• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I had mentioned this in the dedicated Steam thread, so I'll paraphrase it here:

It's fundamentally backwards. You're letting the price of something dictate your interest in the product. The product should be interesting to you and you should then determine if the price is right.

It's the quickest, most sure-fire way to have a backlog of games you could have bought for cheaper by the time you eventually get around to playing them.

But "is it worth it" isn't the same as "what does everyone think of". Is it worth it is a subjective idea man. What something is worth to one person is different than another.

If I had 25 million dollars, spending a grand on a bottle of wine would be worth it to me. If I had 25 bucks, not so much.

Anyways, I need a vacation.

Edit: And what morningbus said

well I interpret it as your second question there. I just take it as "what does everyone think of", or rather that's what I mean when I ask it personally. Didnt really thought about it in the way morningbus said. And yeah if you're asking it that way then stop

dani_dc

Ok, question: I have £50 in my steam wallet, will I be charged in £ or € or will steam do its own conversion if I buy something while in euroland?

I belive you won't be able to buy games at all via your Steam wallet if the currencies vary from the store.
The suggestion I hear is using the URL of your country, in your case "http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk".

Though it would be best to contact Steam support first to avoid any issues, might take a bit to get a reply though, especially during sales.

Kifimbo

Are the great Steam sales of year's past over??? seriously, these sales are what make PC gaming prices worth it...considering that we can't trade the games in afterwards like other platforms.

wasn't Dishonored $20 somewhere over Thanksgiving?

My guess is they found where the sweet spot to maximize their revenues. Also, there are enough new Steam members to just repeat the 75% sales for the 10th time without going lower.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I really wish they had done an achievement hunt so at least there would be something entertaining for sales veterans.

Deal aren't really bad, Darksiders 2 is criminally cheap...

Man... Steam Sales are a bit underwhelming for veterans like me, I have almost everything I want =(

I'm going to be spacing out all of these Steam sales and try not to buy too much. This way, I don't end up getting disappointed because I "freakin' have everything that's on sale already".

:p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I already have Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2.

I only need the Season Pass and Death Rides, as everything else is shitty item DLC and I already have Argul's Tomb.

I'll buy the season pass and Death Rides. First Steam purchase this sale!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is SimCity4 the one with shitty DRM? Sorry, not in the loop w/ the more recent simulation titles.

SimCity 4's shitty DRM equivalent is that it doesn't run properly on modern machines at all - the bigger your city get, slower it goes. And it's very crashy.

It's still so good that I don't care.

TimmiT

Are the great Steam sales of year's past over??? seriously, these sales are what make PC gaming prices worth it...considering that we can't trade the games in afterwards like other platforms.

wasn't Dishonored $20 somewhere over Thanksgiving?

I think that it's not that the deals aren't good, it's that we already got most of the games we wanted from previous sales.

1-D_FTW

I feel silly for adding another 50 bucks to my Steam wallet. Spent 11 dollars on the first day, but the remaining 62 dollars is likely to last me till the 2013 Holiday sale at this rate.

nexen

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier Long Title for $15 has me interested.
I likem me some military shooters that aren't COD.

Hmm.

gabbo

Still nothing of interest has poppd up, and I doubt Garshasp's expansion (already at $1.29) will be a daily deal.
*About to break the first rule of Steam Sales*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom