• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I bought tons in the month of December, but each game just gave me credit for each individual publisher for use by december 25th. :\ Was it specific games?

Those were additional/separate coupons. If you brought a game in December, it is a safe bet you have $5 credits.

Rorschach

How do you check this? I have tried purchasing Dark Souls but there is no option to apply my $5 credit.

I don't think it's live yet since it's not midnight.

to check your credit balances go here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000296831#gc click on "enter code"

Yeah, the credit will kick in when you try to buy a game from the list. They don't stack, however.

Hate to burst your bubble, but a good chunk of that is F2p credit.

Ohnoes! Mah bubble! :(

Tizoc

YO I GOT $90 CREDIT! COME ON AMAZON, UPDATE WITH SHIT I ACTUALLY WANT!
...can I use it to get Virtue's Last Reward I wonder...

Speevy

Banned
I have to say that I was very skeptical of Hotline Miami.

I usually hate bandwagon games, but it's very fun.

Tizoc

^The fuck?! I thought those offers would end yesterday! Man if I knew that I would've gotten 2K Strategy Bundle and that bundle for $10 cheaper >=/

FYI, games are still being added to that list through January.

tumblr_lwpgc25XDt1r818uco1_500.jpg

Sorry that is off topic, but I just realized I've got $90 credit; how do I use them if I want to buy say a PS3 or Vita game off Amazon.com?

It does. I just got 2k Super Strategy Pack for $14.99! It was going to be on the EC list anyway. It works! Alright, getting Dark Souls.

elfinke

Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Typical.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure it can be fudged but it's the principle of the whole thing that steals the jam outta my donuts.

mrgone

tumblr_lwpgc25XDt1r818uco1_500.jpg

Sorry that is off topic, but I just realized I've got $90 credit; how do I use them if I want to buy say a PS3 or Vita game off Amazon.com?

They've got to be editor's choices I think :( Maybe they'll start adding retail stuff after the digital sales fury tapers off a little. I wouldn't mind a discount on Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward either :)

Edit: Wait, or not? Gotta start trying everything I guess if the packs are working :) Maybe it's any bundle that has an editor's choice game gets the discount too? It didn't work on the Double Fine bundle

Those were probably your 2k coupons.
I used my 2k coupon on NBA2k13. Anyway, it would have expired by now. I tried to purchase it after using my 2k coupon, and it shows as full price. Maybe the system hasn't updated, but either way, it'll be on the EC list.

Wanace

Got Dark Souls for $12.99 but the order took forever and a message popped up saying it might not be available in my download page for 4 hours. :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have to point this out with the new unofficial expansion Forgotten Empires AOE2 runs very well under Windows 7 and 8. And it has support for higher resolutions now. So I'm playing on 1440x900 on my Windows 8 with Indians. If you have Age of Kings and Conquerors get this expansion. You need it!
AoE2: Install user patch 1.1 or Forgotten Empires (fan expansion) if you haven't already, widescreen support and fixes for colour issues make the game very agreeable.

Ah, nice. Pity there's nothing similar for AoE Gold (namely Rise of Rome). :(

Eusis

I spent the THQ coupon on Supreme Commander, with 2K's neglected. Maybe if they put the Xcom DLC there or something.

Anyways, is The Secret World supposed to go lower? It popped up in the sale, but at $22.49. I thought I heard mention of plans for $18 or $17, and I'd rather wait on that if so.

Speevy

Banned
So I have many copies of Bioshock and Bioshock 2.

I'm either generous or stupid. Or both.

We'll found out in a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom