• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIRic

17.50$ so far : Botanicula, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia and Condemned. I wish the Transformers games, the Riddick games and somes Star Wars games will be on Daily Deals.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What should I vote for? I think I already have Braid/Limbo (I've played both of them at least). How is the Monkey Island game?

Derrick01

Banned
Some people have too high expectations for the Steam sale now...

Is it high expectations to expect what they used to have for every major sale? They used to be the industry leader on sales too and now they've let Amazon and a tiny ass UK store like GMG blow them away.

Milamber

That was too easy...

dYbF5.png

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Honestly, I think robots just run Valve's big sales nowaday. They put actual work into the Treasure Hunt, 2011 Summer Sale, Potato ARG and last years Christmas sale.

I think they just decided the extra effort wasn't worth it.

I know soon there will be people complaining that they got their games at a too high price since they didn't wait for dailies or flash sales. So let this image help you on your quest of not buying it instantly.
pjox4m8x.jpg

dreamfall

May bite on DMC 4! Does anyone want/need a Metro 2033 key? Before Red Faction disappeared, I bought the Amazon THQ pack yesterday.

jediyoshi

Honestly, I think robots just run Valve's big sales nowaday. They put actual work into the Treasure Hunt, 2011 Summer Sale, Potato ARG and last years Christmas sale.

I think they just decided the extra effort wasn't worth it.

What are we going to do now? ]:

cicero

Some people have too high expectations for the Steam sale now...

No, we have normal expectations that haven't been met so far. The Meta games alone brought a measure of fun that isn't here now. I spent so many hours buying and playing games I never had bought or played before.

$6.79... Wow, I'm going for it I think.

Maybe we can wait..., or not?

Wait for the dailies.

You're right but I don't think that DMC4 will be a daily :(

And I assume this sale they've toned down as it's the longest one they've done, it's over 2 weeks. That, and everyone else in the DD space has picked up their game tremendously.

It only went lower once (75%) and that was a mistake that lasted around 2 hours before Capcom bumped the price up.

Even if it goes lower I doubt it will be more than 75%.

And what if the 66% it's a mistake? lol

Wortany

I wonder what the reason is Valve stopped doing the whole meta-game thing during sales. Too many people exploiting it with dupe accounts and the like?

Might be true for the winter sales with the coals, but what's to stop them from doing something like the Summer Sales of 2011 where you hunt game achievements for small DLC rewards.
You can't trade those around, so there would be no exploiting and people would still be enticed to play random games, perhaps even buying some random games.
They don't even have to promise a grand prize pool at the end. Just some small breadcrumbs to lure people.

Oh well, Yay, Woo, Wee Steam Sales! .......... :(

Vistrix

Is it high expectations to expect what they used to have for every major sale? They used to be the industry leader on sales too and now they've let Amazon and a tiny ass UK store like GMG blow them away.

The sale usually starts off bad though. This is just the first day...

Yeah, these don't look as good as even this years summer sale. I do already own everything I want in Steam so that may have something to do with it. Also Amazon.

PaulLFC

So far, kinda disappointing when compared to past winter sales, and not just because I own a lot of games now.

- No achievements for gifts/coal
- Only 6 "main" deals instead of the usual 12 per day
- No tickets, just badges
- Some prices are fairly poor
- Seems to be more games than usual that aren't on sale (could be still discounting them though, I'm not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom