• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

Etria

Prelude.

iirc, it was a GAME exclusive but I think they're sold out of the LE?

EDIT: Here's the link for the PS3 version but I think that looks like the normal edition now (no mention of the art book anywhere): http://www.game.co.uk/en/steins-gate-570831

Looks like Amazon Spain still have the PS3 LE in stock: http://www.amazon.es/dp/B00W3R6598/
But the Vita version appears to be gone :(
Yeah, I meant for Vita. The Zavvi accident is turning out to be quite a pinch. Even my local mailman got into an accident.

Etria

Yeah, I meant for Vita. The Zavvi accident is turning out to be quite a pinch. Even my local mailman got into an accident.

Probably no luck for the Vita LE anymore :/
I think even regular copies are hard to find because the place I ordered it from (nzgameshop, but based in the UK) is out of stock, so I'm glad I preordered and got it with no incident. Sorry to hear about your issue with the copy, seems supply is quite constrained at the moment.

Shizuka

I'm glad I pre-ordered a week before the release, I was going to do it just a day or two before that and I'd have probably missed it.

Wampiro

Neo Member
Amazon Spain is out of stock of the LE vita version.

You can still get the standard vita version there, though. But keep in mind the box and manual are only in spanish+italian, not english, in case you are a collector and mind about it.

(Although the manual is just 4 pages for controls and configuration, in B/N, so not a real loss there)

MetalDeer

Popped in the PS3 version for a bit to see how it is. It looks great at 1080p, and it's definitely higher quality than the PC port. It's so pretty~

However, I have seen a couple text wrapping issues, but it only seems to be when there's a contraction at the end of a line (haven't gotten to any phone messages yet). Nothing too egregious, at least. I remember seeing a few typos in the PC version, both issues are pretty easy to ignore, though.

It's not perfect, but it's definitely better than the PC version, by a lot.

cj_iwakura

Popped in the PS3 version for a bit to see how it is. It looks great at 1080p, and it's definitely higher quality than the PC port. It's so pretty~

However, I have seen a couple text wrapping issues, but it only seems to be when there's a contraction at the end of a line (haven't gotten to any phone messages yet). Nothing too egregious, at least. I remember seeing a few typos in the PC version, both issues are pretty easy to ignore, though.

It's not perfect, but it's definitely better than the PC version, by a lot.

What was wrong with the PC version? I went from the rough fan translation to the official release and it was a whole new world.

MetalDeer

What was wrong with the PC version? I went from the rough fan translation to the official release and it was a whole new world.

Well, there's nothing wrong with the translation, the translation is great. I did have a few minor annoyances with the PC version: like being unable to unlock all the achievements because of one measly CG (not sure if that's a bug or if I completely missed something), the backlog not displaying who's saying what (which is remedied in the console version). No real big issues.

I suppose I'm just putting a lot of weight on the better image quality in the PS3 version. I probably exaggerated a little. Nothing majorly wrong with the JAST PC release, but the PS3 version just feels better, to me.

My PS3 copy that I ordered from a 3rd party seller is 1 state away! I'm so excited! I watched the anime first because I couldn't wait... (I KNOW... I KNOW...) I'm really excited to see how much more fleshed out the story in the game is.

5 hours into the Vita version (VN's are so perfect on this thing, I hope we'll get more) and I'm enjoying it so far. Not a huge fan of Rintaro's shtick but I like everyone else. Not too bothered by the line breaks and the typos here and there, the localization seems solid otherwise. I especially like (mild Ch1-2 spoilers)
how accurate they recreated 2chan/4chan and how real world events are built into the story so far, like John Titor and CERN
. I'm going to play more now :)

Got true end last night on pc version. I watched the anime before playing but the VN was still amazing. As soon as the Vita version comes out in America I'm buying it just to throw more money at this game :p

These characters are so good man... I want to say "especially _____" but for every char because I love them all. Except
moeka
ofc :p the robotics note connection with
nae
made one of the possibilities quite interesting.
if she went yandere I wonder how robotics chars would've built a robot

marcincz

Ordered on Friday after 5pm and received, yesterday. Great time.
Played almost 1,5h. Story looks very good so far. It's my first VN so beginning was very confused for me. :)

jiggles

Banned
I'm a little way in to Chapter 2 now and it's definitely improved a lot since the prologue.

The main character, though. I dunno, I know he's a self-proclaimed Mad Scientist, but I can't tell if they're going for him being literally insane, or just a big kid who can't stop playing make-believe. Either way, he's a difficult guy to "play as", because I can't relate or understand his thought process.

That's my main complaint right now. I love the incredible attention to detail. The online threads are super convincing and all the real-world references seem well thought-out. The story to this point actually reminds me a lot of Primer. I wonder if it was an influence when they were writing this.

I'm a little way in to Chapter 2 now and it's definitely improved a lot since the prologue.

The main character, though. I dunno, I know he's a self-proclaimed Mad Scientist, but I can't tell if they're going for him being literally insane, or just a big kid who can't stop playing make-believe. Either way, he's a difficult guy to "play as", because I can't relate or understand his thought process.

Yeah he seems like a guy that made up a new identity for himself to be "interesting". I don't think he's insane, he just has a few issues. Very unlikable so far.

Amazon Spain is out of stock of the LE vita version.

You can still get the standard vita version there, though. But keep in mind the box and manual are only in spanish+italian, not english, in case you are a collector and mind about it.

(Although the manual is just 4 pages for controls and configuration, in B/N, so not a real loss there)

That's kinda funny, since there's no distributor here in Italy and we have to import from Spain/UK. So sad.

There are a few more EL Psy Kongroo Editions up on Rice

Vita
PS3

Seems like Zavvi didn't cancel my order. The game's still sold out so I'd have to wait anyway.
It seems like they only cancelled a few orders from people who contacted support, maybe mistakenly. I still think they will get stock eventually. I keep asking PQube and zavvi on twitter but they keep ignoring me :(

Spwn

Seems like Zavvi didn't cancel my order. The game's still sold out so I'd have to wait anyway.

I doubt they will ever stock the game. I haven't even received the special order notification. :(

edit: And I pre-ordered the game in March. This is kind of infuriating.

zakujanai

One bit just bothered be where I was talking to two characters in chapter 2 and one said
The future....
and the other said
of mankind?
when even with my limited Japanese I could hear that they said it the other way around. I obviously understand that it was phrased better this way in English but it was initially confusing and is the reason I usually prefer English dub. This game is probably still an exception to that, despite the moment I just had.

One bit just bothered be where I was talking to two characters in chapter 2 and one said
The future....
and the other said
of mankind?
when even with my limited Japanese I could hear that they said it the other way around. I obviously understand that it was phrased better this way in English but it was initially confusing and is the reason I usually prefer English dub. This game is probably still an exception to that, despite the moment I just had.

I noticed that as well. I don't mind it that much since I only understand very few words and that's just how localization is done. I prefer that to a very literal approach, dubbed or not.

Prelude.

It seems like they only cancelled a few orders from people who contacted support, maybe mistakenly. I still think they will get stock eventually. I keep asking PQube and zavvi on twitter but they keep ignoring me :(
I doubt they will ever stock the game. I haven't even received the special order notification. :(

edit: And I pre-ordered the game in March. This is kind of infuriating.
I didn't get any notification either, I contacted them twice (since the first got me a standard automated reply). Maybe it's also because I already paid.

The thread title is utterly fantastic. Can't wait for my Rice Digital LE for Vita to come in. I've had the PC version sitting sealed on my shelf since it was announced.

I'm part way through chapter 2. Still slow moving, but I can feel it about to pick up soon
Okabe just got the IBN 5100 from the shrine.
and that's where I stopped for now.

Also after playing it for a bit, the OT title is fucking great.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Package from Rice Digital just came in. :)
NIrFJJAl.jpg

MetalDeer

I feel awful for missing that JAST USA limited edition.

You're not alone.

Some Figmas are okay. Specifically the ones that don't make the movable joints super obvious. I kinda want one of the Kurisu Figmas, actually. And I have an Aigis Figma, and it's great.

Rainy

Banned
Random but I'm thinking of buying the PC version, the one listed on Amazon is called "The Best Edition." Any specific reason for that?

And looks like everyone is enjoying the game quite a bit :)

Top Bottom