• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have a copy of Bioshock 2 to give away. I want you to use MS Paint, to draw Big Daddy at his other day job. I will be picking the winner based on humor, so the funnier the better. You have three hours to do it, 4:30pm est is the deadline for entries.

About an hour left to go.

Seriously thinking about TSW via Amazon w/coupon. Are folks still holding out for Steam integration at a better price than the 25% off Steam is currently offering, or was $12.99 a breaking point?

cicero

how do i find the amazon coupon?I don't have the email anymore :( want Dark Souls

It was automatically applied to your account. You don't need the email. But you need to have bought something in November-December. The coupon will automatically apply itself during checkout.

EDIT: Beaten by several other people.

Max Payne series never had a good story line. And I LIKED the game. Max Payne 2 is WAY overrated. It's the same melodrama shit from Max, after he's killed those responsible for his Wife/kids death. That combined with a plot wherein, the writers looked around at established side characters and then said, 'Fuck it, make them the Villains this time. Also, Max is single so lets have a love interest."

Try Ritalin. The cut scenes were an improvement over the comic slides, which were okay in 1 but overplayed in 2.

The problem with Max Payne 3 is less the story and more that unskippable cutscenes consist of about 40-50% of the playtime. I assume you can work out why people have a problem with that. I'll let Derrick list all the ways why Hitman Absolution has nothing to do with the previous Hitman games other than that the main character is Agent 47, but needless to say you're wrong on that front, too.

[Edit] Also see this thread.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have a copy of Bioshock 2 to give away. I want you to use MS Paint, to draw Big Daddy at his other day job. I will be picking the winner based on humor, so the funnier the better. You have three hours to do it, 4:30pm est is the deadline for entries.

gaf mod
48OBK.png

good lord, paint is still awful.

zkylon

zkylewd
At this price I'd say pull the trigger. Even if you bought it through Steam only the launcher appears as in-game, so you're not losing out on anything aside from having it appear in your library.
Thanks, I got a few days to decide, so everything matters.

feel

Not sure if $10 is the right price point on Max Payne 3 for me, since I don't plan on playing it soon and I've read a lot that its not that good.

x3sphere

I thought MP3 was very good, but if you are expecting something like MP1/2 then you'll be disappointed. It is a great action game in its own right though. In either case it is worth $10.

First person to quote this gets a free Borderlands GOTY steam key (first game obv.).

Risen 2 (Steamworks) is $7.48 @ GamersGate. Doesn't look like a pricing error, either.
Additional 5% of with code IAMANELDERGEEK

EDIT: Althoug something is weird about it, as the page displays no xx% discount and it's 7.48 in every currency.

Awesome!!!! Thank you I've been waiting to pick up this game.

If you're walking into it expecting Ridge Racer, you'll be disappointed. If you're walking into it expecting something similar to Burnout, you may enjoy it.

Hmmmm this is tempting me.

bigace33

Man I wish Borderlands 2 was less than $55 with the coupon....

Check the "Buy, sell, trade" thread in the gaming community forum. I managed to snag Borderlands 2 for $15 from there. There were several people selling codes for that low a day or two ago.

$19.99 was the lowest. Currently $26.79.

New rule for this season's sale: Don't buy on Steam. Wait for everywhere else.
Haha, that should be one the rules in the OT, great.

====BIG THANKS TO ameridion for being so generous.====

Was expecting to penny pinch my way to a the Darkness 2 ownership and he just gifted me the game. Really apreciated, hope the game is as good as some people said it was but at this price it should be amazing XD

ameridion

Neo Member
I was looking trough my stuff and found 10 unredeemed keys. I don't know how to hide stuff so quote this and ask for a game.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Cogs
Zen Bound 2
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC

I give away the rest later

I was looking trough my stuff and found 10 unredeemed keys. I don't know how to hide stuff so quote this and ask for a game.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Cogs
Zen Bound 2
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC

I give away the rest later

super brothers?

Derrick01

Banned
The problem with Max Payne 3 is less the story and more that unskippable cutscenes consist of about 40-50% of the playtime. I assume you can work out why people have a problem with that. I'll let Derrick list all the ways why Hitman Absolution has nothing to do with the previous Hitman games other than that the main character is Agent 47, but needless to say you're wrong on that front, too.

[Edit] Also see this thread.

I'll have to pass on that. I've spent too much time and energy in the last 6 months detailing why that game was going to suck and why it did suck. It's come and gone, flopped in sales and reviews so I'm moving on. Mission accomplished.

CaLe

Anyone here with FTL, Spec Ops or Hotline miami for sale ?

I keep hearing about amazon coupons but I have no idea what they are...

PaulLFC

Amazon and GMG's sales have been so much better than Steam's it's not even funny. The quantity of games I've bought on Steam is slightly higher, but most of those were either older games, for which the prices aren't too bad, or gifts. For any recent games, Steam wasn't even worth bothering with this sale, it's like they weren't even trying.

Hopefully they take all the negative feedback into consideration, or it at least has an effect on the number of games they've sold compared to past sales, and they come up with something better next time.

Reven

Anyone here with FTL, Spec Ops or Hotline miami for sale ?

I keep hearing about amazon coupons but I have no idea what they are...

If you bought a digital game on Amazon in December you got a five dollar credit to use this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom