• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's crazy. And the deal for Max Payne 3 is nice too. As is Syndicate.

How long are the Amazon sales on for? I don't see an expiry date of any kind...

Any chance of waiting out the Steam sale and picking up things that didn't appear on it from Amazon or will Amazon end theirs early? Any idea?
There's a thread on CAG that has a list of all the deals, with the running dates and all. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here, so I'd rather not risk it (you can find it by googling "cag amazon pcdd darksiders franchise", entering the first link and going to the first page).

Prelithe

Paypal was charged, am I cleared?

Yeah, if you got an email like "Receipt for Your Payment to Gamersgate AB", then you should be sweet. I'm still trying to reveal the bloody serial numbers though for proper confirmation. Its actually worse than the checkout, can't see shit captain.

jediyoshi

Whats going on at gamersgate?

Wow, that was fast. I got the order confirmation.
cEu3p.png

Yeah, if you got an email like "Receipt for Your Payment to Gamersgate AB", then you should be sweet. I'm still trying to reveal the bloody serial numbers though for proper confirmation. Its actually worse than the checkout, can't see shit captain.
Awesome! It took me about 2 and a half hours to actually complete(with a break for dinner in the middle), so I wish you luck in getting it to work.

REV 09

There should be an option there to register, just click that and it should load and then let you make one all in one swoop. You'll time to wait for the verification e-mail once the order's made.

I got a verification email after my Purchase Order Confirm email.....

...how do i actually pay for this though? Weirdest payment system that i have seen. I chose Credit Card via Paypal, but how do they know my Paypal?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, if you got an email like "Receipt for Your Payment to Gamersgate AB", then you should be sweet. I'm still trying to reveal the bloody serial numbers though for proper confirmation.

How long will it stay like that for? Would you happen to know? I have to wait for paypal to verify my account(just opened it). -_-. I think I'm assed out.

Didn't even know there were issues with it. What was wrong?

From Eurogamer:
No advanced graphics settings, no field-of-view adjustments, no out of the box support for mods - on first loading up Doom 3: BFG Edition, it's difficult to avoid the impression that id Software has turned its back on the PC fanbase that supported it for so many years. Some might even describe the new release as a downgrade in many respects compared to the 2004 code - a port from current-gen console remixed from the PC original. But it would be churlish to ignore some of the improvements and refinements made to the overall package.

"id has buried many of the options PC enthusiasts care about, concentrating on delivering a fairly basic conversion of its console remaster with stereo 3D, motion blur and VR upgrades."

Lighting, field-of-view and motion blur are the major changes, and some might say that they are not all for the better. The new FOV isn't very friendly unless you're using a widescreen display, and, while the lighting is generally better suited to living room HDTV gameplay, sometimes it's somewhat overbright.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-whats-new-for-pc-doom-3-bfg-edition

Last I heard was id was going to look at some things, or maybe it was to put back on Steam the original Doom 3 that they removed to leave the BFG edition as the only option to purchase.

Prelithe

...how do i actually pay for this though? Weirdest payment system that i have seen. I chose Credit Card via Paypal, but how do they know my Paypal?

You should see a redirect to paypal page if the checkout actually completes properly. The email is nothing. The payment doesn't go through until you're redirected to Paypal to login.

It goes to a page where you login to your Paypal account. Then it either uses your bank account, or if there is not suitable funds, it will use your CC on file.

That's what it said to me anyway.

Cbajd5

There should be a way to do it through the order page, I think. I just left the purchase page open until I got my e-mail verified.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why people voted for BioShock, when you can get both games for five bucks on Amazon right now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Def Jukie

Why did so many people vote for Bioshock? You can get 1 and 2 together for $4.99 from Amazon. Steam community is dumb. No wonder Greenlight sucks so much.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they don't visit Cheapassgamer or GAF. Amazon doesn't have the best PC Storefront.
You may be right. Their DD page is awful, it's only useful if you already know what you are looking for. And if you know that, you probably have a direct link to that item's store page at hand.

cicero

I think it has been two hours now and I still can't get through. Really wanted Skyrim, Dishonored would have been fantastic as well. Anyone else who bought multiple copies and feels like splitting them up, put me on your list, please.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It would be really great for Amazon (and us) if they had a very simple Steam-like app, even if just for phones. Some way to quickly check on what's going on with their PC download prices.

I paid via Paypal, they are in my library, but I can't get the keys.

They aren't going to yank it out from underneath me tomorrow and say, sorry, no more keys! Are they?

I paid via Paypal, they are in my library, but I can't get the keys.

They aren't going to yank it out from underneath me tomorrow and say, sorry, no more keys! Are they?

God I hope not.

Edit: I think I remember several people being able to access their keys in this thread, aye?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uh Oh... I forgot to vote...

I guess I won't get all 6 achievements (unless there are more than 15 votes)

Bummer.

The Community's Choice games refresh every ~8 hours and the sales runs until January 5th/6th (depending on your time zone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom