• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I can't say exactly when, but what I can tell you is that it won't be when the counter on their website reaches 0. That would be too logical.

I came back once when the countdown was done, and the new deals never went live. Reason I asked.

When does the Amazon deal for Dark Souls end?

The 5th if I'm not mistaken. You could use the $5 credit in a few hours. So wait it out.

I came back once when the countdown was done, and the new deals never went live. Reason I asked.

I wasn't having a go at you for the record, what I meant was their countdown is totally pointless. Nothing happens when it reaches 0. The deals can sometimes go live 2-3 hours after, it's a bit of a guessing game now.

Edit - I had a look at when I took the screenshots of their last price errors. It was 15 hours ago, so maybe keep an eye out in 9 hours time?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wasn't having a go at you for the record, what I meant was their countdown is totally pointless. Nothing happens when it reaches 0. The deals can sometimes go live 2-3 hours after, it's a bit of a guessing game now.

Edit - I had a look at when I took the screenshots of their last price errors. It was 15 hours ago, so maybe keep an eye out in 9 hours time?

Yeah, I figured it was a stab at them. The deals have been all over the place. Thanks though!

What happened?

They put a 4 pack of BL2 keys for $5.

Speevy, Amazon is up for me.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah, I figured it was a stab at them. The deals have been all over the place. Thanks though!

They put a 4 pack of BL2 keys for $5.

However, I got into the Bethesda deal between 5:00AM and 7:00AM my local time. I remember because I had to stay up that long to buy 3 copies of the bundle (two for me and one for a friend).

It's now 3:13AM.

legacyzero

Banned
So is From Dust a piece of shit port still? I loved it on 360, but I hope the PC version is better, at least image quality wise.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
However, I got into the Bethesda deal between 5:00AM and 7:00AM my local time. I remember because I had to stay up that long to buy 3 copies of the bundle (two for me and one for a friend).

It's now 3:13AM.

I checked the time stamp of when I emailed my friend about the mistake, it was 7:30 pm est. The BL2 deal went up around 5am if I'm not mistaken.

What $5 credit?

For the past two months or so, if you brought any download, you were given a $5 credit to use in Jan, on select games. DS will be one of those games. So the price will be $14.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Big E, you could probably still get in on it, just grab any low price DLC. That will give you the credit as well.

dani_dc

Wait they only put the original Thief on sale and not the collection?
Gaben pls
They've been doing that for the entire sale I believe, anytime a game goes up to community vote it's just the game people are voting, so unless the vote specifies the collection we're only getting one game.

If you bought any game digitally from Amazon in the month of December, you'll get a $5 credit redeemable on Editor's Picks (or whatever is the amazon equivalent) in January.

Dark Souls is one of them.

This is the list so far, not sure if it's final or not.

Hoping that Steam has 50% off in FM2013 and TWD (maybe in a repeat day on the 4th/5th as they usually do, though with so many repeats so far I'm unsure if they'll do that) so that Amazon price matches.

Tizoc

They've been doing that for the entire sale I believe, anytime a game goes up to community vote it's just the game people are voting, so unless the vote specifies the collection we're only getting one game.

This is the list so far, not sure if it's final or not.

Hoping that Steam has 50% off in FM2013 and TWD (maybe in a repeat day on the 4th/5th as they usually do, though with so many repeats so far I'm unsure if they'll do that) so that Amazon price matches.

Can I use the $5 code with Hotline Miami? At any rate hardly any of those games interest me.

Shepard

Happy New Year guys, now officially from Brazil :D

Just waiting to buy Dark Souls and I'm 100% done, spent way too much this sales, mostly not on steam.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Can I use the $5 code with Hotline Miami? At any rate hardly any of those games interest me.

If I'm not mistaken, Tony said the system wouldn't let any games go for free. So anything for $5 or lower, is off limits.

Happy New Year guys, now officially from Brazil :D

Just waiting to buy Dark Souls and I'm 100% done, spent way too much this sales, mostly not on steam.

Happy New Years dude!

Tizoc

If I'm not mistaken, Tony said the system wouldn't let any games go for free. So anything for $5 or lower, is off limits.
Oh that I know about, Hotline Miami is showing as 7.50 dollars or so, so I'd be getting it for under $5 haha.

Eusis

Happy New Years dude!
Not surprised after GTAIV. Though for me that was more like an entitlement to the PC version after getting the 360 version (albeit for $30, but then I got the DLC for $15 each so I sort of paid $60), then retroactively just the option to use the ENB mod since I also got the game on Steam. Too bad I thought it looked like shit, so I'm just sticking with that Steam copy, but it's nice to keep the option around.

I also got DNF for a $1, but that should've been free for an entirely different reason. And at any rate unless I get multiple codes I'm set on Secret World barring some surprise anyway.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oh that I know about, Hotline Miami is showing as 7.50 dollars or so, so I'd be getting it for under $5 haha.

Sweet. Didn't see that. Probably pick it up for a few gaffers here.

That list is terrible.

jediyoshi

I believe that restriction was just for those publisher specific coupons from a couple days back. I don't think they'd point to a list of games as eligible for the credit and list some that weren't for the hell of it :p

Echoplx

Amazon Editors Choice coupon should go live in 2 hours, I am quite terrible with time though so don't quote me on that

Jawmuncher

Looking at the amazon list. I think a lot of people will be grabbing Hotline and Dead. Everything else has had cheaper prices currently. Unless the lower prices during January but not sure if that was the case last year.

Looking at the amazon list. I think a lot of people will be grabbing Hotline and Dead. Everything else has had cheaper prices currently. Unless the lower prices during January but not sure if that was the case last year.

I'll be grabbing Dark Souls for myself and housemate. Considering the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle as well.

Echoplx

Last year they apparently did price matches on other stores sales throughout January, and that list isn't final yet.

Meier

Just goofed and realized I could get Hotline Miami for cheaper due to the Amazon $5 off coupon I have. Anyone want to gift me FTL in exchange for Hotline Miami? I got it earlier today (HM) or I'd buy it for cheaper myself!

elfinke

Hmmm, cheapest Steam sale ever for me.

Bought Binding of Isaac as a gift and Kotor II for me, that's it. Waiting (and re-waiting on some) on FTL/Hotline/Bully/FarCry3/Resonance in these last few days.

Blurgh.

Tizoc

Hmmm, cheapest Steam sale ever for me.

Bought Binding of Isaac as a gift and Kotor II for me, that's it. Waiting (and re-waiting on some) on FTL/Hotline/Bully/FarCry3/Resonance in these last few days.

Blurgh.

If you bought certain digital titles from amazon.com, and if Hotline stays at $7.50 for the next few days, you could get it for $2.50 after discount.

...and anyone wanna trade Bully for my Bioshock 1 and/or 2?

elfinke

If you bought certain digital titles from amazon.com, and if Hotline stays at $7.50 for the next few days, you could get it for $2.50 after discount.

...and anyone wanna trade Bully for my Bioshock 1 and/or 2?

Does that work outside of the US? I've never looked that closely into it, obviously.

Bah. I have no interest in any of those Editor's Choice Amazon games. :( I'd rather have a 2K code but I don't think there is any way to exchange them.

Row

Banned
bought binary domain during the sale and it won't even recognize my graphics card, only the intel hd 4000 shows up in the config, anyone else ever have this problem?

Even though, once again, I've purchased about 8 things off my wish list, I have to agree that this sale sucks. It's not the actual price reductions that are the problem, but what's been put on sale, and how it's been presented.

Retne

Wasn't there some kind of DRM issue with it? Or did they fix that already? I notice it says "Third Party DRM: Uplay", I've never used a Uplay game before, what's it like?

My only experience with UPlay has been with my copy of AssCreed 2. It's a lot like loading up a steam client inside a steam client except it's a bit more clunky and the servers are way less reliable. Personally I found having to have a second login just to play AC2 made me stop bothering with it at all. Your mileage may vary of course.

Rorschach

If you bought any game digitally from Amazon in the month of December, you'll get a $5 credit redeemable on Editor's Picks (or whatever is the amazon equivalent) in January.

Dark Souls is one of them.

I bought tons in the month of December, but each game just gave me credit for each individual publisher for use by december 25th. :\ Was it specific games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom