• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tearsofash

Damn, I just bought RPG Maker a few days ago for $70. Now it's $35. Oh well, getting Legend of Grimrock for $3.74 makes up for it. Totally my kind of game. Makes me think of Eye of the Beholder and stuff like Ultima Underworld.

How is it? I've been wanting to buy a version of it for a while, but never really thought about it until steam. I don't know a lot of code, will it still be fairly accessible?

Ryu

I'm trying to get the Bathesda pack as well. I am really only interested in getting it for Skyrim for my wife for real cheap and then gifting the rest to people. If someone just wants to sell their Skyrim key, I would be very grateful. :)

Koeta

Anyone who had to make a new account for this GG deal get the email yet to make a purchase?

Been almost 30 minutes and nothing yet, got the bundle in my cart waiting to go <.>

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"Please check your e-mail for further instructions."

I have a feeling it's gonna be a while before I see that email

Is this the verification email? I was waiting forever as well. The only way I got it, was by continually going to the checkout, and clicking 'send verification email'.

Ryu

Damn, I just bought RPG Maker a few days ago for $70. Now it's $35. Oh well, getting Legend of Grimrock for $3.74 makes up for it. Totally my kind of game. Makes me think of Eye of the Beholder and stuff like Ultima Underworld.

I wanted to make like a space RPG, does the tileset allow that or will I have to do a lot of custom stuff to make that happen? All the screens seem to lean towards fantasy type settings.

Anyone have copies of:

Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
Rogue Warrior

they don't want or willing to sell super cheaply?

I'll help you out if I can ever get back into the library and retrieve the keys. If not tonight then tomorrow when the traffic dies down. Shoot me a PM later today if no one else has helped you out by then.

How is it? I've been wanting to buy a version of it for a while, but never really thought about it until steam. I don't know a lot of code, will it still be fairly accessible?

It's the most user friendly out of all the RPG makers I have tried. Don't think you need to know any code to appreciate it. Everything is pretty self explanatory and easy to use. Within an hour or so I had a pretty cool outdoor map and a four level dungeon with monsters. It's certainly the best one that's come out so far. Worth giving a shot, and not too frustrating to use.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm browsing through that Tom Clancy pack...

What say you, GAF?

Splinter Cell: CT- Amazing. Must buy out of all of them.

Rainbow Six 3 Gold- Great tactical/squad shooter.
Rainbow Six Vegas- Good action game. Nothing like RS3 Gold.

Ghost Recon- Great, realistic shooter.
GR: Advance Warfigher- Nothing like the first game, but for $2.50, its a good shooter.

I'm picking up(but haven't played) SC: Conviction.

MrNelson

Banned
Been at this for 5 hours, been waiting for my verification email for 2, and I've gotta work in 5 hours.

I get the feeling I'm just gonna have to miss out on this one :(

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Feel kinda bad telling you this, but Legend of Grimrock (with a steam key) is in the current running Humble Bundle.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Splinter Cell: CT- Amazing. Must buy out of all of them.

Rainbow Six 3 Gold- Great tactical/squad shooter.
Rainbow Six Vegas- Good action game. Nothing like RS3 Gold.

Ghost Recon- Great, realistic shooter.
GR: Advance Warfigher- Nothing like the first game, but for $2.50, its a good shooter.

I'm picking up(but haven't played) SC: Conviction.

Conviction is a detour from the previous games, it's a streamlined third person shooter with some light stealth elements.

I hope that the RPG Maker flash sale means that Game Maker will show up later in a flash/daily.

I just made it to the checkout on the Bethesda pack, but a Brink bundle somehow got added to my cart too. If I get screwed over trying to remove Brink... *shakes fist*

Sye d'Burns

Luck has deigned to shine upon me at last. I've managed to pry keys for Skyrim, Dishonored and Brink from gamersgate in the last few minutes.

I figured I'd try to get a bundle because people were having so much trouble and there are others that only wanted one or two things. I never thought it'd be such a headache though.Shoot a PM if you're interested in something. Since I own pretty much everything in it, I'm going to be parting the bundle out for either paypal or some games/dlc from steam.

LegoDad

finally got to paypal page and then it errored out and I had to call paypal, finally back again, please go through!!! If it does, i'll try to get another for people who can't get through.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Are any of the Splinter Cells worth playing? Chaos Theory is a given, I'm absolutely smitten with the soundtrack.

The only good things I have heard about Double Agent, is from the xbox version. I played the 360 version, which was a mess. Don't know about the pc version. Conviction (it seems) breaks the mold of previous SC games.

Conviction is a detour from the previous games, it's a streamlined third person shooter with some light stealth elements.

It looks interesting. Have you played it? Would you recommend it?

2 friends and I still mess around in versus a lot, its so amazing. I'm thinking of picking up double agent for versus. Is there any sort of community in that left?

DA multi blows dude. Especially coming from god tier CT.

Martian

PmEXD.png

DA multi blows dude. Especially coming god tier CT.

I'm mostly interested because it would allow my 2 friends and I to all team up. What I would do to have a bigger community than 10 people in CT....I'm so mad they took multi out of the HD collection on PS3, I would've bought it 3 times.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Are any of the Splinter Cells worth playing? Chaos Theory is a given, I'm absolutely smitten with the soundtrack.

Pandora Tomorrow is a good gam-

Oh :(

Well the first one is good as well but the graphics are super dated and, like PT, it is EXTREME TRIAL AND ERROR. Chaos Theory is slightly trial and error, the majority of the time you'll actually be able to fight back (especially since you can customize your loadout and CT has one-hit kill/knockout moves). In the first two, though, if you were spotted it was either game over by default, game over by being shot at, or the level became much harder because enemies put on flak jackets and helmets and take harder patrol routes.

The original XBOX version of Double Agent has some good levels too, but they're not anywhere near as well designed as Chaos Theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom