• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just completed Sleeping Dogs and I gotta say...I'm glad Square Enix was able to awaken this game from eternal sleep, this is the most fun I've had with a GTA style game this gen

I've been on the fence with Mark of the Ninja. How long of a game is it?

I just completed Sleeping Dogs and I gotta say...I'm glad Square Enix was able to awaken this game from eternal sleep, this is the most fun I've had with a GTA style game this gen

I can't wait to finish my playthrough!

dani_dc

so if I have Civ 5 GOTY+Gods&Kings, the only dlc I'm missing is Korea and Ancient wonders, correct?

That's correct, there's even a combo pack with both together to save you a few cents.

As a European (Don't know of any European country with bandwith cap), this bandwidth cap really sounds awful. If that shit hits the market here - blood will be spilled.

I remember some 10 years ago envying Americans for their lack of caps (or at least much higher than my own), how things have changed. We went foward while they went backwards.

masterkajo

3 friends and I are trying to play Civ V mutliplayer... emphasis on trying. Is this normal that it is hardly working? Random disconnects of people all 2-5 minutes and not being able to rejoin/rehost saved mutliplayer games.

Any suggestions?

Famassu

Originally didn't really see much to buy in Steam's sale after already buying a lot of shit in the GOG one. And the interesting stuff like Galactic Civilizations II I already had. But alas, the final days have given me GTA Complete & DMC3 & 4 bundle. + I caved in on the THQ Complete bundle even though I already had quite a few of those games. Maybe that helped THQ some...

Nabs

I've been on the fence with Mark of the Ninja. How long of a game is it?
It depends on how you approach the game. It took me 9.5 hrs, and I liked to complete levels as silently as possible. The game is a lot of fun and there are many ways to manage each level.

I just wish Primordia would show up so I can stop being disappointed every time there's new daily or flash sales. I blame everyone that didn't vote for it.

Snagged that last DLC (Korea/Ancient Wonders) for Civ V.

/ocd fulfilled

Skyrim for PC (since I already have it on Xbox), I'm holding out for the eventual GOTY/Complete version and a sale on that. Which should happen by this time next year. Should also have a PC that can run it well by then as well for those glorious high-res mods.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Doom 3 and Classic Doom packs. Downloaded mod pack for Doom 3 (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4385520&postcount=160) which made it looks absolutely stunning. Completed the first level and played some of the second one and I gotta say that the game is actually pretty fun. Much better than some people say it is, though I am using Classic Doom walking speed so it pretty easy to circle strafe the fireball throwers.

Are there any need-to-have mods I should get for older Dooms or are they pretty much perfect as they are?

Thanks for the heads-up for Doom 3. That saved me the effort of finding the Sikkmod.

If you're going to play back through Doom make sure you install Brutal Doom:

http://youtu.be/BTWP3wvAUuQ?t=1m14s

It's amazing.

is far Cry 2 a fun game? I am looking for some cheep mindless fun FPS that is not a (cod game or borderlands game)

Depends on what you are looking for. Far Cry 2 is a very unigue game, but if you are looking for a shooter that just does something different than COD and Borderlands, download Planetside 2 as someone else said.

I love Far Cry 2, for the record.

Depends on what you are looking for. Far Cry 2 is a very unigue game, but if you are looking for a shooter that just does something different than COD and Borderlands, download Planetside 2 as someone else said.

I love Far Cry 2, for the record.

so its a good game than (for $2.5 lol)? I am looking for any game just that is specifically not Borderlands or COD since i played most of them, any word On Darkness 2?

so its a good game than (for $2.5 lol)? I am looking for any game just that is specifically not Borderlands or COD since i played most of them, any word On Darkness 2?

Darkness 2 is a pretty great shooter. It's pretty short and offers little replay value but the narrative is interesting and the dark/light mechanics keep the generic FPS gameplay fresh.

is far Cry 2 a fun game? I am looking for some cheep mindless fun FPS that is not a (cod game or borderlands game)
Is 2.75 man, even if you dont end up liking it it at ñeast worth it to know the game. One of the few big name FPS that tried to do something different.

Plus its gorgeous, runs well and has an unique setting.

Prophane33

Condemned and Assault? I only want Assault since Condemned and Vietnam are poorly rated.

Yup. I really like Men of War Vietnam, but I'm a fan of Janky Eastern European PC games. I'm more interested in Condemned Heroes than Assault Squad. I figured they were all poorly rated since they were 1C games.

XPE

Farcry 2 is the ultimate example of how easy it is to ruin a game. Lots of good thing about the game that’s brought down by a couple of problems.

Prophane33

I enjoyed Doom 3, no mods at all. My first playthrough being about 1 year ago. It's no Half Life of course, but a Doom game it is.

Ditto, but I played it when it came out. I was one of the handful of people who actually loved it back then. I don't think I could play it again though.

JustinBB7

Tried out Max Payne 3 multiplayer, pretty fun! Though one guy was like level 50 and destroying everybody in 1 hit before he even saw you, was pretty annoying, besides that I enjoyed it, sucks because I wanted to uninstall it and save 30GB of space haha.

Derrick01

Banned

Well FC2 isn't really mindless. It's a tough game with lots of little realistic aspects to it like a consolized Stalker game. It's not like COD or even FC3 where you can shut your brain off and murder everything with little effort, you'll have to use some tactics.

Tried out Max Payne 3 multiplayer, pretty fun! Though one guy was like level 50 and destroying everybody in 1 hit before he even saw you, was pretty annoying, besides that I enjoyed it, sucks because I wanted to uninstall it and save 30GB of space haha.

pretty sure MP3 multi is infested with cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom