• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the flash deals, is RPG Maker VX Ace worth the $35? What's the likelihood it'll eventually drop lower? I haven't bought an RPG Maker since the Playstation era.

Summer sale will probably will see another drop, so if you can wait a few months you might be able to save.

M.D

The site is fucked up lol
First it showed two bundles in the cart, now when I tried to remove one of the bundles, it added the Brink bundle instead

Summer sale will probably will see another drop, so if you can wait a few months you might be able to save.

Okay, good. I'm not in any hurry to buy it, but I wasn't sure if it was more of a studio program that is always going to have a static price, especially since it's starting at $70.

cicero

You'd be better served by opening a new tab, going to paypal and seeing if the charge has processed. If so, head directly to http://www.gamersgate.com/account/shelf and begin the waiting game redux as you attempt to actually pry a key from the jaws of Gamersgate.

edit:

I know it hasn't gone through, no paypal confirmation. It keeps timing out or going to the main GamersGate page without any confirmation. Maybe they have stopped authorizing purchases, I am going to keep trying until I know for sure. I really want Skyrim and Dishonored :|

M.D

Alright, managed to get the checkout page with the bundle and the 5% discount code.
Now I need to register an account and see if my credit card works with PayPal. Please work ;o

Edit: Can someone link me to the register page? I click "register a new account" in the checkout page but it opens another checkout page

Well, took a break from GamersGate for an hour. Still doesn't load. I don't want to do this all night. At least this time, its not timing out really fast like before.

Amazon gives you a steam key for each game. For the most part, most of the games activate on steam. Just be sure to check the game page, or the Amazon thread before buying.

If you buy a bundle from Amazon it'll come with separate keys for each game (unless the "game" itself is specifically a bundle I guess). You'd have to give people the keys to redeem themselves. And just read the Amazon page listing to see if they active on Steam.

These were precisely the answers I was looking for, thanks guys.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I managed not to buy anything today. And GG won't load, so there's no way I'll be able to jump in the Bethesda pack.

3 o'clock in the morning, nice time for playing some games going to sleep.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, good. I'm not in any hurry to buy it, but I wasn't sure if it was more of a studio program that is always going to have a static price, especially since it's starting at $70.

Nah, its a pretty popular program for gamers to satisfy their creative urges without spending years and heartache to become a actual game developer. The series is more akin to the older Sim series ( Simcity, SimTower, SimAnt, etc) than specialized game development programs that the past versions were actually console releases. (I haven't played around with this version) but the past versions were roughly competent enough to create a RPG at an SNES/NES professionally developed level.

mrgone

I think there was talk at some point about adding keys to the inventory as a potential feature. It's probably way down the to-do list somewhere below download management options :)

Xyber

If the purchase went through, will it take a while before I see it on my paypal profile? I pressed confirm on the paypal site and it gave me an error. I then reloaded the page and it sent me back to GG now but I can't see that it has charged me anything on paypal.

I got quite a bit of enjoyment out of RPG Maker in the past.
Scripting SNES-era cutscenes is oddly entertaining.

I didn't really care much for creating a traditional RPG. I just liked building towns with lots of NPCs saying stupid crap.

Petrie

Banned
Some really shitty Gaffers PMing. Asking $15-20 for a few games from the bundle, after they've already taken the expensive ones like Dishonored and Skyrim.

Just lousy all around.

Alex

That's odd, the GamersGate thing says its only giftable. Does anyone know if I gift this bundle to an email if it gives individual keys per game?

I'll be selling the following games from the bundle:

Brink Complete Pack
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The only other big game I wanted over the holidays is XCOM, so if someone wanted to trade these games for that straight up, that would be cool too. I'll sell them all together or seperate, whatever someone wants.

Gamersgate is totally fucked right now so we can complete any transactions tomorrow. I'm turning in for the night so will respond to any PMs tomorrow.

To those stilling trying to get the deal, good luck and great patience to you!

Type2

During the great gamersgate crash of 2012, I've decided to ask steam gaf to get some friends requests my way. Especially if you're looking forward to playing some torchlight 2 this holiday break.
Does anyone kinda miss last years coal promotion?

Steam: Hatemehnow

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Some really shitty Gaffers PMing. Asking $15-20 for a few games from the bundle, after they've already taken the expensive ones like Dishonored and Skyrim.

Just lousy all around.

I will probably offer my dupes (Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout 3) tomorrow when it doesn't take 1 hour to get each key from the site for a low price (prolly trade them for steam dailies of 5 bucks or less).

Just not today. This shit is unbearable to load.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For RPG Maker it's essentially like a sim/game development tool. It's really simple to use, but in new iterations they've added lots of tools to make it more like a game design program and now it can make more than just RPGs though it specializes in it. Good for those who want an easier way to make snes/genesis style games. Can actually sell the games you make, too. Again, been very impressed with a recent raise of horror/adventure games made with it:

Since RPG Maker is brought up, want to point to some great games made with it totally worth checking out (and most are free~):

2020143-to_the_moon_poster2_large.png

-To The Moon: Available on Steam, it's a story-based adventure game which has an amazing soundtrack and story behind it. Can check out the Steam page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440

Yumenikki.png

-Yume Nikki: A free game about exploration and dreams that has become a cult classic with a surprising amount of fan-made art, remixes, fan games, and animations. It follows Madotsuki, a girl who never speaks a word and never leaves her room, to go into her dreams and find 24 effects in corners of the dreams that change her and give her abilities. Download and all info you need on the game here: http://yumenikki.wikia.com/wiki/Yume_Nikki_Wiki

tumblr_m7zhiesC4H1r8ozyc.png

-Ao Oni: A Korean horror comedy game starring a giant purple monster. The game is surprisingly atmospheric, with the monster able to pop up any time to start chasing you along with some scripted moments. The game trolls you a lot, but has a charm that makes you want to just keep on going. Has many different versions, and a stupid amount of fan games (it's big in Korea apparently). Al. You need to know here: http://aooni.wikia.com/wiki/Ao_Oni_Wiki

-Ib: a girl and her family go to an art museum, and soon she gets sucked into a world in a painting and goes on a surreal puzzle adventurer while trying to find a way to escape with a guy named Garry and a girl named Mary. Can find download here: http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/ib.htm

tumblr_mduegrHSCn1qjno6ro1_1280.jpg

-Witch's House: A trap-house survival horror game where you have to survive a series of demented traps, monsters, and puzzles while trying to escape the Witch's house! Quite funny yet terrifying, and strangely emotional, it is actually fairly recent. You can download it here: http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/witchhouse.htm

RPG Maker is simple to use, but I adore some of the games people have made with it in their free time. Definitely worth checking out these games and RPG Maker itself if your type of thing.

T-Matt

Finally got through gamersgate and downloading Skyrim now. Feel better about missing Skyrim for 10$ on black friday. Good luck to those still attempting, it took me a long time.

Bread

Banned
Woo got my cheap Fallout New Vegas, thanks GK86!

Now all I need is Hotline Miami for under 5 bucks and I'll have all the PC games I'll need for at least another week.

...fuck

Eusis

DAMAGE SO FAR: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for $2.49.

Yeah, not the most impressive sale, though it doesn't help that sales elsewhere (redeemable on Steam or not) and the sheer backlog have made me stay cool for now. It'll be funny if this is the first sale I don't even spend $5 on though.

snack

Woo got my cheap Fallout New Vegas, thanks GK86!

Now all I need is Hotline Miami for under 5 bucks and I'll have all the PC games I'll need for at least another week.

...fuck

I need to get Hotline Miami too...

That's the one game I really want.

Petrie

Banned
Guess it's bed time.

I know it's unlikely, but I'd like to get Skyrim, NV, and Doom and drop around $15 if I can't just get the entire pack. If someone doesn't need those and wants to work with me, that'd be fantastic.

Doesn't have to be all 3, I'll settle if I have to.

Otherwise I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

PM me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
DAMAGE SO FAR: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for $2.49.

Yeah, not the most impressive sale, though it doesn't help that sales elsewhere (redeemable on Steam or not) and the sheer backlog have made me stay cool for now. It'll be funny if this is the first sale I don't even spend $5 on though.

CT is an amazing game. Loved every minute of it. Hopefully you will get to experience the best part of it, which is the multiplayer. Incredible.

Hanzou

I need to get Hotline Miami too...

That's the one game I really want.

Its $7.49 on amazon right now and on the best of 2012 list, if it stays at that price in Janiuary I could use my $5 off coupon and get it for $2.49. Steam will probably have it for $5 though, hmmm what to do.

M.D

I think I managed to register an account, it says the name and email is already in use (pressed the register key multiple times). Now to try and log in.

Unrelated, but I just saw that X-COM for PS3/360 is $25, should I get it? I heard it's really good, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Is it playable on consoles, or better on PC?

Kevin

Anyone have copies of:

Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
Rogue Warrior

they don't want or willing to sell super cheaply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom