• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I download the Bring Down The Sky DLC for Mass Effect? Or is it already in the game?

What Narag said. It's a pain in the ass and it's fairly stupid from EA's part to not patch out the activation limit from the installer (or add the dlc on Origin and tie it to every account that owns Mass Effect).

jph139

Definitely worth installing, though - Bring Down the Sky was probably the most memorable mission in the game for me.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What's Might and Magic Clash of Heroes like?

Its this awesome puzzle-strategy-RPG thing. Its like a match-three puzzler turned into a full fledged strategy game and its really really good. Its also beautiful. A lot better, IMO, than Puzzle Quest, which I never got into.

I really highly recommend CoH

Shoogoo

Its this awesome puzzle-strategy-RPG thing. Its like a match-three puzzler turned into a full fledged strategy game and its really really good. Its also beautiful. A lot better, IMO, than Puzzle Quest, which I never got into.

Really? I'll try the demo then

Giran

I have a credit of 2.52 euros on Steam, so can you guys recommend a good (indie or not) game at around that price?

I think Half Minute Hero was just under that when it was a flash deal. If you don't have it already then it might be worth taking a look at if it comes back as daily.

zkylon

zkylewd

Thanks, just watched the GiantBomb quicklook and Ryan yelling BEARRSSSS sold me on it.

Also bought GameMaker Pro because I need a new prototyping tool...

rather interested with Tomb Raider collection, not the whole collection, but individual game is just $2.49 each, I already have Underworld and Anniversary. probably gonna grab Legends next.

how's Angel of Darkness? and if I want to get just 1 of the ps1 era games (TR1-5), which one is is the best, and how's the control on pc? I remember the control is really really bad on ps1 controller.

Deques

I'm fairly certain it wasn't. Maybe it depends on your region. For example it's currently 4,19€ for me but 5,99€ in Germany.

Well I bought it when it was €3.39. So we live in different regions, I don't know where Apostate lives..

Chigity check http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786714

Sadly I don't think Bioware has ever discounted the ME2 DLC for PC users, on a related note :( Which is extra shitty because they havn't done a GOTY bundle for ME2 either

Closest they've come is having BioWare points on sale on Origin for 66% off. I bought $60 worth for $20 at the time. Sad part is, I haven't played any BW games since -- I still need to finish ME 2 -- so I haven't redeemed them yet!

dreamfall

Over twenty-four hours later and my download of Total War: Shogun 2 and its DLC, Fall of the Samurai has finally finished.

I know that feel! It's just sitting in my Library, taunting me. That 35-ish GB download will not be happening anytime soon for me :/

BUT~! These Flash deals strike with a new vengeance soon! And I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on CS:GO!

Edit: Why am I still awake?!

Eusis

nobody told me that fucking dark souls had a 30 minute unskippable cutscene opening

Fuck you from software
It's understandable when it's literally one of the only ones in the game. And did you try EVERY button?

(And I'm pretty sure that's closer to 5 minutes, not 30.)

It's understandable when it's literally one of the only ones in the game. And did you try EVERY button?

(And I'm pretty sure that's closer to 5 minutes, not 30.)

It is unskippable, but only the first time. I guessed it was masking some installing/caching process.

Next flash sales? I predict:

Terranigma
Borderlands 2
Hotline miami

Instead it is:

Dead Island 66% $6.79
Overlord Complete Pack $4.99
AvSeq $1.24

dani_dc

It is unskippable, but only the first time. I guessed it was masking some installing/caching process.

Next flash sales? I predict:

Terranigma
Borderlands 2
Hotline miami

Instead it is:

Dead Island 66% $6.79
Overlord Complete Pack $4.99
AvSeq $1.24

Well Hotline Miami is alreadyh a flash sale, and I think hoping for a Terranigma port, release and flash sale all in one might have been a bit too hopefully!

Tc91

I'm tempted by Hitman Absolution at £12.99 but like people have said they will be paying you soon to take it off them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is pretty apt actually. One of these days, someone should research the deaths-per-second rate in:

Hotline Miami
SMB
VVVVVV
Super Crate Box
Super Hexagon

It's one of those games like induces a trance-like state through repeatedly dying, yet at the same time knowing that victory is just out of reach.
I think we can add They Bleed Pixels to the list.

And Super Hexagon is a great game, though I can only play it in short bursts. Dat music.

Wolfie5

HOMM VI is finally on sale. Wanted to get that one, but was hoping for a better sale.

HOMM VI plus DLC for 20€... worth it? I love HOMM games btw. Don´t know how good latest game is. Anyone can recommend this game?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
rather interested with Tomb Raider collection, not the whole collection, but individual game is just $2.49 each, I already have Underworld and Anniversary. probably gonna grab Legends next.

how's Angel of Darkness? and if I want to get just 1 of the ps1 era games (TR1-5), which one is is the best, and how's the control on pc? I remember the control is really really bad on ps1 controller.
I liked AoD a lot when I played it back then (not to completion, mind you), but the consensus is that it sucks. You know what I say? Fuck the consensus, it's a good game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom