• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know soon there will be people complaining that they got their games at a too high price since they didn't wait for dailies or flash sales. So let this image help you on your quest of not buying it instantly.
pjox4m8x.jpg
Amazing

Exuro

Another disappointing sale. : / Loved the coal/tickets they did in the past. The 'meta' for this sale can be done in less than a minute, which is much worse than the already disappointing summer sale.

jkanownik

Ok I am looking on ways to receive money on Paypal now for a 4-pack of Natural Selection 2 but if someone with experience can start one that would be great. We are at least two right now. So we need two more.

I'm in. I'm willing to do the purchase if needed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I know soon there will be people complaining that they got their games at a too high price since they didn't wait for dailies or flash sales. So let this image help you on your quest of not buying it instantly.
pjox4m8x.jpg
I am laughing so much right now :lol

Grief.exe

No, we have normal expectations that haven't been met so far. The Meta games alone brought a measure of fun that isn't here now. I spent so many hours buying and playing games I never had bought or played before.

I'm sure the metagame was a big draw on their servers, but they should be able to justify it with the amount of purchases that occurred.

Good way for people to try F2P games as well, and gives publishers/developers more incentive to incorporate Steam features like achievements into their games.

Sora_N

Tempted to buy NS2 but meh, I bought CS:GO bundle last time and I didn't even play it. Guess I just don't play FPS lol.

Bulzeeb

pjox4m8x.jpg

fuck, so should I bite the batman deal or wait for the last day? :S

Tomodachi

No meta because Gabe is pissed off at that developer who leaked the dates for both sales. I wouldn't have had time for it though so I'm fine with this.

robbed

Neo Member
For those without a mobile phone, can you install the android sdk/emulator and install steam mobile there? I wonder if that will work.

Euphor!a

Banned
Don't know if anyone else noticed this but the Darksiders Complete pack is 50% off at $20 now. It is almost guaranteed to be a daily at 75%, making it cheaper than the Amazon deal.

dani_dc

So far, kinda disappointing when compared to past winter sales, and not just because I own a lot of games now.

- No achievements for gifts/coal
- Only 6 "main" deals instead of the usual 12 per day
- No tickets, just badges
- Some prices are fairly poor
- Seems to be more games than usual that aren't on sale (could be still discounting them though, I'm not sure).

That sums up my feelings as well.

Lets hope that we get at least some better deals in other daily/flash sales.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
While I have 20 games on my wish list and I intend to buy a few of them... the whole impulse buy thing is gone for me. I look at the seals today and I see nothing I want. I'll wait for tomorrow's seals.

Lime

17.50$ so far : Botanicula, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia and Condemned. I wish the Transformers games, the Riddick games and somes Star Wars games will be on Daily Deals.

You're doing it wrong. Wait for the daily deals.

Salsa

They discounted 007: Blood Stone. Just 25% but they never discounted it in the previous summer sale and such. Hopefully it becomes at least a flash deal.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The THQ franchise sale seems pretty good, unless I'm missing something. I know there's some duds in there, but there's SR2 and 3, DoW 2 + Retribution + Metro 2033.

That's not too terrible.

edit: Oh, DoW series with all the DLC is 20 on its own. Hmm, for 6 bucks more I could get PC copies of SR2 and 3 and Darksiders 2. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom