• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternia

First time I've ever regretted a 2.50 purchase, haven't even been home to start the game yet :(
I actually had one copy sitting in my inventory from me buying it at the last minute from its daily (and did the right thing of stashing it until I wanted to play). Decided to redeem it a few hours ago because I thought I might be playing it today, took a nap, and now I see free Hotline Miamis everywhere. :p

So my pain equals goodies for you, first to quote gets a key for Hotline Miami.

CatPee

I actually had one copy sitting in my inventory from me buying it at the last minute from its daily (and did the right thing of stashing it until I wanted to play). Decided to redeem it a few hours ago because I thought I might be playing it today, took a nap, and now I see free Hotline Miamis everywhere. :p

So my pain equals goodies for you, first to quote gets a key for Hotline Miami.

Moi?

(Didn't "buy" it from Amazon. Hanging on to my last $5 credit. >_>)

Free Hotline Miami, excellent.

I don't even know what genre it is, or anything about it.

I don't have time to play it.

Should I give it away to someone?

It is a game that can be played in short times. And if you don't bother with high scores or anything it is even faster to finish. I have 4 hours on it.

mrgone

Do all the Tomb Raider games have controller support?

The first one might have some support through DOSbox, but I don't know about any of the other older ones. Angel of Darkness might have some rudimentary support. I dunno. Joy2key might be the solution.

LOL

I can keep buying it for free.

I got 4 copies now, given one away.

I'm going to register one for myself, why not?

Who else wants one?

EDIT: Gone now, sorry other people.

HoosTrax

It's more like the murder equivalent of Super Meat Boy.
This is pretty apt actually. One of these days, someone should research the deaths-per-second rate in:

Hotline Miami
SMB
VVVVVV
Super Crate Box
Super Hexagon

It's one of those games like induces a trance-like state through repeatedly dying, yet at the same time knowing that victory is just out of reach.

Wallach

Aww I ran out of promotional credits. 4 copies total, registered one for myself, given 1 away.

2 remaining.

I'd take one if you still have one, I've been meaning to play Hotline Miami.

EDIT:
iHMHnOEqJx7m1.gif

hom3land

Tony's too good to us!!

only have 2 coupons left and already bought hotel miami... use one now and only have 1 more left...

holy shit you fuckers were right about Hotline Miami. I gave it a go on this laptop just to check it out as I won't be back home on my desktop until Saturday or Sunday, but I can tell its a serious blast and the music rocks. Can't wait to get home and play it on my desktop which is connected to a soundbar and sub. Thanks Snuggler!

Tizoc

Everyone should get Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
It's among the most fun Match 3 and RPG games I've ever played. Grinding for EXP has never been this fun.

Could someone hook a brutha up with Hotline Miami please? I wouldn't mind trading a code for Bioshock 1 or 2 >o>;

Everyone should get Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
It's among the most fun Match 3 and RPG games I've ever played. Grinding for EXP has never been this fun.

Could someone hook a brutha up with Hotline Miami please? I wouldn't mind trading a code for Bioshock 1 or 2 >o>;

What game is it similar to? The traditional HOMM games or closer to maybe a FF:Tactics? Cant tell from the screens.

Tizoc

What game is it similar to? The traditional HOMM games or closer to maybe a FF:Tactics? Cant tell from the screens.

Neither, simply put it's main form of combat is to match 3 units of the same type and color.
Matching 3 vertical= attacking unit
Matching 3 horizontal= Creat a wall for defense
Each attacking unit has a timer/counter, when it reaches 0, that unit will attack.
The game starts out a bit slow, but once you get the hang of Fusion and Linking it becomes more fun, plus there's a lot to do in the Single Player campaign. SP takes upwards of say 30-40 hours to complete =)
The DLC is for multiplayer though, and the game has 2v2 online mode but I sadly have yet to play it online >_<.

oipic

Looks like Amazon have run out of Hotline Miami keys? Hopefully they get some more before the $7.50/$2.50 deal ends (pesky meetings - missed the $4.99 pricing shenanigans!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom