• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Kinda bummed about this steam sale.

I think it's the lack of meta activities (like the coal from last year). It actually gave me incentive to play the games I bought LOL

I do like that they made a requirement to gift a game to somebody for the badge though. Spread dat cheer.

Coen

Well, that Xcom deal is disappointing. It topped my wish list, but I'll guess I'm going to have to wait for a next Steam sale.

HoosTrax

Everyone should have gotten Hotline Miami by now. It's been on sale during Autumn Sale and a Weekend Sale.

I voted for Primordia.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I bought the GamersGate Bethesda bundle last night before bed but didn't get the keys yet. I woke up today and saw the message about it being a price mistake. Am I SOL on getting keys for the games right now?

If you bought the bundle, you should be able to get your keys here http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games They've run out of keys for several of the game, so you'll have to wait to get those.

And what's the ETA on those keys? January?

BcUBb.png

Friendly reminder: Still have one Skyrim for 15 bones through paypal.

jediyoshi

I may just be missing it, but where do i get the keys? I click on the game and I don't see an option to show keys.

On the right column under the game art there's text that reads Activation Code: and then a button that says Show serial key. Pretty sure all the keys for the beth bundle are out though

I'm really hoping for a Max Payne 3 and Secret World deal.

$15 a piece probably?

MP3 definitely, wouldn't be surprised if there was already a $15 deal out already. Secret World's a good bet too.

I was wanting XCom, but I was hoping for a little more of a cut. :/

So far baught:
Darksiders 2 - Amazon
CS:GO
Monkey Island
Universe Sandbox

I really hope today's dailies are good.

mneuro

On the right column under the game art there's text that reads Activation Code: and then a button that says Show serial key. Pretty sure all the keys for the beth bundle are out though

They must be out. There isn't a link or anything saying "activation code" or anything under the art. I'm going to ask for a refund. Thanks for the info though!

cicero

New flash deals

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $33.49 (-33%)
Counter Strike: Global Offensive - $7.49 (-75%)
Unmechanical - $2.49 (-75%)

This sale sucks :(

-75% off of Counter Strike: Global Offensive would actually work out to $3.75, so I am guessing that they meant to say 50%. Going to wait until it actually hits -75%.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
They must be out. There isn't a link or anything saying "activation code" or anything under the art. I'm going to ask for a refund. Thanks for the info though!

If you just bought the bundle there's a 5-10 minute period which you can only GIFT the games you buy on Gamersgate and cannot retrieve the keys.

Since they ran out of keys, maybe you're not getting out of the "gifting" period?

I'd wait: 28 bucks for all these games is an amazing deal.

Deques

My damage so far:

Darksiders bundle - $13 - Amazon
Bethesda bundle - $28 - Gamersgate
Cargo Commander - ~$0.5 - Gamersgate
Resident Evil 5 - $7 - Greenmangaming

What is wrong with me? Nothing from Steam?

Edit: Was gifted Harley Quinn's Revenge by a fellow gaffer

Just posted this on the Linux gaming thread:

FTL is 25% off right now in the official page, and it includes a Steam key as well as a DRM free version through the Humble Bundle page (the last one was a nice surprise, as I have most of those bundles and it's becoming a pseudo-Steam for me). This actually makes it CHEAPER than just buying the Steam key here in Europe.

KingKong

So is Amnesia Dark Descent good?

All I know about it is that its a horror adventure game and you have to actually open doors and drag objects, is that right?

Scythian

Voted for Primordia, and I think I'll actually get it if it gets chosen, but it's likely it won't happen :/
I also wanted Global Offensive for $5, I'm not sure if I'll bite for $7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom