• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with F.E.A.R 1? Does it have drm? the drm list says multiplayer does yet it doesn't have online.

I think it uses gamespy for multiplayer but that doesn't even work anymore or something.

No Drm in single from what I remember.

Anyone have a copy of DMC they bought for $5 they could sell me?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Darksiders II, and Dishonored are newish games, so it's not that bad today really. Of course, Psychonauts has been a daily/flash deal way too often.

nexen

Tony Hawk HD Revert pack on sale for $3.74.
Just noticed that.

If you are anything like me this is an important discovery.

lxz40.jpg

Seriously, Psychonauts has some of the most enjoyable writing, characters, and settings in any game I've ever played.

4OO0Dm.jpg

Join us on the road crew. We are all part of the road crew. See my sign?

I have a gift copy of Psychonauts to give away. All you have to do is post a picture of something crazy and space/sci-fi related. Winner will be selected by the great floating turtle upon whom we all ride upon.

REV 09

I think that it's not that the deals aren't good, it's that we already got most of the games we wanted from previous sales.

EA games are gone, UBI and Capcom don't discount much. THQ games will likely be less discounted once they get bought/go under.

Moreover, when there are decent deals then usually aren't even from Steam. Amazon has been the clear winner. GMG is decent, but they are quickly backtracking with their Credit/Cash nonsense.

All of this combined could cause a future where PC games are just more expensive, which sucks when you can't flip the games like console titles.

Finalow

I'm probably going to buy Ys, that -50% is nice.

I played Psychonauts (bought like 3 months ago) for 2 hours or so, didn't enjoy it at all.

Mrbob

I'm seeing $8.06 for FE, but I'm from the US. Is pricing different depending on region?

Page says 80 percent off of $39.99, which would mean about 8 dollars.

Petrie

Banned
Holy shit! Game just came out :\

Stardock was better off not releasing the game to other downloadable services.

EDIT: What a sec, says $18 for me. Big difference.

Says $8 for me as well.

I know nothing of this game, but it looks interesting. Haven't played anything from Stardock, what would you compare it to? Somebody sell me on this. lol

Sarcasm

Amazon only taxes if the address would have so.

I didn't see the no season pass in steam..is there more dlc coming out? If so kinda sucks.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Well, at least got that Torchlight II ticked from my wishlist. Even if only 50% off, it was just some £7. Sub-10 is my threshold price for Steam sale purchases off my wishlist. The sale as been really boring so far.

Is it possible to get the Darksiders franchise pack, keep all the Darksiders II stuff for myself and gift the copy of the first Darksiders (Already own it)?

Sadist

You know that Darksiders franchise pack is pretty slick. To bad I can't enjoy it.

I'm like halfway through the first one and I just can't complete it.

Dishonored deal would have been great if it would have launched at the normal price point for PC game of $50. I wonder how much XCOM was able to outsell Dishonored because of its price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom