• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
the sadness that comes with owning most everything you want on Steam

tho I'm still waiting for a fucking discount on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 beyond 50%

come on that game came out in George W. Bush's 1st term

Clinton's 2nd term and Bush Jr's 1st term = best era of games! Obama's 1st videogame term was pretty bad, but his 2nd term has had a fairly good start. It looks like some new console generation legislation may be signed by him next year too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Be aware that Vice City is missing some of the original soundtrack. It's missing about 10 songs including the Michael Jackson tracks.
Oh no, please don't tell me it's missing "Four little diamonds" or "Owner of a lonely heart" or "I wanna rock" or "I ran (So far away)" or "Video killed the radio star" or "Africa". If so, I'll be a sad panda.

Been a couple years since I got in on steamsales, is it normal for the daily deals to last two days?

Also seeing a lot of people not happy with the prices. I bought Batman:AC GOTY for $7, did I over pay? I thought it was a deal but due to peoples reactions I'm doubting?
It's as good a deal as you think it is. If you were comfortable with that price (and if it was a Daily Deal/Flash Sale/Community Choice) then that's fine.

The game has been 4 bucks and change on GMG recently, anyway.

Both Orcs Must Die games are terrific. It's kind of like an action/puzzle game which isn't usually my kind of thing, but I really love this. I think the first game had better level design, but the variety of the second one (and Endless mode) are great too.

Should I buy Torchlight II as a flash deal, or wait for the daily deal? It's 50% right now, and it's $10.

The flash deals are the same savings as the daily deals. Get it as a flash deal if you want it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I dont see what's wrong with the first one. What's wrong in wanting to hear GAF's opinion on a game?

I had mentioned this in the dedicated Steam thread, so I'll paraphrase it here:

It's fundamentally backwards. You're letting the price of something dictate your interest in the product. The product should be interesting to you and you should then determine if the price is right.

It's the quickest, most sure-fire way to have a backlog of games you could have bought for cheaper by the time you eventually get around to playing them.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Both Orcs Must Die games are terrific. It's kind of like an action/puzzle game which isn't usually my kind of thing, but I really love this. I think the first game had better level design, but the variety of the second one (and Endless mode) are great too.

From what I understand 2 even includes some levels from the original. Pretty cool!

I dont see what's wrong with the first one. What's wrong in wanting to hear GAF's opinion on a game?

But "is it worth it" isn't the same as "what does everyone think of". Is it worth it is a subjective idea man. What something is worth to one person is different than another.

If I had 25 million dollars, spending a grand on a bottle of wine would be worth it to me. If I had 25 bucks, not so much.

Anyways, I need a vacation.

Edit: And what morningbus said

Is Divinity II: Developer's Cut DRM free now or it was Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga? I remember that Larian Studios was working on a patch to make it DRM free or

dani_dc

Another weak day, bunch of sales that we've seen imultiple times n past sales and the new ones (Dishonored/Darksiders) don't beat Amazon/GMG.

kennah

I'm a little tempted by Sim City, but I'd probably never play it.

Also eyeing up Orcs Must Die 2, loved the first one, but haven't beat it yet.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The bad news is that there's nothing for me again. Dishonored is on my list, but I'm not sure if I should bite at $30.

The good news is that this frees me up to nab Dead Rising 2: OTR for $14 from GMG. Maybe that Sleeping Dogs deal will reappear, too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Another Steam sale, another text message from my credit card company thinking my Steam purchases are fradulent activity. The concern is appreciated, but they should know me by now!
Actually, they are asking you if you don't think your backlog is big enough. They are concerned about you not having played the games you bought in past sales. You should tell them nobody messes with your backlog, and to punish them you're going to buy even more games.

mannerbot

The steam one is only the second game. In the amazon bundle you have the two games, the season pass and every other dlc.

It's not loading for me, but this has to be an error right? I mean, the entire THQ catalog is $24.99 so they can't possibly be that dumb.

edit: it's loaded now and yeah, $13.59 for the DarkSiders franchise pack is reasonable (though Amazon beat them to the punch...).

REV 09

Are the great Steam sales of year's past over??? seriously, these sales are what make PC gaming prices worth it...considering that we can't trade the games in afterwards like other platforms.

wasn't Dishonored $20 somewhere over Thanksgiving?

XShagrath

They'd better turn this around, or I'm gonna be disappointed when I open up that Steam Wallet card that will inevitably wind up in my stocking on XMas day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom