• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarus

It's strange for me to be disappointed in a steam sale. This one has been terrible for me, Amazon and GMG on the other hand have had some killer stuff.

Prophane33

...and with that my Civ V collection is complete for under $22-ish~
Now to patiently wait til February for a retailer to get a Lenovo Y580 so I can actually play these damn games.

BTW how's Civ III compared to IV and V? Do they improve more on it?

Civ IV>Civ V>Civ III. Outside of the first (which is improved by the 2nd in every way) it's the worst in the series.

mrgone

Was XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot Pack on sale? Or is this a silly question because it's DLC and/or is very recent?

Thanks in advance for answering.

No! Stop...

I think it was discounted slightly at GMG during their last XCOM sale, but it wasn't much. I might just be thinking of the 30% coupon, even. Also: There's a chance that the Tropico 4 Gold pack will come to Steam, which I believe is the regular game and the Modern Times DLC as a single unit of game. This means supreme discounts during the summer! (From Amazon or GMG [sad trombone sound])

I think it was discounted slightly at GMG during their last XCOM sale, but it wasn't much. I might just be thinking of the 30% coupon, even. Also: There's a chance that the Tropico 4 Gold pack will come to Steam, which I believe is the game and Modern Times as a single unit of game. This means supreme discounts during the summer! (From Amazon or GMG [sad trombone sound])

sad trombone?

I am saving that URL :)

everyone should. its handy and epic. official sound of steam winter sale 2012

Torraz

Damn. I really restrained myself for most of the sale, but I have around 29 euro bucks of stuff in my cart ;_;. Save me.

tmarques

I've been saving the last of my money for Fallout NV but that's clearly not going to happen.

So I'm thinking about getting the Thief collection. Do they hold up well in terms of gameplay? I don't care about graphics and even if it did start to bother me I'm sure there's some mods to enhance them

I played Thief 1 & 2 back when they came out. Easily in my top 20 ever, but I couldn't tell whether they hold up or not in terms of gameplay. I want to say "yes", but nostalgia and all that.

Played Thief 3 last month and liked it a lot - not as much as the previous two, though - but it still plays great. Graphics are alright.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Code:
  5 - (dolares) ftl
  3 - (dolares) psychonauts (gift)
  4 - (dolares) rage
 10 - (dolares) spec ops
  5 - (dolares) hotline miami (gift)
  5 - (dolares) thirty flights of loving x2
  9 - (dolares) AP/spec ops (gift)
  8 - (dolares) TW2
 35 - (dolares) gamemaker
  3 - (dolares) clash of heroes
  5 - (dolares) i am alive (gift)
-------------------------------------------------
 [B]92 - (dolares) total[/B]

outch
644 pesos, that's gotta hurt!

Which are today's dailies repeats? Can't see the images here.

EDIT: nvm, they were already posted.

anyone interested in Krater should know that the collectors edition is already 75% off. if it wins the vote, the normal version will be the same price (4.99).

Don't ask me why...but it happened earlier and its very strange

The_Monk

To the people talking about the Thief games there's at least the Widescreen mod that will make the game look much better. I do not own the games so I can't speak for myself only for others people experiences.

4G1BJ.jpg

mrgone

anyone interested in Krater should know that the collectors edition is already 75% off. if it wins the vote, the normal version will be the same price (4.99).

Don't ask me why...but it happened earlier and its very strange

The soundtrack to Krater is godly. This is the version to buy. Awesome that it's already 75% off!

Milamber

Korea+Wonders pack, but Steam shows that I only own Korea DLC, and still prompts me for buying that pack of the Wonders DLC by itself.

I bought that pack in Dec. 29 2012. Sent a qq to Steam Support for the exact same issue. Still haven't heard from them.

Caerith

Korea+Wonders pack, but Steam shows that I only own Korea DLC, and still prompts me for buying that pack of the Wonders DLC by itself.
Huh, it does that for me, too. Anyone who has the Korea/Wonders pack able to check to see if Steam doesn't recognize the Wonders part then check in-game to see if it activated? (I'm at work or I would, and I can't specifically recall building any of them.)

Joe Molotov

Joe Molotov not jumping at a Steam sale?

::backs away very slowly::

And it was Steam activated? I wonder how I missed it.

I already bought it from Gamersgate, and yeah it was Steamworks. Looking back on my Gamersgate emails, December 21st was when it was $8.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
...and with that my Civ V collection is complete for under $22-ish~
Now to patiently wait til February for a retailer to get a Lenovo Y580 so I can actually play these damn games.

BTW how's Civ III compared to IV and V? Do they improve more on it?

I own and have extensively played all of the Civ games. IMHO, the order of ranking is:

Civ IV > Civ V > Civ II > Civ I > Civ III

Civ IV with all the expansions is still my favorite Civ game to date, it's just a complete, enthralling, awesome thing to play. That said....

Civ V is the version I play today. It has the best interface and graphics, although I greatly miss the charts and diplomacy screens from IV. I feel that after another expansion or two V will surpass IV as the best Civ game. God's & Kings made V much better, and I've now pretty much shelved IV for good.

Civ I was orgasmically awesome back in 1994, mine is on a single 1.44MB floppy, but by today's standards its very dated and only good for nostalgia.

Civ II was an improvement over Civ I in every way, it's even good today IMHO.

Civ III is in my opinion the worst game of the series. That's not to say it's bad or even terrible, it added some real nice things to the franchise, it just fell short on the fun factor and always seemed lacking to me. I eventually abandoned Civ III and went back to Civ II before Civ IV came out.

IMHO, don't bother with III, you won't be missing much.

evilhomer

Same thing happened to me but when I booted up the game it was in the DLC list there and the wonders were in the Civilopedia, should work the same for you.

HoosTrax

Huh, it does that for me, too. Anyone who has the Korea/Wonders pack able to check to see if Steam doesn't recognize the Wonders part then check in-game to see if it activated? (I'm at work or I would, and I can't specifically recall building any of them.)
I bought the combo pack on December 28th, and it shows up fine for me both under DLC and in-game.

That happens to everyone IIRC. Right click on the game and check the DLC. You should have "Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders" in there.

Doomrider

Motherfucking YES. Legacy of Kain collection 66% off on Gamersgate - 6.12€, redeems on Steam. Fuck you, Steam.
I love you, Steam

Alright, I'm officially done with christmas/new year sales.

EDIT: 5.81€ with IAMANELDERGEEK code.

(I'm retarded, and this has been posted already. Whatevs, got LoK!)

dani_dc

Good good, FM13 is 50% off, now to wait for amazon to price match, with the $5 coupon and some left over credit I have I’ll be able to get the game for cheap. Never managed to get into the franchise before, so this will be as good of a chance as any.
Might also not resist getting Thief 1 and Civ V GOTY (been skipping on them so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom