• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

This happened yesterday during one of the Flash Deal changes. It'll go back to the Winter Sale page in a few minutes, just be patient.

Kammie

Crappy sale or no crappy sale, the normal storefront is just depressing. I know I'm not the only one that feels a void inside going back to it after every sale.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
From Dust seems interesting. Might pick it up depending on what is on sale tomorrow morning.

What is gaf voting for? I already own DI and Amnesia. I have no interest in L4D2.

Eusis

Is From Dust 60FPS. I remember hearing it was locked @ 30
You unlock it and it goes double speed, so yes, 30 and not even v-synced. Then again people managed to get Dark Souls working at 60, so who knows if a miracle can be pulled with this. Still, at that price I AM tempted.

Tizoc

Freedom...fails...Steam has no dignity and taste confirmed =/
Whatevs, Happy New Year guys and gals!
EDIT: I'd like impressions for From Dust & Hero Academy. Does HA have a good SP mode?

epmode

You unlock it and it goes double speed

The game doesn't run in double-speed at 60 FPS but the physics are calculated at 30 so you run into some really bizarre problems if you unlock the framerate. For example, rivers run way too fast and the map quickly turns into a swamp.

SparkTR

So how's the PC port for From Dust nowadays? I remember there was problems when it came out originaly.

Main issues were it was locked at 30fps and the controls sucked (they sucked on 360 as well). UPlay was a self contained launcher that I didn't have any issues with. The game itself is nice and has cool mechanics, but it's kind of simplistic and isn't that long. Considering who designed this game, it's a massive disappointment.

Megasoum

Banned
Main issues were it was locked at 30fps and the controls sucked (they sucked on 360 as well). UPlay was a self contained launcher that I didn't have any issues with. The game itself is nice and has cool mechanics, but it's kind of simplistic and isn't that long. Considering who designed this game, it's a massive disappointment.

Ok but it has native 360 pad support I imagine? So at worst, it's exactly like on console?

Hmm.. might go for it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ima stay away from it. I brought driver:sf, and it isn't pretty. Don't think I will support ubi and their half assed ports.

Echoplx

From Dust is probably not worth 3.75, it's about 5 hours long and not really challenging at all, in fact the hardest part of the game was fighting against the horrible mouse controls, plus the port is horrible on a technical level with uplay and all.

dani_dc

Didn't the game also have an activation limit as well as always online DRM?
Or am I misremembering/were those patched out?

Aaron

You have to be one the dust to enjoy From Dust... if you know what I'm saying.

I'm saying it's a bad game.

I'm tempted by From Dust but I need to stop supporting Ubisoft and their crappy ports.

Resist!

Sometimes we see other games get dragged in, or people vote in with that hope. I don't think I've been seeing that this sale, at the least when Deponia went on sale it didn't bring the other Daedalic games with it, and I know people voted for that (and failed) in hope of that.

I would've liked to see that happen this sale. I bought Deponia and have been enjoying it. Now that I know it's part of a series, it would have been cool to have the others included, but I'm just glad to have discovered it.

Raven77

I'm going to chime in on From Dust.

If you enjoy the land shaping (terraforming) aspects of city building games and God games, you will LOVE IT.

I literally spent 2 hours on one of the levels just re-directing lava and making an enormous lava pit. So awesome.

Tizoc

I'm tempted by From Dust but I need to stop supporting Ubisoft and their crappy ports.

Get Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes then, it's a great Match 3+RPG hybrid. Linking units and grinding for EXP has never been so much fun.
I should consider making a giveaway of it if it goes on sale for a bigger discount....

J-Tier

I'm going to chime in on From Dust.

If you enjoy the land shaping (terraforming) aspects of city building games and God games, you will LOVE IT.

I literally spent 2 hours on one of the levels just re-directing lava and making an enormous lava pit. So awesome.

TBH, I enjoyed it too. But I'm a sucker for ANY simulation game, so that's where I have bias. I remember building up lava, and redirecting rivers, and felt badass doing it.

When do their new deals go live?
I can't say exactly when, but what I can tell you is that it won't be when the counter on their website reaches 0. That would be too logical.

*Since the whole Borderlands 2 fiasco, they have pushed the deal back 2-3 hours after the countdown. The deals seem to filter through one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom