• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Well, I bought that Bethesda pack. Not sure why, probably wont even get a chance to download the games much less play them anytime soon.

edit: or not. I guess the Paypal thing didn't go through. Probably for the best.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
After watching some videos, Brink doesn't seem like the type of game for me. Shoot me an offer if you want it.

Baha

PmEXD.png

Copy and paste the GIFT THIS GAME link, replace gift with buy in the link. You're welcome.

Does the Bethesda Collection have Steam Games? What Games are in? How long does it last? And where do i get it cheaper?

The Site is currently offline.

hmm Splinter Cell Conviction is a bit old now...I figured that I would have little to no trouble running this game. Getting odd framerate drops here and there just walking around in this game. I have a GTX 570, i72600K, and 8GB RAM. Turned the HDR stuff off with little to no change. Turned HDR back on and turned down the AA to 4xMSAA. Still little to no change. Must be the ambient occlusion?

Does the Bethesda Collection have Steam Games? What Games are in? How long does it last? And where do i get it cheaper?

What's in it. All of it are Steam activated. I doubt you'll find it cheaper.
Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
for $28.76

Toki767

They're all Steam games.

So far I've managed to extract Skyrim, Oblivion, Rage, and Dishonored keys. I'm willing to part with the Skyrim and Rage key, otherwise I may just donate it to Opiate for GAF Bingo Night.

Martian

How long is the bethesda game bundle on sale for 91%

I have to leave in a minute and it isn't doing anything.

Is it 24 hrs?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/503017/503017,1329315276,1/stock-photo-torn-shoe-isolated-on-a-white-background-95228071.jpg[/IM G]

You may have to add something to this deal.[/QUOTE]

Probably will end up throwing it in the Gaf bingo. Alongside some other games.

metalshade

All steam codes.
Nearly all beth games including dishonored, skyrim and the 2 new fallouts.
Might be an error so people are rushing it, small chance its actually real though.
You wont get it cheaper its $28.

How long is the bethesda game bundle on sale for 91%

I have to leave in a minute and it isn't doing anything.

Is it 24 hrs?

Its an error more likely but they haven't corrected it yet (i guess everyone has gone home for the holidays?). The site being fucking busted is helping them in a way

Pachinko

There's just not as many games I'm interesting in buying this year so far... all the stuff that's normally 50-60 is 25-30 but none of it I really want at that price. Then there's stuff that's 20-40 dollars selling for around half off as well and ... it's just not enough.

I'd buy DMC3/4 and RE5 if they were 4.99 each, hell throw dead rising 2 in there as well for 4.99 and yeah. 20 bucks for those is about my limit. Also I'd be more tempted to grab SFXtekken if it sounded like they were still supporting it but it ... seems they are not.

Dishonoured/skyrim for 25-30$ ... nah. I'd consider skyrim for 20$ though...

spec ops the line- 15$ ..... I was kind of hoping for 10$
Doom 3 BFG edition- I own doom 3 and res of evil already so 4.99 or bust

So far though I did pick up RPG maker VX ace.

Anyone willed to sell Dishonored from that bundle for 5€? (Yeah i know its not much but i dont have more and want at least one present for christmas)

M.D

Anyone here who already bought one bundle willing to try again (I'm waiting for confirmation email for my account), and I will return the money via PayPal?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Alright, finally, after 1:30 hours, managed to buy and purge from Gamersgate keys for Dishonored and Skyrim from my friend's account (he was bitching about having to wake up in 5 hours and couldn't do it himself, so he gave me his passwords and paypal information).

Those are the only two games from the bundle on his Steam account and he told me I could sell them on here for the "best price I could get".

So I'm guessing 15 bucks for Skyrim and 15 or 10 or whatever for Dishonored. I can't receive GIFTs from Paypal, so I can't sell them for cheaper.

PM me if there's anybody interested.

Toki767

There's just not as many games I'm interesting in buying this year so far... all the stuff that's normally 50-60 is 25-30 but none of it I really want at that price. Then there's stuff that's 20-40 dollars selling for around half off as well and ... it's just not enough.

I'd buy DMC3/4 and RE5 if they were 4.99 each, hell throw dead rising 2 in there as well for 4.99 and yeah. 20 bucks for those is about my limit. Also I'd be more tempted to grab SFXtekken if it sounded like they were still supporting it but it ... seems they are not.

Lots of people here would be willing to sell you Skyrim for $15 lol

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The only good things I have heard about Double Agent, is from the xbox version. I played the 360 version, which was a mess. Don't know about the pc version. Conviction (it seems) breaks the mold of previous SC games.

It looks interesting. Have you played it? Would you recommend it?

Yeah, I finished the single player and most of the co-op. The single player is straight forward and quite easy due to the mark and execute feature (subdue a guy silently with melee, then gain the ability to tag 3 the next three for automatic head shots) and the fact that every 30 to 40 minutes you can access supply crates to refill ammo and change out your entire inventory to whatever guns you've unlocked. There is also a last seen feature where if the guards spot you, the game will place a outline of your last known position (this is a pretty good addition to the series). It's quite short though so you should finish it in around 5-7 hours at the most, just note that the game references and features people from the previous instalments in the series.

Co-op is a separate campaign with two generic operators. You can upgrade you the type and level of armor multiple times throughout. The levels are more complex than the single player and better thought out. There are a lot of fun moments to be had actually and really fun if you have a friend to play with you (you can also finish the co-op by yourself and still enjoy it.) There are a few other co-op multiplayer modes that you might be interested in.

TL;DR By itself it's a quality mainstream third person shooter with stealth moments, but Splinter Cell fans will be disappointed in the shift.

Amazon has a 3 pack of Spec Ops, Bioshock, and Bioshock 2 (all activate on steam) for $10 right now.

jediyoshi

DMC4 $4.76
https://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/devil-may-cry-4/
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

RE5 $7
https://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/resident-evil-5/

both steam keys

you can get DMC 4 for about 4.75 at GMG if you use their 30% coupon,

Codeblue

Wasn't Spec Ops + Bioshock 1 and 2 like $10 on Amazon?

Cade

Anybody with an extra Brink copy, lemme know if there's anything you want for it. I've almost caved at $5 just to play the bot matches, but I declined. Now I reckon there's gonna be boatloads of people with unwanted Brinks. :p

Shepard

You can get Spec Ops the line + Bioshock 1+2 for 9,99USD on Amazon

Sye d'Burns

Anybody with an extra Brink copy, lemme know if there's anything you want for it. I've almost caved at $5 just to play the bot matches, but I declined. Now I reckon there's gonna be boatloads of people with unwanted Brinks. :p

Shoot me a pm with your steam id.

Dishonored is gone. I still have keys for brink and skyrim that I managed to pull before gamersgate got stingy again.

Sober

Have most of the Bethesda games except maybe RAGE is all I really need out of there, but want to get it for my brother.

I thought buying stuff on the internet wasn't supposed to be as aggravating as doing it in a store though, hah.

Echoplx

So is that actually a pricing error or is it legit? I don't even know anymore. I got hooked up with Dishonored so I'm done with trying :p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well I'm looking to buy Rage or Dishonored from anyone who doesn't want either. PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom