• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spierek

Planning to spend an entire $0 this time, wish me luck. I might succumb to discounted Ys Origin or some other games, but it seems highly unlikely. In the meantime, I'll be checking out my unplayed Steam games from past sales (played Auditorium today, it was nice).

How well does the Sands of Time trilogy run on PC's? Are there tweaks/mods to run them in 1080p in widescreen, and do they run better than the lazy HD collection on the PS3? I'm tempted, as I adored the SoT trilogy on the xbox, and would love to revisit it, but only if it plays well on a PC (and there's adequate controller support).

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
My friend sent me this regarding the sale:

If it's like the previous Steam sales, then yes - there are two levels of "sales".

You have the "winter sale" where something is at a normal sale price of, say, 50% off or so.

Then you have a "flash sale" or "daily deal" sale where the same game can reach an even lower price, such as 75% off.

That's why if you have a game in mind, you should keep an eye on it and wait for it to go on a flash sale or daily deal before you pick it up.

Thanks.

Time for me to ruin your christmas. No meta game, more lame ass badges, weak sales that don't match Amazon, and less daily deals in place of more short term flash stuff.

The steam sale magic is gone.

I normally don't agree with your extremely pessimistic attitude, but in this case I completely agree. Nothing has an especially interesting price cut and there's no metagame. I've seen enough of these sale at this point that I know by roughly how much the dailies are going to be based on their current discounts and probably nothing short of an error is going to beat the other sites.

I really wanted to pick up Scribblenauts, but that game is going to be little more then a toy I play with for a few hours and then put away forever. Maybe next time 5th cell.

Kabouter

I wonder what the reason is Valve stopped doing the whole meta-game thing during sales. Too many people exploiting it with dupe accounts and the like?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I wonder what the reason is Valve stopped doing the whole meta-game thing during sales. Too many people exploiting it with dupe accounts and the like?
Presumably, though they just put in Steam Trading restrictions which would have curbed that type of abuse for this sale.

baconcow

So Batman Arkham City is on 75% NOW and people KNOW they are to vote on whether or not to have it on 66% NEXT. Makes sense to me...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, it's that time again huh :D?!

I missed you guys!

Salsa

U.S Pipe.

I was thinking Seal but man you're riiiiiight

gersthead.jpg

i was going to ask if the recent (better) deals on other sites (amazon, gmg, gog, etc.) were going to force Valves hand to have lower deals as well....

....day 1 is proving that that is clearly not the case.

Batman AC GOTY was cheaper on GMG last week
Hitman was cheaper on Amazon last week as well
etc.

bummer

inky

Yep. Abusing alt accounts made for TF2 trading with humble bundle keys and the like to get a shitload of coupons and free games.

Now that I think of it, I got mostly worthless stuff out of the achievements and coal pieces, so whatever.

sangreal

i was going to ask if the recent (better) deals on other sites (amazon, gmg, gog, etc.) were going to force Valves hand to have lower deals as well....

....day 1 is proving that that is clearly not the case.

Batman AC GOTY was cheaper on GMG last week
Hitman was cheaper on Amazon last week as well
etc.

bummer

hitman is still cheaper on amazon

Paertan

Ok I am looking on ways to receive money on Paypal now for a 4-pack of Natural Selection 2 but if someone with experience can start one that would be great. We are at least two right now. So we need two more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom