• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

Well I've been traveling and sick for the last 2 weeks so I missed all the deals over the break:/ Thankfully they extended the sale! I grabbed the Telltale pack because I'm in an adventure mood and of all the Walking Dead hype. Hope it's good.

Anyone want a copy of Walking Dead? I'm willing to gift a copy to the first 5 people to PM me.

Happy New Year to NeoGAF!

Wow, generous. I don't need a copy, but man, that's pretty cool of you.

EDIT: You won't be disappointed. Great story. Though look into the glitch that I hear the PC version has, I'd play it with that in mind so that you won't encounter that problem.

Well I've been traveling and sick for the last 2 weeks so I missed all the deals over the break:/ Thankfully they extended the sale! I grabbed the Telltale pack because I'm in an adventure mood and of all the Walking Dead hype. Hope it's good.

Anyone want a copy of Walking Dead? I'm willing to gift a copy to the first 5 people to PM me.

Wow. I already own the game but I just wanted to say that is very generous of you.

MRORANGE

just over 12 hours until all the normal deals end:

t1357408800z0.png

What will most likely be repeated:

- Best selling games of each day from daily sales
- Community choice deals
- Best selling flash deals

Wow, incredible! I bet I was way too late, but still.. incredible!

Sober

just over 12 hours until all the normal deals end:

t1357408800z0.png

What will most likely be repeated:

- Best selling games of each day from daily sales
- Community choice deals
- Best selling flash deals
Seeing as the pool of games that went on featured sales was so small...

Maybe they'll all just show up at the end.

One can hope.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
You would need their email.

It just automatically adds the recipient to your friends list anyway.
Yep, have done it this way before.

I don't mind having a bunch of people on my friends list but I know some want to keep it down to people they're actually close to. Would be kinda nice if you could gift things to people without necessarily needing to be "friends", IMO...

Well I really want the Crysis collection but I held off considering Crysis 3 launches soon and I assume that they'll offer it again at that time, and perhaps with a price drop on Crysis 2.

Chivalry and FTL are my two most wanted "cheap" games that for some reason I never pulled the trigger on the entire sale.

IF anyone's got some extra bucks, I'd love to get Witcher 2+RAGE, I'm good for the money through paypal in by the 10th of this month. (payday)

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Duly spreading the love. You're a good man, I'd rather have you add me as a friend Iinstead. I need friends to play games I already have!

Oh you wouldn't want me on your list, I barely have time to actually play games. My backlog is as big as all of yours:)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think I will make Port Royale 2 my final purchase. Ugh, my wishlist ended up growing, instead of shirking.

Sysgen

During this sale I count 70 games purchased from Steam,Amazon, Gamersgate and I think IndieGameStand or obtained via gift. Some of those in bundles like the Bethesda bundle so it's not near 70 purchases :)

Fantomex

Gonna have to add $10 to the wallet to buy sleeping dogs. Ramen is good though right guys? Wish I could just add $5.20!!!!!!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dupy's a good dude.

I can't believe Primordia never showed up as a deal. :(

I can believe it.

Gotta make room for things like Torchlight or w/e, just in case someone out there missed it the first eighteen times.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been curious, seeing the numerous and expensive expansions, does The Sims give you missions? Like I play Pharoah and Zeus and they give me goals to attain. Does The Sims have something similar among its more open gameplay? I can't imagine myself playing such a thing for long without something like that.

The Sims owns. It gets a rep for being escapism for lonely people but it's actually a really unique and deep rpg/simulation game.

My daughter loves the game. She bought it for PS3 when Best Buy had The Sims 3 Pets Edition on sale for five bucks. Best five bucks she has ever spent.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can't thank you enough Dupy. You're a great person!

Oh yes, I'm sure it is! I hope you enjoy it too :)

I've been curious, seeing the numerous and expensive expansions, does The Sims give you missions? Like I play Pharoah and Zeus and they give me goals to attain. Does The Sims have something similar among its more open gameplay? I can't imagine myself playing such a thing for long without something like that.
I don't know about the recent PC games (I only played TS1 and a little bit of TS2), but if you want missions a la RPG quests, your best bet would be tracking down a copy of the GBA Sims games. The Sims: Bustin' Out and The Urbz: Sims in the City are among my favorite games on that console, and make me wonder how Maxis/EA didn't release a game like these on a home console or PC.

Dice

Guys I want to try Rage but I have a 5850 and I'm scared. What do I do?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys I want to try Rage but I have a 5850 and I'm scared. What do I do?

Either ignore it or tempt fate.

Eh? Unless you have an ancient CPU, a 5850 should be more than enough for Rage.

I have a 4870 and I currently play it at locked 60. Or close to it.

Yes, but the game is notoriously temperamental, particularly with AMD cards. I don't think Corky ever got the game to run perfectly and he's on Team Green.

Dice

Eh? Unless you have an ancient CPU, a 5850 should be more than enough for Rage.

I have a 4870 and I currently play it at locked 60. Or close to it.
I heard ATI doesn't do it right.

Also note that I'm psychotic about AA (got Witcher 2 day one and haven't played it because I couldn't get AA to work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom