• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
I think I managed to register an account, it says the name and email is already in use (pressed the register key multiple times). Now to try and log in.

Unrelated, but I just saw that X-COM for PS3/360 is $25, should I get it? I heard it's really good, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Is it playable on consoles, or better on PC?

It's always better on PC.

But I played through the demo using an Xbox 360 controller on PC and found it extremely playable. If you don't mind the lower resolution of the console version, then it's totally fine.

KPJZKC

I've been waiting on the verification email for like 20 minutes now, this sucks ass.

Do you need to verify before you can purchase? I accidentally locked out my old account by putting in the wrong password too many times - considering making a new account to buy the pack.

M.D

Do I need to verify my email if I just registered an account? I managed to register an account, but no email was sent. I refreshed the checkout page and it showed that I'm logged into my account, but when I pressed confirm order it sent me to a page telling me I must be logged in

ghibli99

Been avoiding most (it's kinda sad how many I already have, but haven't played yet), but had to get the PoP Collection and Ys Origin deals. All that content for less than $18 is too good to pass up.

xJavonta

Banned
Bought DMC4 for PC even though I already own it on 360. The port is really well done actually. Runs at a rock solid 60 FPS for me with everything on high, but there aren't many options in the settings menu for those of you that love tons of config options.

Definitely worth the $5 I paid for it to give it another shot (got it at GMG with a voucher)

Toki767

So far all I've been able to get out of Gamer's Gate is a Skyrim and Rage key lol. This site is going to be hammered all night I bet.

Sye d'Burns

I managed to get to the point that paypal has processed the charge. I went to view my games and I'm now logged out. Yayyyyy :-|

If I ever manage to get in, I'm probably going to sell / trade everything out. There's some new CK2 and EUIII dlc that probably won't see a sale, stuff like that.

Payment To Gamersgate AB Completed

FINALLY! Been trying this shit for about an hour now.

Ha Ha Hahahahahah... I hope you're not in a hurry. Now the wait begins in earnest. Every time I think I've almost acquired a key, I somehow end up logged back out. I'm about ready to say forget it.

I don't even know why I bought the damned pack. I own almost everything in it.

Bah!

steadfast

Do you need to verify before you can purchase? I accidentally locked out my old account by putting in the wrong password too many times - considering making a new account to buy the pack.

Yup.

I managed to get signed in, put it in my cart, selected PayPal and hit confirm...then the dreaded "click here to verify email"

KPJZKC

Yup.

I managed to get signed in, put it in my cart, selected PayPal and hit confirm...then the dreaded "click here to verify email"

Bugger it so! If it's a daily deal like the rest it's only up for another hour anyway. Time to go to bed! Good luck everyone!

LuuKyK

Yeah, this has been really slow. I only bought Ys Origins from these two days. But we still have a lot of days ahead of us, so I'm hopeful. :p

So far all I've been able to get out of Gamer's Gate is a Skyrim and Rage key lol. This site is going to be hammered all night I bet.
I have yet to get my payment through. I don't even make it to the paypal page anymore. Site is still being hammered.
Maybe people will fall asleep so I can finally load a page.

Xyber

Ha Ha Hahahahahah... I hope you're not in a hurry. Now the wait begins in earnest. Every time I think I've almost acquired a key, I somehow end up logged back out. I'm about ready to say forget it.

I don't even know why I bought the damned pack. I own almost everything in it.

Bah!

Don't you ruin this for me now, don't you dare!

Xyber

got to the paypal page. clicked the button to submit and it errored. should i reload? lol.

edit: nevermind. it went through.

Go back to the page with the link to paypal if you still have it up. That's what I did over and over until it worked.

Damn, I just bought RPG Maker a few days ago for $70. Now it's $35. Oh well, getting Legend of Grimrock for $3.74 makes up for it. Totally my kind of game. Makes me think of Eye of the Beholder and stuff like Ultima Underworld.

Oops I voted for Sandbox Universe.

Sorry everyone. =(

EDIT: Picked up Ys: Oath of Felghana(Played through the PSP version...it'll be nice having the game at a decent frame-rate) and Sacred 2 Gold.

Damn, I just bought RPG Maker a few days ago for $70. Now it's $35. Oh well, getting Legend of Grimrock for $3.74 makes up for it. Totally my kind of game. Makes me think of Eye of the Beholder and stuff like Ultima Underworld.

never buy anything unless it shows on today's deal or flash deal tbh lol. always count on sales coming up ;P

robotnik

-Ib: a girl and her family go to an art museum, and soon she gets sucked into a world in a painting and goes on a surreal puzzle adventurer while trying to find a way to escape with a guy named Garry and a girl named Mary. Can find download here: http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/ib.htm
Amazing game. Everyone should play it.

Got my first present.
ed7X6.png

Much appreciated, dot!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My friend gifted me Dishonored. Pretty cool.

Kind of want to snag the DLC now, but I should probably play the game first to see if I even, y'know, like this thing.

M.D

"Please check your e-mail for further instructions."

I have a feeling it's gonna be a while before I see that email

Well . . . Isn't there a demo you could try?

I loved it and played 2 times now. I got the DLC recently but that wasn't much a big deal.

Had no idea there was a demo. I guess I'll download it when I'm done trying to buying this bundle =p

I think I managed to register an account, it says the name and email is already in use (pressed the register key multiple times). Now to try and log in.

Unrelated, but I just saw that X-COM for PS3/360 is $25, should I get it? I heard it's really good, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Is it playable on consoles, or better on PC?
Well . . . Isn't there a demo you could try?

I loved it and played 2 times now. I got the DLC recently but that wasn't much a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom