested in.

I'm interested. May I ask why you are getting rid of it though?

eemijun

Neo Member
Free code for Deus Ex and The Missing Link DLC. Have had these since the Square Enix Bundle awhile back on Amazon. Quote to see.

Deus Ex

Missing Link

Eusis

I'll just save my money, then. GFWL corrupted and/or refused to load my save files for Batman Arkham Asylum. I don't trust GFWL not to do the same again for another game.
Haha, I came in expecting this to be about Fallout 3, where it's not only doable but practically encouraged to get to the good mods.

But, yeah. There is the SaveBackup tool, that may be what you need. And I got lucky in that my biggest save-related GFWL issue got fixed just by moving from the folder my old windows installation made to the new folder made under the current one (my biggest issue period is how completely insane and unreliable it is about logging in).

baconcow

I am thinking about picking up a Mount and Blade game to see what all the hype is about. Are they worth it if I would play single-player only? Which one is the best of the bunch?

Single player: Warband [this is an excellent game single player. This is the definitive M&B and also has excellent multiplayee]
Multiplayer only: Napoleon DLC. [This DLC has no singleplayer.]

Avoid the Fire one.

elfinke

I want to grab the Sniper Elite franchise pack for a friend and I see that Steamprices tells me it was ~$13 a little while ago, whereas it is currently ~$27.

V2 on its own is $11 at getgamesgo, which is really the game I'm interested in grabbing. Has it been on sale this sale and thus worth waiting until the final day, or am I simply better off grabbing it for $11 and being done with it?

And Far Cry 3 is busting my balls at $50 >:|

elfinke

I want to grab the Sniper Elite franchise pack for a friend and I see that Steamprices tells me it was ~$13 a little while ago, whereas it is currently ~$27.

V2 on its own is $11 at getgamesgo, which is really the game I'm interested in grabbing. Has it been on sale this sale and thus worth waiting until the final day, or am I simply better off grabbing it for $11 and being done with it?

And Far Cry 3 is busting my balls at $50 >:|

Goddamn last post. Think I'm just gonna grab the $11 Sniper Elite V2 and be done with it. I'm still feeling pretty merry so I feel a Far Cry purchase coming on as well - at $40 it'd be a done deal, but man, a pineapple is just too far to impulse :)

Derrick01

Banned
Watching your weight is/was completely annoying among half the other things you can do in SA.

Though I loved the size of SA.

Eh it was rarely ever a problem for me. Much like malaria in FC2 the eating thing in SA is really overblown. I went to the gym and grinded my muscle strength way up and I rarely ever had to eat. Once every 5 hours or so I would drive to a fast food place and eat a couple of salads (to avoid fat) and I'd be set for hours in the game. Takes about 20 seconds to do the whole process.

Dingotech

Eh it was rarely ever a problem for me. Much like malaria in FC2 the eating thing in SA is really overblown. I went to the gym and grinded my muscle strength way up and I rarely ever had to eat. Once every 5 hours or so I would drive to a fast food place and eat a couple of salads (to avoid fat) and I'd be set for hours in the game. Takes about 20 seconds to do the whole process.

It was a better mechanic then getting phone calls on your mobile every 5 minutes bitching about how you never take your friends/women bowling...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Awesome, fantastic, excellent game that somehow managed to evade me this last few years. Can't wait to pick up AC GOTY next time it gets down to $5 on GMG (or if I get too impatient, I may cave in at $7.50). I have 9 Riddle Challenges left to unlock, and all of the challenge maps; I may go back to it someday, the game is really good.

What should I play next? I'm between going back to The Witcher (left it on chapter 2 when I started AA), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (love it, but I haven't played it in years so it'll feel kinda new I hope), Deus Ex (I'll start with the oldest and play the 3 in order), Binary Domain, Alpha Protocol or Serious Sam: The Second Encounter Classic. Or should I play another game not on my list?

MachoSuave

Neo Member
GetGames has been offering FC3 for only a dollar more than that since launch, get it together, Gabe.

Amazon's matching Steam US's price too if any Ausdudes are interested. Think I'll be waiting for the next sale for this one though.

Derrick01

Banned
It was a better mechanic then getting phone calls on your mobile every 5 minutes bitching about how you never take your friends/women bowling...

Yeah I liked the RPG-lite progression of it all. How you'd get better at driving the more you drove and sprint longer the more you sprinted. It wasn't as fleshed out as it could have been but they had the right idea. Instead they've scrapped it permanently :\

Omega

Banned
should I get Orcs Must Die or wait until Dungeon Defenders eventually goes back on sale?

tower defense games have always interested me but i've never actually played one

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I shouldn't post

But I just wanted to let you guys know

That Wario banned me from his stream

I am now alone

Forever

All right screw it. Bit on AP, Mark of the Ninja and Age of Wonders Shadow Magic.

Wish list almost empty.

Still waiting on Fallen Enchantress but figured AoW can fill the void if FE doesn't hit 50% off til the summer sale.

ta9qi

dammit i tried everything,using proxy to buy ME3 from my GMG membership and my device and my bank card and also by my friend which is in different device with different bank card "he bought from them today morning", never worked :(
seems a problem with the proxy thing ?
anybody willing to help ?
edit: also why im getting Duke Nukem Forever when i search for ME3 in us store of GMG @@

OMFG RAGE HARD, not really but FTL just crashed after about a 2 hour play session from a new game, and didn't save anything at all.

I was doing awesome in the fifth sector too :(.....that sucks.

Must save and exit often apparently.

cicero

OMFG RAGE HARD, not really but FTL just crashed after about a 2 hour play session from a new game, and didn't save anything at all.

I was doing awesome in the fifth sector too :(.....that sucks.

Must save and exit often apparently.

I have spent probably around 8 hours in it so far and never had a crash. Maybe you actually found the ultimate death in this space roguelike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom