• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more steam sale hype from me, they're offering worse prices than Amazon/GMG and aren't doing anything to make up for it. I'm not going to look forward to another Steam sale until they prove they can do something that puts them ahead of the curve again.

Looked at Steam Sales... saw no metagame ripe for exploitation.

Saw the titles available and at the discount levels.

Knew GAF would be in meltdown about it.

Clicked on GAF.

Not disappointed.

In other news, I loved the achievement hunt that included a bunch of games I never would have played otherwise. Absolutely loved it. It's a bummer that something like that is not happening this year.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Previous sale metagames:
Complete these 60+ achievements for coal and a chance at free games!
Get these 36 potatoes hidden in Indie Games and solve a Portal 2 ARG!
Do these 56 summer themed achievements to win tickets which you can use to get free DLC/cosmetic items from our prize booth!

Recent sale metagames:
Do 4 of these 6 things no one gives a shit about for a shitty badge that no one gives a shit about.

We've taken damage to the hull!

Bought:
- Intrusion 2
- Critter Crunch
- Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

I was kind hoping Intrusion 2 would be 75% off this sale, but eh, it's still $3.39 which isn't too bad.

Edit - Oh hey, I'm a member now.

1-D_FTW

Ended up spending 11 dollars. More than I initially thought this turd burger was getting.

Rocketbirds 2.49
Waves 2.49
Batman AC: Harley Quinn's Revenge 2.49
GTR 2 3.60

Megasoum

Banned
I'm gonna buy GTR 2 for 3$ cause there's no way it will go lower than that in a daily.

Other than that, nothing interesting today.

tjohn86

stash-1-50543b6493a01.png

People abused the meta game way too much for them to do it again. Sorry folks we just can't have nice things.

Toppot

Easy badge. 10 items on wishlist, logged in on my phone, buy Flight Control HD for 74p as a gift. There's the 4 done.

I think I'm quite safe this sale, my library is full of games I won't play as it is, there's no more I need/want to add.

I know soon there will be people complaining that they got their games at a too high price since they didn't wait for dailies or flash sales. So let this image help you on your quest of not buying it instantly.
pjox4m8x.jpg

This makes it look like you're supposed to hold on buying the daily deals instead of waiting for the daily deals. Anyone should be charging into battle on that Batman deal.

Fantasmo

We've taken damage to the hull!

Bought:
- Intrusion 2
- Critter Crunch
- Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

I was kind hoping Intrusion 2 would be 75% off this sale, but eh, it's still $3.39 which isn't too bad.

Edit - Oh hey, I'm a member now.

Can you let me know how Intrusion is? Like, whether it's fun or not.

1-D_FTW

Man, all I want from this sale is Dark Souls at 50% or more off... let's hope

Think somebody in the official thread said Amazon was going to have it for 14.99 one day (and that'll include the whole 5 dollar coupon for the new year sale).

dave is ok

aztek is ok
People abused the meta game way too much for them to do it again. Sorry folks we just can't have nice things.
They could always do a metagame you can't abuse, like Summer 2011 or Portal 2 or Treasure Hunt.. you know, every previous metagame to Christmas 2011.

Is Flash Sale lowest it can get or should I wait if it goes up as a Daily? Looking to buy NS2

Won't be lower.
Lol, if these sales didn't exist, how would Amazon know what to price match?
Amazon is the leader in sale prices. They match other prices sometimes, but they're definitely going far beyond what anyone else is currently offering.

Derrick01

Banned
For those looking for Hitman Absolution, remember that Amazon has it for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0K50U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hope everyone who's interested in buying it sees this. Don't support bad steam sales!

Don't support bad games either but hey we gotta pick our battles

jediyoshi said:
Lol. If these sales didn't exist, how would Amazon know what to price match?

Amazon's sale has been going and they've had better deals.

cicero

Are any other sites like Amazon, Gamefly, GOG etc. doing a winter sale?

You should subscribe to the GOG holiday sale thread. They had a wonderful one day sale yesterday in the middle of their already huge sale currently going until January 3rd. Many of the game packs they had on sale will be repeated until the end though, so start checking daily!@#

J-Tier

Hitman Absolution worth it?

If you've played the previous, then apparently no? But if you haven't, then it's amazing. Though I'd wait for it to be even cheaper sometime in the future. And then by then, you probably don't even want to buy it because there are newer and better games.

And then..wait...

Midou

weak sales that don't match Amazon, and less daily deals in place of more short term flash stuff.

The steam sale magic is gone.

Amazon is only easily usable in the US and some stuff unlocks on Origin. Flash sales last longer than 15 seconds, so it's more than long enough to buy something while they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom