• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam question for you all.

I want to get the Darksiders deal, but already have Darksiders. I understand I won't get an extra key to gift, but--

and mods nuke this if this is taboo,

could I not just buy the deal as a gift under a different steam account (I guess I'd create one?) and then gift myself Darksiders II, while keeping Darksiders I available to gift to someone else?

or--or is the bundle just one Steam code. Oh, that's probably it.

Can anyone confirm?

bigace33

At this point my spirit is broken. I'd just settle for someone selling me Skyrim, and Dishonored. I had planned on making it rain games on Gaffers as I own nearly all of the other games. Gamersgate should have never teased me with such an amazing deal, it has almost ruined my steam sales.

HoosTrax

I watched the entirety of the new Minecraft documentary (released early for backers!) while trying to get this to go through. I guess I'll stop for now, I only really wanted Dishonored for myself and the rest were going to be gifts :/
Crap that reminds me, I should download and watch Indie Game: The Movie.

Cbajd5

And 3-4 different computers.

And a couple of different internet connections.

NOW DOWNLOADING ALL THIS STUFF WILL TAKE A WHILE

YAY

Edit: For people using PayPal once you get back to GamersGate with some URL that won't load more likely than not you can just keep refreshing that page, it won't charge you any additional times. I don't know if you have to do this to make it go through. Then it should take you back to the homepage of the site.

I got an email:

This is a receipt to confirm your order with GamersGate. The order will be processed as soon as your payment is confirmed.
If you placed this order by mistake and have cancelled your payment, or if you did not complete your payment for other reasons you will not be billed and the order will not be processed.

What do I do now?
You gotta complete the payment. Its still pending.

Volcynika

I want to get the Darksiders deal, but already have Darksiders. I understand I won't get an extra key to gift, but--

could I not just buy the deal as a gift under a different steam account (I guess I'd create one?) and then gift myself Darksiders II, while keeping Darksiders I available to gift to someone else?

Can anyone confirm?

Can you not get it from Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDDY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

All Steam codes.

At this point my spirit is broken. I'd just settle for someone selling me Skyrim, and Dishonored. I had planned on making it rain games on Gaffers as I own nearly all of the other games. Gamersgate should have never teased me with such an amazing deal, it has almost ruined my steam sales.

No one is responding to my PMs, I take it that means they don't like my offers.

I try to work out a deal with those who contacted me first; and when those fall through, I move on to the next person on my list. But it's hard to move on when people don't even respond.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Can anyone confirm?

Are you talking about Amazon or Steam? If it's the former, you get separate keys for everything; if it's the latter, you can only gift the entire pack, not the individual subs.

Edit: I misread your post. Edited accordingly.

Bloodsent

I try to work out a deal with those who contacted me first; and when those fall through, I move on to the next person on my list. But it's hard to move on when people don't even respond.

Hit me up.

snack

Well I bought two packs. If I can send my paymen (pending atm), then I have games to sell to you guys that need it. Quote this post and lemme know what you guys need and I may be able to help y'all out. Cheers and Merry Christmas!

And how do I do that?

Sorry, never using this gamergate site before.
If gamersgate doesn't work (LOL) use the link in your order confirmation that you received in your inbox to complete your order there. It goes directly to your order. Click complete order and go to your payment. Good luck. I've been stuck at paypal for 40 minutes and still counting.

Are you talking about the Amazon or Steam? If it's the former, you get separate keys for everything; if it's the latter, you can only gift the entire pack, not the individual subs.

Edit: I misread your post. Edited accordingly.

I was talking about Steam, but that might sway me over Amazon's way. Thanks.

rezuth

Well I bought two packs. If I can send my paymen (pending atm), then I have games to sell to you guys that need it. Quote this post and lemme know what you guys need and I may be able to help y'all out. Cheers and Merry Christmas!

A whole bundle?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Can anyone confirm?
I have no idea, sorry. If I were you, I'd buy THIS instead.

bigace33

Bro, I am ready to buy Dishonored and Skyrim right now. If they snooze they lose.

Sarquiss_

I would love to buy the entire pack

Doomrider

If you're willing to sell Dishonored, PM me please. Thanks.

Bro, I am ready to buy Dishonored and Skyrim right now. If they snooze they lose.

I definitely agree.

I just wanted to post those things so they know. And so they can't go, "B-b-b-but what about our deal? Why'd you sell it to bigace33?"

One more minute, and if no one responds I'll send you a reply.

(you know I'm not selling Skyrim though right?)

What's this about Gamersgate? I would like Skyrim, what's it going for?
www.gamersgate.com/DDB-BETHESDANYC/bethesda-new-year-collection-bundle
Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
for $28.76

When the page does load once in a blue moon, it tells me I'm not lgoged in and I need to log in, then it goes back to not working.

This so isn't worth my time and effort...

Cramoss

Fuck, am I too late?

iwKK2.gif

I have no idea, sorry. If I were you, I'd buy THIS instead.

That's crazy. And the deal for Max Payne 3 is nice too. As is Syndicate.

How long are the Amazon sales on for? I don't see an expiry date of any kind...

Any chance of waiting out the Steam sale and picking up things that didn't appear on it from Amazon or will Amazon end theirs early? Any idea?

Omiee

dont' F5 every few seconds... let the page load, once it errors out then F5.. every F5 puts you at the back of line, pings the site and kills it.

Im am trying that as well.

cant i just use somebody's account?

Because i am in the checkout area i just dont have an account.

Grief.exe

That's crazy. And the deal for Max Payne 3 is nice too. As is Syndicate.

How long are the Amazon sales on for? I don't see an expiry date of any kind...

Any chance of waiting out the Steam sale and picking up things that didn't appear on it from Amazon or will Amazon end theirs early? Any idea?

Amazon will the same sales for a little while.

They also have a redux in January where they have all the best sales back and you can use a $5 promotional credit you get from buying a DD game from Amazon.

I think I will pick up Max Payne 3 then.

I have HL2, but what I really need is Episode One and Episode Two. I really hope that they go on sale for 75% off.

Hope? They are guaranteed to go on sale multiple times. Don't worry.

Cbajd5

Im am trying that as well.

cant i just use somebody's account?

Because i am in the checkout area i just dont have an account.

There should be an option there to register, just click that and it should load and then let you make one all in one swoop. You'll time to wait for the verification e-mail once the order's made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom