• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far -

M&M Clash of Heroes - Amazon
Dead Island GOTY - Amazon
Legend of Grimrock - Steam
Beat Hazard - Steam
Sine Mora - Steam
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident - Steam

However, the top of my wish list - XCOM, Fallen Enchantress, Chivalry, FTL - remains el suckorama.

mneuro

If you just bought the bundle there's a 5-10 minute period which you can only GIFT the games you buy on Gamersgate and cannot retrieve the keys.

Since they ran out of keys, maybe you're not getting out of the "gifting" period?

I'd wait: 28 bucks for all these games is an amazing deal.

I bought it at around 1 AM EST.

Vaati

Banned
So is Amnesia Dark Descent good?

All I know about it is that its a horror adventure game and you have to actually open doors and drag objects, is that right?

One of the best games this generation. Get it.

- -

I'm going to try not to buy much this sale so I don't inflate my backlog. I'm waiting for a good sale on FTL but that's it.

So is Amnesia Dark Descent good?

All I know about it is that its a horror adventure game and you have to actually open doors and drag objects, is that right?

Yes, its amazing. Just know that there isn't combat and you're there for the atmosphere and running for your life. Easily one of my favorite games of the past couple years. If you can get into the atmosphere of the game and you don't mind feeling an overwhelming sense of dread while playing it, go for it. Its about 7 -8 hours or so plus it has a free DLC campaign that is maybe even better than the original game itself. Totally worth it for $5.

I'm hearing a lot of rage about FTL. What's that all about?

Its a great game. Check out the Giant Bomb Quick Look to give you an idea of what its all about.

The integration of the Holiday Sale into Big Picture Mode is pretty awful. Or am I missing how to do it? It still has a fallout daily deal and red orchestra weekend deal, the holiday sale dailies aren't described as such, can't vote, etc.

wha wah when did this happen how did I miss it

Nabs

Holy crap. I hope you guys are jumping on that Sleeping Dogs deal from GMG. It comes out to 11.60 with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 and you get cash/credit back?

Sort of on the fence about getting Universe Sandbox after I heard about the news of the bigger and better version probably priming itself for a 2013 release. Anyone with the game currently wish to give their thoughts on the package as is?

This round of flash sales was pretty garbage, still holding out for a $2.50 Awesomenauts and $5.00 Portal 2 (Yeah, still haven't played it.)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
FYI for everyone who was trying/succeeding at the Bethesda GamersGate deal, I just checked my order history and there were 2 duplicate orders pending in addition to the successfully completed order. They probably would have been canceled on their end, but I canceled them myself just to be safe and avoid potential future hassle.

a link for convenience http://www.gamersgate.com/account/orders

Holy crap. I hope you guys are jumping on that Sleeping Dogs deal from GMG. It comes out to 11.60 with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 and you get cash/credit back?

I sure did :) Knocked Devil May Cry 4 off my steam wishlist for nothing(Using the $6 credit, also 30% off coupon) lol...

PC gaming for life :)

Sleeping Dogs is a terrific game and apparently they just released a patch that fixes a nagging issue people were having with stuttering. I can happily recommend it to just about anyone.

M.D

FYI for everyone who was trying/succeeding at the Bethesda GamersGate deal, I just checked my order history and there were 2 duplicate orders pending in addition to the successfully completed order. They probably would have been canceled on their end, but I canceled them myself just to be safe and avoid potential future hassle.

That's what I'm counting on! I can only confirm my credit card on PayPal tomorrow, so I won't be able to pay today. they won't cancel them after a day... right? RIGHT?

Is simplygames a pretty reliable retailer? X-COM for approximately 20 USD is what I wanted from Steam, but alas..

I bought two Steam games there (including XCOM), both arrived in a few minutes and I had no problems.
The only "negative" thing is that you only get your key as an email and can't look it up on the site in the future, but that really doesn't matter 99% of the time.

I want Unmechanical, but that game just screams HIB7 bonus game to me, so I'll wait.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's what I'm counting on! they won't cancel them after a day... right? RIGHT?

Oh, right. I guess a lot of people probably want duplicates. I don't know, if I were them I'd cancel those and say they didn't transact before the deal expired.

I have to wonder how much money they actually lost. It was a huge pricing mistake (and it lasted for, what, over 3 hours?) but it was also really hard to get the purchase through.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Currently on the hook for:

All the Splinter Cell games
All the Prince of Persia games
And two of the Rainbow Six games I was missing

I have all the Ghost Recon games except for Future Soldier; but since I have FS on the X360, I'll wait for it to drop further next year.

Holding out for Mark of the Ninja and Hotline Miami.

I asked for X-Com, AssCreed3, and FarCry 3 for Christmas, so I won't buy any of those until possibly after the 25th.

LuuKyK

Voted for Primordia. :)

So far the only damage remains Ys Origins, and I was gifted Critter Crunch by a fellow gaffer.

I was just about to buy Mirrors Edge, but I will wait for something that I haven't played yet, even if its really tempting. I'm surprised at myself tbh.

mr_toa

a link for convenience http://www.gamersgate.com/account/orders

thanks for the headsup - I actually had a duplicate hanging there that I cancelled, ahh well less keys for them to hustle from bethesda :)

Sanic

How's post launch support been for Global Offensive, and does anyone have any thoughts on the game's outlook in general?

I've never really gotten into CS, but I was in the GO beta and liked what I played.

krae_man

I am eyeing that as well, I realized I only had 2 of the tomb raiders.

I don't really need the newer ones since I already bought the Tomb Raider Trilogy on PS3. But I would like to play the PS1 games and replay Angel of Darkness at some point.

Nabs

How's post launch support been for Global Offensive, and does anyone have any thoughts on the game's outlook in general?

I've never really gotten into CS, but I was in the GO beta and liked what I played.

I played it during the recent Free Weekend and it was great. They added competitive 5v5 matchmaking like Dota. They screwed up by not delaying the game until then.

Wok

Unmechanical is mine. Enjoyed the demo. Big fan of physics based gameplay.

I bought the game as well. I was reluctant at first because I may have already finished it when it was a beta/demo one year ago. We will see if they improved what I played back then.

How much is XCOM for US peeps on gamefly.com? It's 50% off on gamefly.co.uk. Starting 10 AM PST there supposedly will be a one use 10% off code (HOLIDAY10). So maybe that'll bring down XCOM to acceptable levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom