• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steel Diver: Sub Wars |OT| Deep Deep Down

Elija2

If I'm reading the patch notes correctly, friend battles are limited to Premium players? Why would they do that? I'm really hating the pointless limitations they're putting on Free players.

Oh well, I guess I should be happy they lowered the Play Coins cost. It would have been cool if you didn't have to pay if you were only playing with friends, but they decided to make friend battles a Premium feature anyway so whatever.

Slermy

Interesting about the summer drop.

Yeah, I agree, even as a premium owner, I dislike the limitations being places on free players as well.

Regiruler

Apparently 4.0 is out.
Hello, this is Takaya Imamura, director of Steel Diver: Sub Wars. As always, thank you very much for playing the game.
The wait is over - we’re releasing Version 4.0 today! Thanks for your patience.

In Version 4.0, we've added the option to remodel any given sub on the Submarine Selection screen. For £0.89 you can remodel a sub to expand its crew-carrying capacity. Before this update, the number of crew each sub could carry varied, but now you can remodel any sub to carry up to six crew members.

Here are some other things we've tweaked for Version 4.0:

- Submarine diving and surfacing angles
The angle of a sub when it dives or surfaces will not be as steep, which makes it easier to evade frontal attacks.

- Durability balance
In order to improve game balance, we've adjusted the defensive strength of submarines with a durability stat of six or more.

- Crew appearance in single-player missions
In single-player missions, crew that you've already rescued will not appear, making it easier for you to recruit new crew members.

- Matched Skills Battles
Players between level 30 and level 49 can now match up in Matched Skills Battles.

- Starting positions in Internet Battle
The starting positions in Hot Springs were returned to the Version 1.0 settings.

- Play Coin requirement
We have removed the Play Coin requirement for Internet Battle in the Free Version.

- Bug fixes
We fixed a bug that inflicts damage on you when you sink an enemy. (Thanks for your comments about this in Miiverse!)

That’s it for the summary of the changes in Version 4.0.

I hope you'll continue to enjoy playing Steel Diver: Sub Wars!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAAADVHhoKhMmXQ

I only noticed when I tapped the icon on a whim this morning and it notified me of an update. I'm floored their still supporting this, and it gives me hope for splatoon.

I'm returning to the party on this but I've been playing it off and on for a long time. Recently jumping back in and loving it. Does anyone know if there's any other way to unlock the local match subs other than playing local matches?

I'm never going to find someone local to play this with one time, let alone 50 times but I need more subs.

---------------
Edit: Apologies for the necrobump... here's some of my fanart to make amends:

3RCNvh2.jpg

osVL5Z8.png

mYMks5M.png

Not that I know of, but isn't local play free?

Local play is playing in the same room with other people with their own 3DS and a copy of the game.

I bought the game and play online. Some ships are unlocked only when playing local play.

As far as I understand the game is free to play but you pay for extra single player maps, more crew, more subs, and unlimited online matches.

Top Bottom