• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
LE artbook size comparison:
h8RigRNl.jpg

UK PS3 -> JP 360 -> US PC
All still on the small size it seems. :p

Omikaru

Between my horrendous study schedule, I've actually managed to fit in a few hours on this.

It's good. Really good. Pacing is a bit wonky for the first chapter, but I think it really picks up after that, and I'm totally digging this VN. Definitely lives up to the hype.

Does anyone know if the iOS version is any good on retina iPads? I'm seriously considering double dipping on this.

Between my horrendous study schedule, I've actually managed to fit in a few hours on this.

It's good. Really good. Pacing is a bit wonky for the first chapter, but I think it really picks up after that, and I'm totally digging this VN. Definitely lives up to the hype.

Does anyone know if the iOS version is any good on retina iPads? I'm seriously considering double dipping on this.
Well, there is an "HD" version on iOS. The English release isn't out yet, though.

There's a free trial/demo /lite version of the iOS version. Download the HD lite one and see how it runs for you. Ill buy it again on iOS for sure.

I got my Rice LE on monday, I'm currently playing the 1st chapter... It's so good :p

Also, I got an email from Rice saying they have new stock for the "El Psy Congroo" Limited edition

Edit: it's out of stock again it seems...

Saphirax

My copy arrived today from ShopTo; quicker than I expected it. Gonna finish Operation Abyss first and dive right into it.

Yaari

Any other VNs PQube could publish if this turns out to be a hit? (On Vita). This is obviously a big one and i doubt theres many more like that.

Any other VNs PQube could publish if this turns out to be a hit? (On Vita). This is obviously a big one and i doubt theres many more like that.
You may not know this, but Steins;Gate is part of a series called the Science Adventure series (and it's actually the second main VN in the series). The others are Chaos;Head, Robotics;Notes, and Chaos;Child. There are a number of spinoffs/pseudo-sequels too.

Right so I've been meaning to watch the Stein's Gate anime for a while now but I would also like to play the game. Which would be better to watch/play first?

Right so I've been meaning to watch the Stein's Gate anime for a while now but I would also like to play the game. Which would be better to watch/play first?
The general consensus is that the game is better to start with, and I'd probably have to agree. I can't speak from experience though, because my first introduction to it was back when the anime was airing in 2011.

Yaari

You may not know this, but Steins;Gate is part of a series called the Science Adventure series (and it's actually the second main VN in the series). The others are Chaos;Head, Robotics;Notes, and Chaos;Child. There are a number of spinoffs/pseudo-sequels too.

Chaos;Head Noah.

Ah I see, I didn't know about that. I did recently read they were doing another Anime too. Not sure what that will be based on.

Ah I see, I didn't know about that. I did recently read they were doing another Anime too. Not sure what that will be based on.

Actually it's both a VN and an anime, called Steins;Gate 0. I'd tell you what it's about, but it involves heavy spoilers.

Zhao_Yun

Played it for a few hours and really enjoy it although I watched the anime back in 2011 already. Nevertheless it's a pity that I still remember the major twists of the story since it certainly would be more enjoyable if I didn't know already. If there just was a way to forget everything about the anime...

On chapter 7 at the moment and I've been really enjoying the game so far.

I'd love to see the other scientific adventures titles in the future too.

Well Amazon.es said they lost my package and they replaced it for delivery on Monday and then the original order showed up at 9pm today, so the girlfriend gets a copy because Amazon told me to keep the replacement because Spain is so far away.

Shizuka

this is the first and last time I ever buy something from overseas without tracking. I hate not knowing where my shit is.

For me, it's the first time in four years, not to mention it's not going to my adress, customs will most likely charge import fees and I'll have to wait for the post office paper before I can pick it up.

I went into this blind and wasn't really aware I was making sort of decisions.

Ending spoilers:
I obviously was though because I've just been stuck in a desperate and dark two day loop where Okabe nearly killed and raped two of his friends and eventually went back to 1975. Bad ending I guess :(

Audioboxer

Hit chapter 2. Refreshing to have a sci-fi themed "JRPG" grounded in real world science. Yeah, it's still got the JRPG flair, but in short doses.

Loving it so far.

Prelude.

Back in stock at Shopto, canceled Zavvi's "pre-order", bought from Shopto, spent £3 more (shipping), got the dispatch confirmation as I'm typing this. gg

I'll say. Just finished my first blind playthrough and got
Suzuha's
ending.

Shocked me for a bit cuz I thought there would be more. Lol. Anyway, time to start another playthrough for the other ends...

Might be easier to
load Chapter 6 again and do something different this time

Top Bottom