• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Thanks for ruining my Christmas, Derrick. Now what am I going to spend all those sweet Ubipoints on? Exclusive wallpaper it is!! Yayayayayaya

At least you find out now before wasting points on it because every now and then something half decent actually gets put up as a reward for one of Ubi's games. I went there after seeing the unique icon on the map not knowing what it was, since at that point everything in the game was so much of the same shit so I was excited to see what it was. When I first got in there it was pretty cool but I quickly found out it was nothing but a straight path through the lab with piles of money everywhere (not a lot in total, just lots of the little piles you find in the game) and a couple of rabid dogs and a bear at the end. It was exactly as shallow and pointless as a preorder mission.

Platy

sushi-go-round.jpg

Don't really want the game but this minigame was fucking good, and was the first thing it popped up in my mind when you said "hungry".

Is that a pink platypus restaurant ? =O

Did you guys notice Critter Crunch is less than $2? Might want to grab that now.

And if you PM the Capy dude showing that you got it you get a second copy !

Def Jukie

Be aware that Vice City is missing some of the original soundtrack. It's missing about 10 songs including the Michael Jackson tracks.

That whole Divinity bundle looks tempting. But I don't have time for everything. Since I saw a mention of Drakan, I'm guessing I get to ride dragons in Divinity 2? Sold! Drakan was rough around the edges, but one of my favorite games at the time of release.

Technically no. You ARE a dragon in Divinity 2, but you do still get to fly around and burn stuff

Divinity 2 is awesome.

Voted for Vice City, since Bioshock and Half-Life have been on sale like 100 times at this point.

What kind of games are you interested in?

I pretty much play almost every genre. Aside from most FPS. (Things like Metroid Prime being the exception).
Thinking about picking up arkham asylum ,but aside from that...

mannerbot

Really? Cool, what's his username? I'd love a spare copy for my brother :D

Hey Folks,

Just like with the Autumn Sale... If you buy Critter Crunch on sale for $1.75 I'll pass you a code for a second copy just for being a GAF-pal.

Just shoot me a PM and be patient - it might take me a few hours or even a day to get you the code.

THANKS GAF.

(ps please enjoy this festive gif from Capy's "12 GIFS OF LOLTIDE")

12GIFS_Vic1.gif

Everybody buy Critter Crunch!

nexen

caved and bought that Darksiders II pack on amazon because I figure steam is going to disappoint.

It comes with 14 steam keys. What a mess.

REV 09

this sale sucks. worst prices for a sale that i have seen on Steam. Overall, it seems that Thanksgiving/Black Friday had better sales for all the sites. : /

SparkTR

How's Little Inferno. I heard it's short, but at $10 should I bite? I imagine it won't get any cheaper since it's pretty new.

Sysgen

Isn't Reincarnation a new name for the game plus expansion pack? I believe it is just called the Disciples 3 Gold Edition on Steam.

No.

... here is a user review from gamersgate

This is the version of Disciple 3 that you want. First off let me clarify a couple of things. Reincarnation is the English version of the Russian version called Rebirth. Reincarnation contains the previous campaigns Renaissance and Resurrection. The interface has been reworked and now you get a whole lot more much needed statical information. The combat arenas are now smaller and it makes the combat more strategic as there are extra combat tactics that have been implemented. The game is well worth the investment even if, like me, you have the previous games. They finally got Disciples 3 right!

Found a Steam thread on the matter:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33234528

So I can buy it but not on the store and it will register on Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
In Torchlight 2, did they fix the issue where it was just easier and cheaper to keep enchanting your weapon than finding a new weapon worth a damn?

Every weapon I'd find was worse than mine, since mine was enchanted up the ass and I can't figure out the base damage of it. In other words, this new weapon MAY be stronger, but I'll never know, because I wont ever waste all the money to enchant it and find out it wouldn't.

Also, are gems still useless?

Been a couple years since I got in on steamsales, is it normal for the daily deals to last two days?

Also seeing a lot of people not happy with the prices. I bought Batman:AC GOTY for $7, did I over pay? I thought it was a deal but due to peoples reactions I'm doubting?

this sale sucks. worst prices for a sale that i have seen on Steam. Overall, it seems that Thanksgiving/Black Friday had better sales for all the sites. : /

It's also the first day of the sale...the sale goes until January 5th. I'm sure there will be better sales during that time.

Been a couple years since I got in on steamsales, is it normal for the daily deals to last two days?

Also seeing a lot of people not happy with the prices. I bought Batman:AC GOTY for $7, did I over pay? I thought it was a deal but due to peoples reactions I'm doubting?

That's a great deal. You generally won't get better than 75% off. I think the people complaining are doing so because they already own the games that have good sales currently. There's already been plenty of good sales, and it hasn't even been going for 24 hours...

In Torchlight 2, did they fix the issue where it was just easier and cheaper to keep enchanting your weapon than finding a new weapon worth a damn?

Every weapon I'd find was worse than mine, since mine was enchanted up the ass and I can't figure out the base damage of it. In other words, this new weapon MAY be stronger, but I'll never know, because I wont ever waste all the money to enchant it and find out it wouldn't.
There's proper weapon gambling now, and they changed the enchanting so that there's a limit to how many you can apply, there's no chance to wipe the weapon, but the enchantments themselves aren't as interesting I've found.

SparkTR

The price was good, those people are just jaded because they've bought everything they wanted on previous sales. I don't know where they're coming from personally, I own over 600 games on Steam and I had a buying frenzy when this thing started.

Grizza

I'm scratching my head at all the people waiting on Torchlight II to go to $5. The game just came out a couple months ago at an incredible price of only $20. Good luck waiting into next summer/fall to see it at the $5 mark. I'll just continue to enjoy my copy that I payed full price for on launch. I understand wanting a good deal and all, but sometimes you need to step back and look at things in the proper perspective.

nexen

The price was good, those people are just jaded because they've bought everything they wanted on previous sales. I don't know where they're coming from personally, I own over 600 games on Steam and I had a buying frenzy when this thing started.

Yeah, prices are *slightly* higher and I own almost everything I want so the sale is kind of a bummer for me so far. GMG and Amazon have both had deals that appeal to me more than most anything on Steam right now.
Still, I managed to finally get Spectraball for a stupid low price, which was one of my white whales, so that is cool.

edit: oh and AC:GOTY for $7 is a good deal. I bought AC vanilla for $10, iirc.

edit edit: yeah, I'm with drizzle. Torchlight 1 was a frequent sale denizen. Torchilight 2 will be the same. I can wait for it to be under $5. Not my favorite series anyways.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm scratching my head at all the people waiting on Torchlight II to go to $5. The game just came out a couple months ago at an incredible price of only $20. Good luck waiting into next summer/fall to see it at the $5 mark. I'll just continue to enjoy my copy that I payed full price for on launch. I understand wanting a good deal and all, but sometimes you need to step back and look at things in the proper perspective.

Oh, you mean like the perspective that I have 501 games on Steam already, many that I didn't play, so I don't really need to buy any games because I have so many games to play and all the other games I want will probably get cheaper on later sales, when I will have, preferably, already played all my backlog games and then get the new games cheaper?

I see. Thanks. But that's kinda the point of it being only 50% off.

People have different priorities and sweet spots depending on the game. With all the games potentially available later on you have to look at your budget and the games you already have. If you waited for a couple of months, waiting a few more months isn't really a big deal. The launch hype is gone anyway.

I bought the game full price on launch day but barely played it because it didn't really grab me. One could say I wasted $15 on the game. There's always a risk associated with buying a game digitally, and different people are willing to pay different amounts because of this risk.
It's really not that hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom