• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Closest they've come is having BioWare points on sale on Origin for 66% off. I bought $60 worth for $20 at the time. Sad part is, I haven't played any BW games since -- I still need to finish ME 2 -- so I haven't redeemed them yet!

Oh crap, I completely missed that! :( Damn Bioware points gnash gnash. I wish I'd bought some with the supercode when it was raining free games and champagne.

It's through the fifth at least so I'm pretty sure the last dailies will end on Monday (as they last two days), but the other games will go off sale on Sunday at 1PM EST or something. Not sure.

Hopefully that's the case. but the 52-and-a-half hour countdown on the front page right now (just under the community vote) seems to indicate friday at 10am PST as the ultimate end of it. I'm guessing that amounts to one more day of new dailies and then a 24-hour recap. No idea why that countdown is there with the votes right now, unless they're just giving up on that :)

tmarques

Haven't played a Heroes of Might & Magic game since the 3rd one (damn I'm old). Which is the better one, V or VI? Don't have time for both.

Kammie

Anyone have any images of what Tomb Raider Legend looks like on PC with highest settings+mods? Tempted to get it @ $2.49.
Get it, it's fun and runs a perfect 60fps. I've played through it multiple times.

I don't think there's graphics mods for this game. The one time I looked I saw only skin mods for Lara, and I'm not interested in playing with Gothic Lara or Lingerie Lara.

Here's some shots I just took, with the next-gen graphics feature both on and off. Some things look better with it, others look worse. It does kill most of the color. Note that this is just the standard AA from the game. You can force higher AA through the graphics card, and it'll look better.

d92HH.jpg
3ZTmc.jpg

mWiNE.jpg
NXKYg.jpg

m5aSb.jpg
5uAVs.jpg

NMVDk.jpg
BhEGY.jpg
And to anyone wondering, the classic PS1 Tomb Raiders work with Joy2Key. DOS Box detected I had a controller, but didn't detect all of the buttons. Had to disable the controller detectection in the DOS Box config.

Volcynika

Hopefully that's the case. but the 52-and-a-half hour countdown on the front page right now (just under the community vote) seems to indicate friday at 10am PST as the ultimate end of it. I'm guessing that amounts to one more day of new dailies and then a 24-hour recap. No idea why that countdown is there with the votes right now, unless they're just giving up on that :)

52 and a half hour countdown and it ends Friday? It's Thursday. CONFUSION. :p Though the last dailies could start tomorrow (Friday :p) and not end until Sunday at 10AM PST.

Also Steam is blocked at work so I can't see it myself. And mobile app is iffy since my connection here is kinda wonky.

Tizoc

Get it, it's fun and runs a perfect 60fps. I've played through it multiple times.

I don't think there's graphics mods for this game. The one time I looked I saw only skin mods for Lara, and I'm not interested in playing with Gothic Lara or Lingerie Lara.

Here's some shots I just took, with the next-gen graphics feature both on and off. Some things look better with it, others look worse. It does kill most of the color.

And to anyone wondering, the classic PS1 Tomb Raiders work with Joy2Key. DOS Box detected I had a controller, but didn't detect all of the buttons. Had to disable the controller detectection in the DOS Box config.

Thanks mate, the next gen feature looks rather nice to me and a step up from the PS3 ver. slightly haha.

Anyone ever play Avseq? Probably can't go too wrong for that price though. Seems like an interesting diversion.
Well if you like puzzle games in the vein of bejeweled and rhythm games, you should like it.
It has some flaws tho, sometimes there's too much stuff happening on the screen (visual effects) that you easily lose track of what you're doing and its game over. It will provide a good challenge on the later levels.
The achievements are kinda broken if you're into that stuff, and there's few game modes.

52 and a half hour countdown and it ends Friday? It's Thursday. CONFUSION. :p Though the last dailies could start tomorrow (Friday :p) and not end until Sunday at 10AM PST.

Also Steam is blocked at work so I can't see it myself. And mobile app is iffy since my connection here is kinda wonky.

says the deals go until jan. 5th. looks like CS:GO isn't discounted anymore for the community vote? just shows the 25% price which is the standard discount.

wonder if its a glitch? thought the community vote was for 50% off

mrgone

Oh snap, I was still stuck on Wednesday :) Saturday does seem like an odd day to end a sale. You're probably right about the Monday thing!

says the deals go until jan. 5th. looks like CS:GO isn't discounted anymore for the community vote? just shows the 25% price which is the standard discount.

Weird. The pack is still 50% off, too. And the CS:GO trailer almost makes the game seem exciting ;D

Tc91

Not looking good for the Ys sale I was hoping for seeing as they keep rehashing the same games over and over :/

Volcynika

We don't know if it's an "until" January 5th. The last holiday sales ran through January 1st (said new deals through Jan 1st on the main page), and ended at 10AM PST Jan 2nd (a Monday). Usually the big sales in some way come to an end on a Monday, but I'm thinking that might be only the last dailies. Iono though.

Though they don't have any verbage other than Dec 20 (or whatever) - Jan 5. So not sure.

We don't know if it's an "until" January 5th. The last holiday sales ran through January 1st (said new deals through Jan 1st on the main page), and ended at 10AM PST Jan 2nd (a Monday). Usually the big sales in some way come to an end on a Monday, but I'm thinking that might be only the last dailies. Iono though.

Though they don't have any verbage other than Dec 20 (or whatever) - Jan 5. So not sure.

countdown under the community vote says the deals expire in 52 hours...which would put it at 2 more store refreshes right?

so i'd guess we get new dailes today and maybe some sort of 24 hour recap tomorrow?

Tizoc

90 minutes to decide on Clash of the Heroes....

anyone want to convince me??

Get it. it's fun and has A LOT of SP content, including getting all units to max levels which is more fun than your average RPG. Oh and it has FANTASTIC and colorful 2D graphics...IN 720P!
I've made a give-away of it on Steamgifts, if you're still undecided on getting it.
...but really it's under $5, at that price this gem is a friggin' steal.

garath

90 minutes to decide on Clash of the Heroes....

anyone want to convince me??

Bought it on PS3 for full price. Loved it. Fantastic tactical puzzler (is that even a genre?). Great art style, some rpg elements. A lot longer than I first expected.

At $3.75 it's as close to a no-brainer as I've seen.

edit: Actually I just remembered my only complaint about the game. It gets a little repetitive from the second Act onward. You play a different character/faction and basically do the whole levelling up your team all over again. But for $4 it's hard to go wrong.

So after flip-flopping between 25% and 50%, CS:GO settled on 25%? I'm actually surprised, a little annoyed I didn't jump on it while it was randomly 50%, I guess.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not looking good for the Ys sale I was hoping for seeing as they keep rehashing the same games over and over :/
What you seek would also happen to be a rehash.

I'm waiting for New Vegas GOTY, now that would be something new.

It's fantastic. May be the best puzzle game of the generation.

Get it. it's fun and has A LOT of SP content, including getting all units to max levels which is more fun than your average RPG. Oh and it has FANTASTIC and colorful 2D graphics...IN 720P!
I've made a give-away of it on Steamgifts, if you're still undecided on getting it.
...but really it's under $5, at that price this gem is a friggin' steal.

Ahh, well I'm with Tizoc. If you like puzzle games it's a really quite a good one, expecially for the price

Bought it on PS3 for full price. Loved it. Fantastic tactical puzzler (is that even a genre?). Great art style, some rpg elements. A lot longer than I first expected.

At $3.75 it's as close to a no-brainer as I've seen.

edit: Actually I just remembered my only complaint about the game. It gets a little repetitive from the second Act onward. You play a different character/faction and basically do the whole levelling up your team all over again. But for $4 it's hard to go wrong.

GAF wins again

Tizoc

That's my FAVOURITE part of the game actually =)

That's my FAVOURITE part of the game actually =)

1v1 Hotseat with my wife would be my favorite.
(Yes, hotseat! Can't recall the last time I encountered that word in a game!)
She doesn't play games often, but this game turns her into a fierce competitor. Fun times.

Alien8

So after flip-flopping between 25% and 50%, CS:GO settled on 25%? I'm actually surprised, a little annoyed I didn't jump on it while it was randomly 50%, I guess.

The funny thing is that if you search for "counter strike" in the search box on the main page, as you enter the letters, the quick search results shows different prices as you are entering each letter.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Here's some shots I just took, with the next-gen graphics feature both on and off. Some things look better with it, others look worse. It does kill most of the color.
I think it looks like shit with the features on. Totally kills the art direction for the whole game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The funny thing is that if you search for "counter strike" in the search box on the main page, as you enter the letters, the quick search results shows different prices as you are entering each letter.

I'm not seeing this. As soon as I hit reach "cou", GO, Source, 1.6 and CZ appear and their respective prices remain the same throughout.

Hoping for Silent Hill Homecoming is foolish but here I am doing it anyway. I added another $10 to my wallet for the last couple of days of sales, bringing my final spending allowance to $21. I've added Dark Souls to my cart numerous times and deleted it. I want it really bad but at the same time there's a lot of games I haven't even touched yet.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hoping for Silent Hill Homecoming is foolish but here I am doing it anyway. I added another $10 to my wallet for the last couple of days of sales, bringing my final spending allowance to $21. I've added Dark Souls to my cart numerous times and deleted it. I want it really bad but at the same time there's a lot of games I haven't even touched yet.

Buy Dark Souls.

Do it.

Buy Dark Souls.

Do it.

Oh... believe me. I'm quite aware of its greatness considering that it's my favorite game of this console generation. But, I've already beaten it and have put well over 100 hours onto the PS3 version. I'm eager to play through it again on PC with the fixes, but it is largely the same game I've already played for countless hours. If nothing's come up before its sale ends tomorrow I'll get it.

Tc91

Right at the beginning. Purchased them on the 21st.

Then I bought Unmechanical on the 22nd. And that was it for the Steam sale for me. Haha. Been over 10 days without a Steam purchase.

Missed them :/ Everything else on Steam has been quite frankly shit.

Other places have won this Winter sale by a mile.

Scavenger

Small update on the Gamersgate issue:

Gamersgate said:
Update 03 Jan 2013:

We are still working on this issue but since there are several parties involved and there have been non-working days mixed in, it is taking a little while to get everything sorted out.

Please keep in mind that this page is the only source of correct information from GamersGate as of today and we will continue to update this page with new information as soon as we are able.

We want you to know that this is our top priority and we want to resolve it as soon as possible.

I wonder what the "several parties" are. It seems to me that more parties than just Gamersgate, 2K and Bethesda are involved.

I really wish I hadn't seen this because I love retro games and don't own any Legacy of Kain games on console right now, so I'm very very close to pulling the trigger.

Does anyone know if there are any issues playing any of the LoK games on PC ?

I don't know but at that price I'm personally willing to take the risk. Bought.

Prophane33

I got impatient and just bought Unity of Command and Silent Hunter IV yesterday. Which of course means that both will now be on some sort of deal. Though, the way things are going I'm fairly confident they won't be. SHIV is really freakin' cool. I might have to pick up the expansion before this sale is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom