• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have. And it has also been on sale several times at GreenManGaming. Sorry you missed out.

No, they haven't. It was a flash deal once, and a community vote once where it lost by 1%, so it's only been on sale on Steam once. As for GMG, that's a different story, I referring to Steam in particular

Tizoc

...and with that my Civ V collection is complete for under $22-ish~
Now to patiently wait til February for a retailer to get a Lenovo Y580 so I can actually play these damn games.

BTW how's Civ III compared to IV and V? Do they improve more on it?

Tomodachi

They're completely missing the point of what makes these sales compelling.

Like, throw up way more random obscure/interesting shit at a no-brainer impulse buy price. That's a Steam sale to me. Not this "repeat the same deal on Civ 5 12 times" garbage.
I'm not with all the sale bashing in the thread because I got more than 15 games during it, but you have a very valid point there. Almost only well known titles in dailies and flash deals, while indie games have been confined to their own section with the same % off throughout the days. The fun in Steam sales has always been finding out about obscure, ridiculously cheap games and impulse buying/regretting (lol).

How many new (lol) sets of dailies are left? 2 right?
I hope the last day will be an official "best of" recap, just for the laughs. 5th time BL2 anyone?

Toki767

Has Left 4 Dead 2 been 75% off again since last week? A friend suddenly wants it and I'd like to gift it to them but not at $10.

Gartikker

I've been saving the last of my money for Fallout NV but that's clearly not going to happen.

So I'm thinking about getting the Thief collection. Do they hold up well in terms of gameplay? I don't care about graphics and even if it did start to bother me I'm sure there's some mods to enhance them

Definitely worth it. I actually prefer the original Thief just for the atmosphere, but the general consensus seems to be that Thief the Metal Age is the best. I would even recommend fan missions for the second game, but then I don't really know how well you would enjoy the main campaign. Some of those fan made missions even surpass the originals.

Torraz

With Tropico 4 on sale again I'm running out of excuses to not have it...

Only lack of time and backlog as excuses now, lol :(

I know whow you feel, man. Kinda afraid of a Fallout: New Vegas scenario where the game is constantly on sale until I finally have the time.

solarus

If there's any justice in the world Binary Domain will go on sale again, I missed out on the flash sale and the GMG sale... I am sorry Big Bo

kennah

If there's any justice in the world Binary Domain will go on sale again, I missed out on the flash sale and the GMG sale... I am sorry Big Bo

Big Bo is disappoint.

7phTyl.jpg

EDIT: Also, don't Image Search for "Big Bo" with safesearch off...

The_Monk

until the next time its on sale. i'm waiting for the time they have the same game as a flash and daily at the same time

I wonder if these sales are like: Hey, it seems you had not picked up a game that is on your wishlist, here's another chance. Maybe you can buy it now since it's the 1000th time we put it on sale!

Pretty easy to say no when you had most of your Wishlist gifted to you ;)

GAF is always awesome, I'll be happy if most of the GAFfers got at least one game they wanted/was in their wishlist.

derExperte

So is I Am Alive a good as a survival horror game, or do most people play it for the story or whatever?

The story isn't very good, goes nowhere and the ending doesn't resolve anything. The main draw is indeed the survival aspect, you really have to conserve resources. But I wouldn't call it horror.

if we learned anything from this sale...it should be to not put money exclusively in the steam wallet

leaves you limited to pick up games from gmg,amazon,gg,otherbetterdeals

InertiaXr

In the US tropico 4 is showing as 66% off when it was 80% off in a flash sale... I want it but not for $10+ when it was $6 a few days ago...

The story isn't very good, goes nowhere and the ending doesn't resolve anything. The main draw is indeed the survival aspect, you really have to conserve resources. But I wouldn't call it horror.

Hmmm... May be worth a shot.

Also, why is the PC version a full 10 points lower on metacritic? Is it a shitty port or were reviewers just being butts?

mrgone

They have. And it has also been on sale several times at GreenManGaming. Sorry you missed out.

So far it's only been a flash, and it really seems like one that'd have a proper daily! I'd forgotten all about the DLC at the time, too, so I'm almost hoping it doesn't show back up :)

edit: damn, apologies - completely missed a page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom