• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

Aww man January? Should've grabbed my Bethesda keys yesterday before going to bed. Ah well, no biggie.

Buying CSGO gift copies. Everyone should buy it if they're ever loved CS in their life (and even if they didn't). Great old classic CounterStrike prettied up and now with a great UI and 5v5 matchmaking system (with skill ranks!). Perfect for those looking for a change of pace from all the unbalanced and bar filling braindead shooters out there. They keep touching it up every week too.
CS GO is awesome! Everyone needs to get in on this new counter strike game.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I do have a copy of Skyrim I selling from that bundle if anyone is interested. It's the only key I got because I activated it last night.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I got my key from simplygames almost immediately. Probably the best deal we'll see for XCOM (I hope).

And, no, not region specific.

Edit: It was a pre-purchase key, so I got some extra DLC as well.

Platy

Probably already posted, but ...

DjG45.jpg

Manager

One site was selling Russian Steam-redeemable CD Keys acquired with Stolen Credit Cards. Some accounts got temporarily suspended for redeeming those keys, while others just had the games removed from their accounts. Of course, they never got any refunds from the sites selling those keys.

A MOD here on GAF, seeing these events, banned mentioning of any sites that sell russian-based cd keys (in other words, cheap cd-key only games), and some legit web stores (like Green Man gaming) got caught in the crossfire.

Either way, the point is moot nowadays, because every Russian game is region-restricted to Russia. However, some shady sites (and the one posted on this thread about x-com is not one of those) still sell keys bought with stolen credit cards. They're not as cheap as they used to be, but you can easily tell which are those websites (misspells all over the website, poor translations, poor interface).

The site i'm talking about still sells cd keys, and I'm stuck in their mailing list. I can't remove myself from it.

I've heard of those, I was just surprised to see Simplygames being mentioned as one. I still haven't seen anything saying that they sell fishy keys?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I've heard of those, I was just surprised to see Simplygames being mentioned as one. I still haven't seen anything saying that they sell fishy keys?

They probably don't. It's just people overreacted about sites selling steam-redeemable keys since that incident.

Like I said, there's people to this day that wonder if GreenManGaming is a legit website.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Anyone think Dark Souls will be discounted more than 30% on Steam? I can get it for $28 from GMG right now...Actually, is it even worth getting the pc version?

Absolutely, some fiddling with extracting a mod to the install folder and setting up an .ini file, but once that's done and dealt with, it's a great experience on PC. Looks great too :)

metalshade

Voted Primordia, but I expect that, as always, the game with the soldiers in it will win by quite a margin.
Such an unimaginative bunch.

Well, able to redeem Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas for my bro before no more keys. So I'm waiting until mid January for them to get more? T_T Couldn't reclaim any other keys. Damn.

nowai

Well balls. Figured I was set with Gamersgate by getting the games in my library...mom always said sleep was for people that don't want cheap game codes.

Steam won't let me purchase Amnesia. I have enough money in my wallet, but I'm in Italy right now, and my account was created in Austria.

That's what I get:
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Is there anything I can do, contacting support seems like a nightmare, and the sale is over in 4 hours.

Minion101

Banned
I'm so bummed I have no stuff to buy this year (already bought everything) that I just bought The Sims 3 and an xpac. Instant buyers remorse.

kewlmyc

I'm looking out for Far Cry 3, but it's probably too new to get a serious discount. Also I'll wait till the summer sale to get Dishonored. $30 is still too much for a 10 hour game with no multiplayer or NG+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom